Narrows vs Honaker

nrv_football

This is the first time ever meeting between the two teams. This has a college gameday atmosphere, or in this case, high school gameday atmosphere. Honaker is averaging around 40 points per game while Narrows had a top 5 defense in region 1C, I'm going with Honaker in this one, but it'll be very close. And this is me, being a Honaker alumni, but I'm nervous how this game goes. 

17 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Narrows will undoubtedly have the best athlete on the field. With that said If this game is close in the 4th Narrows will find a way to win. But I am going with Honaker 35 to 20

Here's the problem with Narrows this game that gets them in my opinion. Narrows how many times this year has played a team that runs a wide open offense and likes to sling it? Even James Monroe, Holston, McCluer, Giles. They ain't slinging the ball around like anything Narrows is about to see. I think that Honaker gives Narrows major problems through the air. I could be wrong. If Narrows pulls this off, I'm telling you, you are going to hear talk about Narrows having a realistic chance of coming out of the west, or at least in the conversation.

I think Honaker wins by 12 to 16 points.

I’m predicting a high scoring shootout. With a final score of like 56-42. Narrows secondary will be tested for the first time this season. Honaker will have to defend the best player they’ve seen this season. Narrows having home field advantage is huge. It is hard for an opposing team to win down there. I’m looking forward to watching this one!

All I know is, I'm gonna post up on McCroskey Hill awfully early and hopefully enjoy the show.  It should be a fun one, especially if the Narrows that came out of the locker room after halftime of the Parry McCluer game shows up.

30 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

All I know is, I'm gonna post up on McCroskey Hill awfully early and hopefully enjoy the show.  It should be a fun one, especially if the Narrows that came out of the locker room after halftime of the Parry McCluer game shows up.

Might come up on the hill and shoot the shit with my ol buddy Jason

9 hours ago, nrv_football said:

Narrows will undoubtedly have the best athlete on the field. With that said If this game is close in the 4th Narrows will find a way to win. But I am going with Honaker 35 to 20

Who is this best athlete? Find it incredibly hard to have a better athlete that is better than Lowe Musick or bandy

27 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Who is this best athlete? Find it incredibly hard to have a better athlete that is better than Lowe Musick or bandy

Kolier Pruett. Was the star WR but moved to QB after the starter tore his ACL. He is dangerous with his legs and throws the ball well despite not playing QB since little league. He’s also one of the best safety’s in the region. 

17 hours ago, Stelley said:

Pruett is what you have if you put Lowe’s explosiveness, Bandy’s toughness and Musick’s size into one player.  I realize for many folks in Russell Co that may seem like an exaggeration, but it’s not. Dude is the real deal. 

55 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Pruett is what you have if you put Lowe’s explosiveness, Bandy’s toughness and Musick’s size into one player.  I realize for many folks in Russell Co that may seem like an exaggeration, but it’s not. Dude is the real deal. 

Pruett is some kind of athlete man.  You can tell when you see a player and you just kind of know, this kid is a Div 1 athlete in one sport or another.  Whether it's football, table tennis, swimming, basketball or whatever, it's just often an obvious thing.  It's noticeable with Pruett in my opinion.  Pruett can stand flat footed underneath a basketball rim, and jump straight up and dunk the basketball.  I know we are talking about football, but he's that freakish of an athlete.  Even with Pruett being something special, I don't think it will be enough to overcome Honaker.  Honaker is rolling like most fans thought they would be.  When you look at Honaker 22 starters across the board compared to Narrows, I just think Honaker is too much. 

They use Hudl Focus instead of NFHS.  Cost is usually about $8-$10 per game, depending on the school.  Some schools have monthly and yearly subscription options as well.  Film quality is 10x better than NFHS.

https://fan.hudl.com/United-States/VA/Narrows/organization/19040/Narrows-High-School/watch?s=U2NoZWR1bGVFbnRyeTIyOTUzNjU0

15 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Shall I call your work and act like it’s an emergency so that you can come?

That's what I'm talking about! Lol

5 hours ago, ehcwasp said:

They use Hudl Focus instead of NFHS.  Cost is usually about $8-$10 per game, depending on the school.  Some schools have monthly and yearly subscription options as well.  Film quality is 10x better than NFHS.

https://fan.hudl.com/United-States/VA/Narrows/organization/19040/Narrows-High-School/watch?s=U2NoZWR1bGVFbnRyeTIyOTUzNjU0

It cost me $8.54. 

Narrows showed up and I have to give them credit. Narrows had so many unforced turnovers early on and their transition defense was lacking and Honaker got out to a big lead. I think Honaker hit eleven 3's in this game, and Narrows also knocked down some shots. For Narrows and Honaker, both need better perimeter defense and for Narrows, guard play has to be better at protecting the ball.