Graham vs Radford

Gridiron60

5 hours ago, BoBob said:

I don’t see Radford being able to run the ball outside QB runs. 

The Anderson kid gave Graham some fits today. I think the Clark kid will too. I'm not sure though he's as physically and as mentally tough as Anderson. That kid doesn't mind getting hit, hard to bring down, & just keeps churning. He jumps back up like nobody touched him. Clark could be but the two games I've watched I don't see it. He's quick as lightning though , Graham will have to put the pressure on him when he's throwing and if he's running wrap him up and don't let go , seal the edges, lol! It will take a stellar defensive showing from Graham. If they limit Clark, their chances improve immensely to make it back to Salem. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

🚨🚨🚨The VHSL has announced Radford will host Graham in the state semifinals at 2 pm Saturday, December 2nd @ Christiansburg High School

More information will be released later in the week

How accurate is this? 

Radford hasn’t trailed by more that 7 points all season and have only trailed once in the second half and that was against Glenvar on Friday. If Graham can go up 14 points then Radford may hit the panic button and self implode much like what happened the last time these two faced in the semis. If Graham doesn’t get pressure on Clark then this could end up being a back and forth shoot out bc I don’t think Radford will keep Clements boxed up. 

Not sure anyone has stopped Clements or Clark so shutting them down is likely not happening no matter who they are playing. It’s been said numerous times but I will ask it a different way, which defense would you bet your life on? Both offenses are prolific and can score from anywhere, but who do you trust most against that for 60-70 plays? There isn’t as much margin as some let on IMO but I do think Graham has the experience of playing in these higher pressure games and there isn’t a better coaching staff if you have a big game to win. G-men pull away in the second half 42-21. 

IMO for Graham the X factor will the defensive ends. Contain Clark and we stand a chance if not it’s GG. 

Radford will have to load the box to stop Clements if they can’t wrap up he’s gonna make them pay. 

I was all in on the Radford bus as recently as this week. I thought Clark would shake off the bad game and come out firing and either 2D team was gonna be in a shootout. 

im not so sure anymore. I didn’t fully appreciate how healthy Clemens is, how much Graham has gotten stronger at the point of attack over this season and how this is a Graham team that is mentally tough. The environment they’ll walk into next week won’t be anything like what they saw yesterday. 

Im not jumping off the Bobcat bus just yet but I’m asking the driver to start slowing down. Graham won a close, physical game on the road and showed elite focus. They can do it again. I think it might be Clark’s year to shine but if Radford can’t tackle within four yards of the LOS, they’re Leavin the field with a l o s s. 

42 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I was all in on the Radford bus as recently as this week. I thought Clark would shake off the bad game and come out firing and either 2D team was gonna be in a shootout. 

im not so sure anymore. I didn’t fully appreciate how healthy Clemens is, how much Graham has gotten stronger at the point of attack over this season and how this is a Graham team that is mentally tough. The environment they’ll walk into next week won’t be anything like what they saw yesterday. 

Im not jumping off the Bobcat bus just yet but I’m asking the driver to start slowing down. Graham won a close, physical game on the road and showed elite focus. They can do it again. I think it might be Clark’s year to shine but if Radford can’t tackle within four yards of the LOS, they’re Leavin the field with a l o s s. 

Radford will bring a pretty good crowd but you’re right, the atmosphere will be nothing like it was at BSG. I was happy to see how well Graham traveled. Hopefully they bring even more to Cburg. 

3 hours ago, RedPrideNation said:

Not sure anyone has stopped Clements or Clark so shutting them down is likely not happening no matter who they are playing. It’s been said numerous times but I will ask it a different way, which defense would you bet your life on? Both offenses are prolific and can score from anywhere, but who do you trust most against that for 60-70 plays? There isn’t as much margin as some let on IMO but I do think Graham has the experience of playing in these higher pressure games and there isn’t a better coaching staff if you have a big game to win. G-men pull away in the second half 42-21. 

There is no way that Graham beats Radford by 21, in my opinion.  Radford has speed that Graham doesn't see every week.  This will be a great game and decided in the 4th.  

Fair enough but the Radford defense doesn’t really stand out to me. Clark can score in bunches but I just don’t see that much speed other than him. My opinion is that it will be close until they break  the Bobcats O-line, then the 3 interceptions that was thrown last week become 2 pick 6’s and the party is on. I could be dead wrong and Radford could come out and put a decent whooping on the G-men. My gut tells me that’s not the case though. As the immortal Rick Flair said “to be the man, you have to beat the man”. Graham is the man until otherwise notified……. 

To be clear all 4 teams left have played their tails off and are more than deserving of being in this position. Being critical of a team doesn’t take away from their accomplishments. Like boxing, matchups make fights. I feel like Graham and Radford are miles faster than Riverheads and Poquoson. But with all due respect to both teams out west I feel both east teams are more disciplined and are less prone to penalties. What does that mean, hell I don’t know but it’s fun to guess…..

25 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

There is no way that Graham beats Radford by 21, in my opinion.  Radford has speed that Graham doesn't see every week.  This will be a great game and decided in the 4th.  

Should be a good game. I remember in 2018 the GMen were supposed to have a really close contest at Radford only to explode on offense and defense. I would be surprised if Graham won by 21 and same thing for Radford, but I was surprised in 2018. It's easy looking back in hindsight at 2018, but going into that game, that was supposed to be a coin flip kind of game.