Regional Semis Score Updates

SWVAgridiron

Just now, Liam McPoyle said:

Honaker goes 60+ yards on two passes for a TD in 21 seconds, 2 pt conversion is good

PH 22 Honaker 16 Half

I hope Tigers come out in the 2nd half settled down.  PH is a good team...Goodspeed isn't their only weapon.  I think the Tigers in the 1st half had all their "eggs in one basket" labeled Goodspeed. Even though he is their catalyst and playmaker, it's evident PH isn't as one dimensional as I thought.  That speaks to good coaching on PH part, paint a different picture then what's been hanging on the wall.  

Tigers have got to show their dominance in this opening drive in 2nd half.  They have to establish their defense and not let PH score in this 1st possession of the 2nd half.  Put a spy on the QB to shut down his runs.  

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Union controlling the clock.   6-0 early 2nd quarter.

That's helping Union........and it's also hurting Union. When you feel you are the better team, sometimes shortening the game isn't a good thing in my opinion.

If Union is the team that represents Region D, I would run Chandler 30 times against Radford. 

My guess is that Tazewells staff and some fans that haven't seen Union that are at this game are probably a bit surprised at how well covered Tazewells receivers are. There is simply nobody open and that's one of those key differences for Union this year. Speed and great athleticism in the secondary.

Tazewell just completed their fast pass for over 10 yds. 

16 hours ago, Bearcat Bob said:

Riverheads might beat Central in the rematch but… Central is the better overall team IMHO. Lopez and Forbes are special players. Central just seems to have “it” this year. However, it is very difficult to beat a quality team twice, especially one that’s won 7 titles in a row. 

16 hours ago, Bearcat Bob said:

Riverheads might beat Central in the rematch but… Central is the better overall team IMHO. Lopez and Forbes are special players. Central just seems to have “it” this year. However, it is very difficult to beat a quality team twice, especially one that’s won 7 titles in a row. 

I hope Riverheads gets beat. I hope Central gets up on them early by 3 scores and then they look like lost little puppies that have no clue wat to do. This might be an unpopular preference but i really dont like teams that dont take advantage of the complete game of football. Playing scared to throw the ball 15-20 times a game. Heck even 10 times. I also dont like teams that would be on the other end of the spectrum but u dont ever see that. 

6 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

I hope Riverheads gets beat into oblivion. This might be a very unpopular opinion, but they dont play football. Passing is an important part of football 

I hope Riverheads gets beat. I hope Central gets up on them early by 3 scores and then they look like lost little puppies that have no clue wat to do. This might be an unpopular preference but i really dont like teams that dont take advantage of the complete game of football. Playing scared to throw the ball 15-20 times a game. Heck even 10 times. I also dont like teams that would be on the other end of the spectrum but u dont ever see that. 

If you can't stop the run why pass? It's not important at all if you can line up and shove it down teams throat

Signed....riverheads and Giles fans

Your post is comical

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

If you can't stop the run why pass? It's not important at all if you can line up and shove it down teams throat

Signed....riverheads and Giles fans

Your post is comical

Agreed.  Getting the ball in the end zone is football.   Never gave a single ounce of f how it's done.