Virginia Playoffs: Take One.

Queue

4 minutes ago, CPF said:

Come on bro.....they've been decimated. Marion and VA High would beat them now too.

There’s not another QB in SWVA that puts those numbers up against air on a consistent basis. Small school high school football doesn’t see that level of maturity, accuracy and polish from the QB position very often. Enjoy it when it happens. It doesn’t diminish your team to appreciate another kid!

My first time seeing Creasy play. Color me very impressed!!!

36 minutes ago, CPF said:

The statement I can put up tremendous stats against mid teams but can't score a point against the good teams? Those stats don't lie. Maybe he can break that streak next week. I hope he does.

I say it each week, if the line can protect him, he will do great.  The kid is a great athlete, very smart and football savvy. Joe Montana (exaggerating, of course) wouldn't have fared much better with the kind of pressure that Graham put on him in that game.  

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

I say it each week, if the line can protect him, he will do great.  The kid is a great athlete, very smart and football savvy. Joe Montana (exaggerating, of course) wouldn't have fared much better with the kind of pressure that Graham put on him in that game.  

Get what you're saying. But he didn't put up a single point against Princeton or Riverheads either. At some point that's a pattern.

Just now, CPF said:

Get what you're saying. But he didn't put up a single point against Princeton or Riverheads either. At some point that's a pattern.

He was picking Riverheads apart and had just ran for 40 yards before getting pile drived on his already injured shoulder in the 1st quarter against Riverheads.  I don't count that one.  Against Princeton, they put him under tremendous pressure too.  He has the utmost personal character and is a very respectable young man who doesn't get into one ounce of trouble either, the kind of kid you want leading your team win or lose.  

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham-Lee had a female on the crew last night. Y’all should have seen her trying to keep up with Clements down the sideline. Gal gave it a valiant effort! Not sure any of the males could have kept up with him any better though. Best crew I saw all season was Pulaski Graham game crew. 

Probably had to tell her the game was on Thursday so she would show up on time Friday...a sexist  would say.

9 minutes ago, CPF said:

Also not an excuse but fact. They came into the Princeton game with their heads down and already lost the game when they walked on the field. You can't do that with anybody. You have to go into the game thinking you can win it regardless 

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Also not an excuse but fact. They came into the Princeton game with their heads down and already lost the game when they walked on the field. You can't do that with anybody. You have to go into the game thinking you can win it regardless 

I hope that becomes a thing of the past.  The Bulldogs have "not shown up" on occasion the past few years.

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

I hope that becomes a thing of the past.  The Bulldogs have "not shown" up on occasion the past few years.

They came ready to play against Graham just it went the other way. Hope to see same intensity next week. 

Win or lose I just want a good effort and good game

1 minute ago, Real Sasquatch said:

He was picking Riverheads apart and had just ran for 40 yards before getting pile drived on his already injured shoulder in the 1st quarter against Riverheads.  I don't count that one.  Against Princeton, they put him under tremendous pressure too.  He has the utmost personal character and is a very respectable young man who doesn't get into one ounce of trouble either, the kind of kid you want leading your team win or lose.  

I think the world of you. You know that. But the stats don't lie. I'm not questioning anything you've said. But counting it or not counting it doesn't matter. Nor does excuses made by stu bean. It is fact. If everyone is going to blow it out of proportion everytime something good is done then it's fair game. In my opinion he's not even the best QB in the district. The kid from Lebanon is. I can be proven wrong next week. All he has to do is produce.

49 minutes ago, sixcat said:

There’s not another QB in SWVA that puts those numbers up against air on a consistent basis. Small school high school football doesn’t see that level of maturity, accuracy and polish from the QB position very often. Enjoy it when it happens. It doesn’t diminish your team to appreciate another kid!

My first time seeing Creasy play. Color me very impressed!!!

What about the kid from Honaker? I don’t know how he compares to Creasy but he’s put up some numbers this season. 

2 minutes ago, CPF said:

I think the world of you. You know that. But the stats don't lie. I'm not questioning anything you've said. But counting it or not counting it doesn't matter. Nor does excuses made by stu bean. It is fact. If everyone is going to blow it out of proportion everytime something good is done then it's fair game. In my opinion he's not even the best QB in the district. The kid from Lebanon is. I can be proven wrong next week. All he has to do is produce.

Lebanon has a good QB with a rocket launcher for an arm but I see high balls thrown that are more of jump balls with him and hoping his receiver wins those shots.

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

What about the kid from Honaker? I don’t know how he compares to Creasy but he’s put up some numbers this season. 

Prior to this week, creasy had about 100 more yds and about 10 less tds I think it was 

5 minutes ago, CPF said:

In my opinion he's not even the best QB in the district. The kid from Lebanon is.

Where’s Lebanon playing next week?

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I haven’t seen him play but I will make it a point to watch him soon. 

Just now, sixcat said:

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Same place O'Quinn is playing. Doesn't make anyone still playing better.

Just now, CPF said:

Same place O'Quinn is playing. Doesn't make anyone still playing better.

But your argument implies Creasy is surrounded by the equivalent talent he would have if he were the QB at Princeton or Graham. He’s not. They’re not bad and there is some quality talent. But it’s not nearly to the level of Princeton or Graham at this point. 

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Stat wise (Max preps) Carter Creasy is number one on the stat board, followed by 2nd is Peyton Musick. But you can’t really count on Max Preps.

Edit: The VHSL has Creasy at #1 also, and Peyton Musick of honaker at #4

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Honaker QB career 4,411 passing yards per Honaker Football page. Not sure of TDs.

I’m out of reactions. Thanks. 

I say this without having seen him play yet. Going against a predominantly Class 1 schedule isn’t as impressive as going against a predominantly Class 2 schedule. 

The gap between Class 1 and Class 2 is as wide as it’s ever been right now. 

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

But your argument implies Creasy is surrounded by the equivalent talent he would have if he were the QB at Princeton or Graham. He’s not. They’re not bad and there is some quality talent. But it’s not nearly to the level of Princeton or Graham at this point. 

I didn't say he was bad. He isn't. But he isn't what they blow him up to being either. He does not produce when playing good teams. The difference is if the kid at Lebanon were at Graham......he would be the starter. That's nothing against our kid. He's very good. If the Tazewell kid was at Graham he would be the backup. That's not cast. That's talent.

I have seen the Reece kid play. He’s very good but I think many people fall in love with the arm strength and overlook some things. Namely touch and accuracy. 

Personally, I think Reece and Creasy would both start for every other school in Region C or Region D with the exception of Radford. Creasy doesn’t possess the arm strength of Reece but Reece doesn’t posses the consistency, touch and accuracy of Reece.   

Having both at the high school level, especially where we live, would be a tremendous luxury. 

Anyway, you’re not going to change my mind and I’m not attempting to change yours. Opinions vary.