Abingdon @ Ridgeview

cwillowe

How is the player who got injured late in the game Vs Union? His name and number both are escaping me.. 

If he plays then I think Ridgeview wins a tight one. If he doesn’t, that really puts a burden on O’Quinn to be special and things could get interesting. 

Pack 27

Falcons 20

14 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

How is the player who got injured late in the game Vs Union? His name and number both are escaping me.. 

If he plays then I think Ridgeview wins a tight one. If he doesn’t, that really puts a burden on O’Quinn to be special and things could get interesting. 

Pack 27

Falcons 20

Honaker???  Looked like a serious injury if that’s who you’re referring too 

Just now, UnionGuy2017 said:

That’s him. Thanks. I don’t know if he played for them against Battle. I’m sure someone will let us know. 

Yeah I’m not sure but as tough as he was he had to be hurting pretty bad 

I think RV will win this one but it’ll be close.  Home field should be enough to get the pack the win.  The defense is legit, but lack of imagination on offense is puzzling,  I know there are no game breakers on the team this year but some offensive creativity would help the QB out tremendously. 

1 hour ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Pack 27

Falcons 20

Branson Honaker #17 (maybe?) I know thats the name, About 99% sure on the number

He played defense AFAIK Friday night, no offense though

Yes Honaker. I think Ridgeview, like other schools, hopes to have a healthy team not sick form flu man. They have had multiple players sick the last two weeks. Don’t know if there are anyone left who hasn’t had it. I look for a close game for sure. Luke Honaker has a lot of family from the area so he will be playing hard. Being at home will give RV a decent advantage as long as RV plays up to their potential. I’m really loving Deel running the ball. To be a sophomore he’s got amazing potential. Scanlon is on a mission, I think, to define himself as a major defensive threat and big tight-end playmaker. Lots of potential for one or two playoff upsets if rankings stay where there at with RV. But we will see where the rankings end up. 

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I think RV will win this one but it’ll be close.  Home field should be enough to get the pack the win.  The defense is legit, but lack of imagination on offense is puzzling,  I know there are no game breakers on the team this year but some offensive creativity would help the QB out tremendously. 

Well, the offensive creativity is now at Castlewood and Honaker.  You are seeing how much three college level WRs/ playmakers covered up some pretty uninspired play calling last year.

Best thing they can do to help the QB is to turn Scanlon into Gronk via play action fakes.  Develop a more creative screen game and, I’ve been screaming this for four years now…..throw the damn comeback!!

On 10/15/2023 at 8:52 PM, SwvaOG said:

Well, the offensive creativity is now at Castlewood and Honaker.  You are seeing how much three college level WRs/ playmakers covered up some pretty uninspired play calling last year.

Best thing they can do to help the QB is to turn Scanlon into Gronk via play action fakes.  Develop a more creative screen game and, I’ve been screaming this for four years now…..throw the damn comeback!!

Oh no doubt.  That’s why I’m rooting for Tiller to win the state title.  Plus I got some friends in Honaker and always liked their program. 
I mean you have a decent QB. (One of the better ones around here) and in 2 years he has regressed from Freshman to Junior.  There is no excuse for that, because I know that he is a super smart kid. 

23 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Oh no doubt.  That’s why I’m rooting for Tiller to win the state title.  Plus I got some friends in Honaker and always liked their program. 
I mean you have a decent QB. (One of the better ones around here) and in 2 years he has regressed from Freshman to Junior.  There is no excuse for that, because I know that he is a super smart kid. 

Agree.  The regime change affected him the most.  Had RV stayed the course he would be much further developed.  His deficiencies are correctable; however, they are the same ones from his Fr year.  They haven’t been fixed.  Still doesn’t throw short and intermediate routes on time…..waits to see his WR open first and still isn’t allowed to read defenses much.  The fact they still try so many deep shots is mind-boggling.  Those long TDs from last year were in a very large part due to the WR core.  I’m not sure throwing jump balls to 5’8” WRs in double coverage is a smart move. 

Plenty of room to improve,  but it was easy to look good with the group he was throwing to  last season.  Still the best in the region though.  He ain't that far off from where he was,  but that can't be corrected right now. Could be a final possession game.  They seem to match up well yearly. 

Cal preps has it 28 -19 RV.  Good thing for Abingdon is they have them beating Northern Virginia Home School 34-22 on Saturday.  
you have to give Abingdon credit for playing games back to back.  🤣🤣

I'm not 100% shocked by the win, but I'm 1000% shocked by the score.

Abingdon gets beat by Battle and squeaks by GC by 3 points. Then, puts up 49 on RV. Once again, CRAZY football this year!

Union had better be ready to go next week.

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Abingdon gets beat by Battle and squeaks by GC by 3 points. Then, puts up 49 on RV. Once again, CRAZY football this year!

Agree Union Fan. The thing about Abingdon, big school, lots of kids to choose from and even though down last year and this year, there is still talent on the team and on any given night when the talent shows up, things can get interesting. 

12 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Agree Union Fan. The thing about Abingdon, big school, lots of kids to choose from and even though down last year and this year, there is still talent on the team and on any given night when the talent shows up, things can get interesting. 

We rip John Battle on here but I did watch the game against RV last week.  They have some talent.  They aren’t great and have no businesss beating Abingdon, but aren’t a bad team either

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

And Abingdon is one of those places like Central where we don't exactly play great