Graham vs Radford

Gridiron60

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

It's a very easy walk from the parking lot to the ticket booth, especially from the handicap parking. There is a slight downhill grade from the parking lot to the ticket booth but nothing difficult. The visitor stands are beyond the ticket booth to the right and nearest to the parking lot. The whole way is nice fresh asphalt and concrete. One of the easier stadiums to get into and out of I've ever been to.

I read a comment on social.media that Christianburg HS had some construction project going on & parking might be an issue. Any truth to that or is it like most things on social media a bunch of BS? 

25 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I read a comment on social.media that Christianburg HS had some construction project going on & parking might be an issue. Any truth to that or is it like most things on social media a bunch of BS? 

There was a small project going on when we were there in September. It didn’t have any impact on parking though. That may have changed now but it wasn’t in mid September. 

14 minutes ago, sixcat said:

There was a small project going on when we were there in September. It didn’t have any impact on parking though. That may have changed now but it wasn’t in mid September. 

Thanks! I wouldn't think they'd choose a location if parking was going to be an issue.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

We had to go there in October for a little league game. They had some concrete barriers up in certain spots but it really didn’t cause any parking issues. Things could have changed though since then. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Thanks! I wouldn't think they'd choose a location if parking was going to be an issue.

The parking lot is big, shouldn't be a problem at all.

here's a link to a pictures of the stadium and parking lot.  Just scroll down on mobile device, you may have to click on something on a laptop, not sure.  Only part of thr parking is shown, there is plenty more just a tad further back.

https://www.landtekgroup.com/portfolio-item/christiansburg-high-school/

Saw this post on the Radford Facebook page regarding parking:

There is a portion of the main lot that is blocked off. However, there are some makeshift lots further down and also around the side and back of the school, so there should be sufficient parking, but some may have a longer walk.

Me again: I actually live near Christiansburg and go through there all the time. Unfortunately I'm out of town for work starting tomorrow or I'd ride through there and get a first-hand report.

38 minutes ago, Dawg pride said:

Graham is going all the way unless something crazy happens. State finals was played at Union Graham game last week in my opinion 

Comments I’ve seen on social media-there’s dozens more but these two stuck me. You can’t be caught looking ahead to Salem. I’m sure the coaches & players aren’t looking ahead but apparently some fans are 😂😂

No one will beat the us (Riverheads fan) . 

Radford fan, Riverheads don’t have a chance against us. 

Graham fan (Me) I hope Graham goes in Saturday & plays their best game of the season. I think if we will do that we have a good chance to win against Radford. I in no way am saying we beat anyone. I never count my chickens (wins) before they hatch. 😂 I hope you’re right though! 🤞

Anyone know the weather forecast? That could be the x-factor. If it’s cold as shit with rain flyin around, Graham will win and make it seem easy. Trying to catch that football when it’s hard as concrete in 20* weather while it’s slick? Hard pass. 

Just now, sixcat said:

Saturday is supposed to be near 60* in the New River Valley. Looking forward to spending the day on the golf course.

Boooooo that’s way too nice weather for December in SWVA. The Park was fantastic on Saturday, the absolute best weather for football I’ve ever seen but it was a tick warm. 60* is just too damn warm, y’all NRV boys pulling out all the stops to advance. Well played lol. 

17 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Boooooo that’s way too nice weather for December in SWVA. The Park was fantastic on Saturday, the absolute best weather for football I’ve ever seen but it was a tick warm. 60* is just too damn warm, y’all NRV boys pulling out all the stops to advance. Well played lol. 

I'm an old New River District guy. Fond memories, fun times.

If I'm being honest, I'm pulling for Graham. Want to see them go head-to-head with that bunch from Greenville.

28 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I'm an old New River District guy. Fond memories, fun times.

If I'm being honest, I'm pulling for Graham. Want to see them go head-to-head with that bunch from Greenville.

I’m almost always a Region D guy, I’ve rooted for Graham to win the last couple years and always like to see titles come back to 2D, but I dunno I don’t want them to become this unbeatable juggernaut. I want the West to win regardless, I’ll put it that way. Whoever wins the West gets my full support in Salem. Either team v Riverheads would be so much fun, total style contrast v Radford or Clemens v CCC showdown. 

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I’m almost always a Region D guy, I’ve rooted for Graham to win the last couple years and always like to see titles come back to 2D, but I dunno I don’t want them to become this unbeatable juggernaut. I want the West to win regardless, I’ll put it that way. Whoever wins the West gets my full support in Salem. Either team v Riverheads would be so much fun, total style contrast v Radford or Clemens v CCC showdown. 

Personally, I would like to see Poqouson knock off Riverheads.   Would like a little bit of  redemption against them for that win they got over Richlands on 2010. (I know, been a long time, but at my age, 13 years seems like yesterday).

5 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Personally, I would like to see Poqouson knock off Riverheads.   Would like a little bit of  redemption against them for that win they got over Richlands on 2010. (I know, been a long time, but at my age, 13 years seems like yesterday).

I don’t really care that much about who wins the East, I just thought Riverheads would lead to the more interesting style matchups. I think Poquoson would likely be a tad easier than Riverheads but could be wrong. 

Being a Richlands fan, I'm trying my best to say Go Gmen. I'm practicing but everytimw I say it somehow leaves a raunchy taste in my mouth.  Something I'll never get use to, but GO GMEN.  I want to see a game between Graham and Riverheads in the championship.  True, different styles, both tough as nails with good coaching staffs, but should be a great game.  Oh, BTW, I'll keep that vile taste in my mouth for that game and repeat GO GMEN, GO GMEN, GO GMEN!!! Yuk, Yuk Yuk, spit, spit. LOL

16 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I don’t really care that much about who wins the East, I just thought Riverheads would lead to the more interesting style matchups. I think Poquoson would likely be a tad easier than Riverheads but could be wrong. 

Poquoson can be surprising. 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, BigWinners said:

Anyone know the weather forecast? 

On 11/29/2023 at 12:42 PM, sixcat said:

Saturday is supposed to be near 60* in the New River Valley. Looking forward to spending the day on the golf course.

Weather forecast is now calling 55* temperatures with a 70% chance of rain from early Saturday morning through late Sunday afternoon.  

2 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Weather forecast is now calling 55* temperatures with a 70% chance of rain from early Saturday morning through late Sunday afternoon.  

Graham did not do do well as far as the passing game in the rain against Gate City. It was coming down pretty hard at times though. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham did not do do well as far as the passing game in the rain against Gate City. It was coming down pretty hard at times though. 

Based on the National Weather Service report, total accumulation for the entire rain event is between a tenth and a quarter inch. Shouldn't be raining very hard if that's accurate. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Same with Radford against Appo. Had it stayed raining hard like it did early in the 3rd Appo may have pulled it off. As soon as the rain slacked up Radford started pulling away