Patrick Henry vs Honaker

Gridiron60

If the PH game plan is the same as the one they used in the regular season, I don’t see them beating Honaker. One kid running the ball 50 times isn’t going to get it done. I do think the winner of this game is the team to beat in 1D, though, regardless of which one it is.

I think Honaker has the edge in this one.

Homefield advantage... 

They are a dual threat with running and passing game.  

Limit  Goodspeed and win favors Honaker

Here are stats from Bristol Herald on PH vs Grundy game:

PH scored in 7 of their 8 possessions vs Grundy

Goodspeed finished with 223 yards on 23 carries.  He had 5 TD runs of 1, 12, 26, 22 and 20 yards against Grundy with 42 carries for 403 yards.  Passing yards for PH were 32 yards.  1 completion, 2 attempts, no INT.

They had zero punts for the game.

In PH's previous game with Honaker, Goodspeed finished with 276 yards on 41 carries.

1st downs- Hon 16; PH 17

Rushing yards Honaker had 159  yards on 27 carries

Rushing yards for PH were 341 yards on 52 carries.  

Passing yards Honaker had 173 yards on 15-24 attempts

Passing yards for PH were zero with 1 attempt

Penalties for both teams were 3-20 yards.

Honaker and PH both had 2 punts each for game

I went with this in week 3 and will stick with it. Honaker is the head honcho this year in 1D, but if any team can clip them in regular season or the playoffs, it will be Patrick Henry. The weather is getting colder and PH is physical and loves to pound the rock. Teams like this can be a real problem late in the season/playoffs as the weather cools. 

Rye Cove looks darn good out there also, by I still think the champion of 1D comes from the game this Saturday between PH and Honaker. If you're Honaker, I think...just my opinions, you want the best weather possible. If your PH, you want the worst weather possible.

Honaker better come focused because PH has the ability to pull a W here.

I would love to see an eventual meeting between Honaker & Fort Chiswell in state semis and Fort Chiswell to pull the win for obvious reasons. Nothing against Tiller but it’d be a little poetic karma if Fort Chiswell could knock them out after him leaving like that. I know the odds are virtually zero of that this match up occurs. I’m not even sure Honaker makes it to the semi’s.Fort Chiswell would take a miracle. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I would love to see an eventual meeting between Honaker & Fort Chiswell in state semis and Fort Chiswell to pull the win for obvious reasons. Nothing against Tiller but it’d be a little poetic karma if Fort Chiswell could knock them out after him leaving like that. I know the odds are virtually zero of that this match up occurs. I’m not even sure Honaker makes it to the semi’s.Fort Chiswell would take a miracle. 

Got to watch em over in Max Meadows Gridiron60.  They are as fickle as a one half poopie flavored lolly pop with the other half flavored deliciously sour apple.  I just don't pick against them or for them.  I think Fort Chiswell has much more talent and good football players over there than most on this board may realize.  So help me, it wouldn't surprise me if they beat GW and then went on to beat Galax/Grayson winner.  It just simply would offer zero shock value or surprise to me.  With that written, if Fort Chiswell lost tonight by 3 touchdowns to GW, again, just zero shock value or surprise.  Out of all my years on this board and watching not just High School Football, but all HS Sports in Southwest Virginia, Fort Chiswell has fooled me FAR more times (wins and losses) than any team in the coverage area by a lot.  No other team is really close.   With all that written, the amount of good ballers and talent on the FC team is nowhere near as wide of a gap compared to GW, Galax, or Grayson than most realize.  

Just my opinions

I believe Honaker is destined for Salem. They can be beat, BUT I believe they can win in a variety of ways. The Air Raid is getting most of the attention; however, when the chips are down, I’m taking Aiden Lowe and his ability to control the game on the ground against anyone in 1C or 1D. The Tigers just haven’t needed to rely on the ground game except for the second half against PH.

Lowe has kind of gotten overshadowed by Peyton Musick and the Air Raid. Not taking anything away from Musick, because he can absolutely sling it. Lowe broke the school record of career all purpose yards (5287) back in October. That coming with a 6 game Freshman spring season. He scored 8 TDs I think last year (in one game)on the PH team that made it to the Regional finals. Kid is a beast on defense too. 

What Aidan Lowe did shows true display of good sportsmanship. Even though Patrick Henry lost, he took him time and went to console the Patrick Henry player, who was devastated by losing the game and telling him he did good, his team did good this year, don't let this lost get the best of you, plus prayed for him as well