5. Gate City (5-3) 19.875
6. Lee (4-4) 17.000
7. Marion (3-5) 15.875
8. Virginia (3-5) 15.250
9. Lebanon (3-5) 14.875
10. Battle (2-6) 14.125
11. Central (1-7) 12.875
12. Richlands (0-8) 11.375

Not sure who Radford has left but you'd think Union with 2 games left with one of them vs a 3A school they could jump Radford but from what I've read here its almost impossible to catch them.  Assuming this is the correct points

8 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Not sure who Radford has left but you'd think Union with 2 games left with one of them vs a 3A school they could jump Radford but from what I've read here its almost impossible to catch them.  Assuming this is the correct points

Radford’s average is being determined by 9 games where as Union’s is only 8. While the average looks close, Radford has around 29 more total points than Union currently and Radford still has a 3A school to play as well. Carroll doesn’t have as many wins as Abingdon so Union will close the gap some but it would take a miracle for them to outpoint Radford

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

Radford’s average is being determined by 9 games where as Unions is only 8. While the average looks close, Radford has around 29 more total points than Union. 

Gotcha!!!  Hopefully if Union makes it thru the region someones done beat Radford but doesn't seem likely from the scores I'm seeing from them

Just now, goose111874 said:

Gotcha!!!  Hopefully if Union makes it thru the region someones done beat Radford but doesn't seem likely from the scores I'm seeing from them

The way things are looking, Radford will host Appomattox in the second round. Could very well be an upset there just because Appo is Appo.

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Tazewell beats Graham would they move into 2nd? Graham down to 3rd or 4th?

Graham currently has 23 more total points than Tazewell. It would be close but I think Graham would still hold the #2 spot by a very small margin due to rider points. @Union_Fan may work on some scenarios this weekend to give us a better look

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Don't think u need to worry about that one.  Getting your RB healthy now has made Graham the favorites imo.  Hopefully if Union Graham play again we can move it to Bluefield to give us away field advantage lol!!!!

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

6 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Graham currently has 23 more total points than Tazewell. It would be close but I think Graham would still hold the #2 spot by a very small margin due to rider points. @Union_Fan may work on some scenarios this weekend to give us a better look

If Tazewell were to beat Graham, they would move up to 3rd and bump Ridgeview down to 4th. Union and Graham should still finish 1 and 2 respectively.

I'll work on a bunch of scenarios this week.

Uncle Percy says this looks like a lot of wishful ifs. Uncle Percy says One thing that is certain, Tazewell is not going to beat The Revenuers, Clements is back. The Bull Pack will spend most of this Friday looking at his heels. The Graham Revenuers will be in the Region D Final. Another thing, you Union “experts” better be thankful that James Colley is not the Ridgeview Coach. You would be in big trouble. No if, but, or and about it, Big Trouble. We’ve been reading all these posts, sounds like some of the “Union experts” already have the Championship Trophy in the Trophy Case. 

As for all these wishful IFs, as Uncle Percy reminds us from time to time, “If a Bullfrog had wings, it wouldn’t kick itself in the arse every time it jumped”.  

8 minutes ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

Uncle Percy says this looks like a lot of wishful ifs. Uncle Percy says One thing that is certain, Tazewell is not going to beat The Revenuers, Clements is back. The Bull Pack will spend most of this Friday looking at his heels. The Graham Revenuers will be in the Region D Final. Another thing, you Union “experts” better be thankful that James Colley is not the Ridgeview Coach. You would be in big trouble. No if, but, or and about it, Big Trouble. We’ve been reading all these posts, sounds like some of the “Union experts” already have the Championship Trophy in the Trophy Case. 

As for all these wishful IFs, as Uncle Percy reminds us from time to time, “If a Bullfrog had wings, it wouldn’t kick itself in the arse every time it jumped”.  

Might wanna read more carefully no Union fans have said anything about a championship Mr Expert 

4 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I still think it’s amazing to see Richlands dead last.  

The dichotomy of the decline: 

Dennis Palmer no longer on staff

Mance retires

Hire Thad Wells should have hired Ronnie Davis (maybe luring Snake back but probably not)

Lowe debacle which undermined the success of the program and created turmoil in the community. 

Once again, Ronnie Davis was back last season but then gone again this season. Richlands needs some more quality assistants , not saying current ones aren’t alright but the program is in need of serious help. 

Not as talented as past/Richlands kids transferring to other schools instead of vice versa. Plus someone from Richlands mentioned the “youth” factor too. I don’t know how the feeder program is down that way from little league through middle school, maybe that’s part of it too. 

A series of very unfortunate events as they say…what’s the best solution? That’s above my pay grade. I do hope they figure it out because it only helps all teams when others in the area are competitive & thriving! 

1 hour ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

I don't care who is back! Nothing is certain in this game until the clock hits 0.

2 hours ago, adsi97 said:

I don't care who is back! Nothing is certain in this game until the clock hits 0.

I agree with this statement! I will take it a step further & to our east. A bunch of folks are giving region C to Radford, “Appo is down this year”,  blah, blah, blah! Appo is a team that could beat Radford in the playoffs! Never count them out EVER!  

1 hour ago, adsi97 said:

Then you had better hope that Clements can’t be on the field for 4 quarters after the way Giles ran the ball against Tazewell.

27 minutes ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

You Union boys have been crowing ever since you beat Graham. 

Timing is everything,  you make a great point because a few have made salem reservations already lol. I just don't think the graham victory was as big a deal either.  They're not the same caliper as a season ago. Not to say they're not capable, they've just not looked like they normally do.  They usually progress mid- season into the playoffs better than most. With the potential for rematches coming up soon, who knows.  Union usually stumbles into the playoffs but they've been different as well.  End of the day, the order and pairings could still change quiet a bit and a not-so-good team could very well upset three higher seed and roll on through. It's still anyone's game. I love keeping up with points and pairings as much as the next guy but some just read too much into it. 

1 hour ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

You Union boys have been crowing ever since you beat Graham. 

You’re the one hyping up Ridgeview which is hilarious after getting their ass whooped by Abingdon 

1 hour ago, S10SQUAREBODY4LIFE said:

Timing is everything,  you make a great point because a few have made salem reservations already lol. I just don't think the graham victory was as big a deal either.  They're not the same caliper as a season ago. Not to say they're not capable, they've just not looked like they normally do.  They usually progress mid- season into the playoffs better than most. With the potential for rematches coming up soon, who knows.  Union usually stumbles into the playoffs but they've been different as well.  End of the day, the order and pairings could still change quiet a bit and a not-so-good team could very well upset three higher seed and roll on through. It's still anyone's game. I love keeping up with points and pairings as much as the next guy but some just read too much into it. 

Can someone find one serious post that a UNION fan on here has said we’re going to state.  

3 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

You’re the one hyping up Ridgeview which is hilarious after getting their ass whooped by Abingdon 

No hype. I just said that you better glad James Colley was not the Coach of Ridgeview.