Liberty scores!

RichlandsAlum

Final score was 49-6 Amherst.  But from the atmosphere after the game someone who wasn't aware of that might easily form the impression that Liberty actually won.  The student section (which was loud and active for the entire game) stormed the field and embraced the team and pretty much everyone was in an upbeat mood.

Very odd.  But still a thing of beauty.  You've gotta love small town Friday night football.

10 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Someone at the game said Liberty started chanting “We want Blacksburg”

Yep. I can confirm that.  Our student section also seemed to be liberally supplemented last night.  Rumor was that kids from other schools (including some Liberty University students) showed up to provide support.

Gold roof on a tin outhouse for sure.  But still pretty cool.

LHS won't be kept down.

29 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Blacksburg wouldn't play them lol

I bet they wouldn't forfeit if it was soccer

Blacksburg supposedly had 40ish on their roster. Bland County played numerous games with like 14 or 15 kids. They canceled one game because they only had 11 to play. Blacksburg had 29ish out injured/sick, sure they did. 

It’s a fact Jack, if Blacksburg only had 11 in soccer and the rest were injured/sick , those 11 would play the entire time before forfeiting a soccer game. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Blacksburg supposedly had 40ish on their roster. Bland County played numerous games with like 14 or 15 kids. They canceled one game because they only had 11 to play. Blacksburg had 29ish out injured/sick, sure they did. 

It’s a fact Jack, if Blacksburg only had 11 in soccer and the rest were injured/sick , those 11 would play the entire time before forfeiting a soccer game. 

They are cowards plain and simple

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm sure the Blacksburg players wished they were as good as the all world Graham Gmen. Why must you keep putting down the kids from Blacksburg.

12 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

I'm sure the Blacksburg players wished they were as good as the all world Graham Gmen. Why must you keep putting down the kids from Blacksburg.

You said the words "kids from Blacksburg." I could be wrong, but I have read a grand total of zero times, any poster on this board putting down the KIDS of Blacksburg. There's a gigantic difference in the Kids at Blacksburg and the administrators/AD at Blacksburg. I've been critical of the AD/Coach/Administration of Blacksburg like a few others on here, but ain't the same as the kids/players. 

4 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

No one is putting down the kids from Blacksburg. They are putting down the coaches and administrators at Blacksburg who indeed are cowards. Two times in 3 years they've pulled this stunt. 

12 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

No one is putting down the kids. I’m sure the kids would have played if given the opportunity. The situation is on the adults in charge. Geez…still need that chill pill I see! 

10 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

I can't believe you continue to speak of high school kids this way.

This fallacy is one I studied at Tech. We had a great ethics class my freshmen year. We learned all the fallacies of which we all use. The fallacy you have used is known as "Strawman." Strawman is a distortion of the opponent or other persons position. You personally KNOW the posters aren't personally knocking the kids. They are knocking the admins/AD/Coach, yet you distort that.

Second fallacy type that this kind of fits into is called "Playing to the audience." You know kids are a protected population and our values agree to that. You use Strawman in conjunction with Playing to the Audience.  

Stop using fallacy dude. Some are intentional and the ones you are using are on purpose. If you are going to do fallacy (like we all do), use them accidentally, without intent.

9 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You said the words "kids from Blacksburg." I could be wrong, but I have read a grand total of zero times, any poster on this board putting down the KIDS of Blacksburg. There's a gigantic difference in the Kids at Blacksburg and the administrators/AD at Blacksburg. I've been critical of the AD/Coach/Administration of Blacksburg like a few others on here, but ain't the same as the kids/players. 

He's a clown just trying to start something

4 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You said the words "kids from Blacksburg." I could be wrong, but I have read a grand total of zero times, any poster on this board putting down the KIDS of Blacksburg. There's a gigantic in the Kids at Blacksburg and the administrators/AD at Blacksburg. I've been critical of the AD/Coach/Administration of Blacksburg like a few others on here, but ain't the same as the kids/players. 

You think the players on Blacksburg's team are not hurt by the comments made by people on here. I think they are, no matter who you're talking about. Just maybe they've heard about the comments or read them.

14 minutes ago, CPF said:

No one is putting down the kids from Blacksburg. They are putting down the coaches and administrators at Blacksburg who indeed are cowards. Two times in 3 years they've pulled this stunt. 

Yes you are!! You're putting down the whole team including the players when you say things like calling their coaches and administrators cowards. 

6 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

You think the players on Blacksburg's team are not hurt by the comments made by people on here. I think they are, no matter who you're talking about. Just maybe they've heard about the comments or read them.

5 minutes ago, adsi97 said:

Yes you are!! You're putting down the whole team including the players when you say things like calling their coaches and administrators cowards. 

There's the more advanced faulty logic condition that goes far beyond fallacy. It's the condition that is diagnosed after one displays the inability to understand his fallacy after it has been clearly shown to him. The condition is known as dumbassedness.