Last ten years

OldLeb51

58 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I know I first came to this board in fall of 03 or 02 cant remember for certain, been a while.

When was the board first created?

You officially joined August 22nd, 2008. 

GMan joined on November 12, 2003, so that's roughly when the board was started. I joined September 18, 2005. Wild to think I was a sophomore in high school back then. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

GMan joined on November 12, 2003, so that's roughly when the board was started. I joined September 18, 2005. Wild to think I was a sophomore in high school back then. 

Officially joined to be a voice on here 😁 Have been on here since a supervisor told me about it back when I started that job so it must have been fall of 03 when I first learned about it and visited.  Was more of a schedule/score site at the time.  Seems like it turned more towards a message board and that's when I officially signed up on it 🙂 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That’s when this iteration of the board appeared. SWVASports started in 2001 with a different message board.  This was a big step up from the original one. 

4 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Officially joined to be a voice on here 😁 Have been on here since a supervisor told me about it back when I started that job so it must have been fall of 03 when I first learned about it and visited.  Was more of a schedule/score site at the time.  Seems like it turned more towards a message board and that's when I officially signed up on it 🙂 

Yes, that’s true.  I had a lot of free time when I started the original site, it then evolved into this board.  The idea for this board came from Lance Ratliff, he had the connections and suggested it to me.  He runs it now since I stepped down a while back. 

I discovered the site around 2003. I lurked but never joined until years later. 
There was some member way back that had a clip that’d play every time you clicked on his post. I remember it saying “It’s good to be king” with a short snippet of Ahmad Bradshaw,IINM

Follows
Following
Mentioned
0 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)
Quoted
0 Post(s)

Well...here it is--THE END

After discussions with R0ck, steer, and Stripes (as well as HostBoard's ownership), we're going to shut down the LPD Forum on HostBoard effective 6/30/12, when it will go into read-only status. On 9/30/12, we will shut it down for good--the board will no longer exist on HostBoard, and no archives will be kept.

Now--I want to say that I welcome some of the remaining membership that wants a message board of some type (Region D coverage, maybe?) to feel free to create another one if they wish. In my opinion, guys like Unchained, Double D, Lung, centennialdawg, Beast, starbuck, etc...would be awesome guys to put their heads together and start up another board if they want. I'm not volunteering them, but that's just my opinion. They've all been here for a LONG time on this board in every permutation, and can keep the spirit of folks who enjoyed this board like Jim, OleTob, and retiredteach alive and kicking in another format elsewhere. I do believe that folks like myself and R0ck (for sure), and maybe steer/Stripes too, probably wouldn't be up for moderating on a new board if one came about. I'll let you all applaud now. smile.png Truth is, we're just tired, and with all the changes--it's time to step away for a bit.

Even though it was a headache at times, I've enjoyed being a moderator/admin on this board, and I appreciate R0ck for giving me the opportunity to help out back in I believe it was 2004'ish. I may have rubbed folks the wrong way and made some moderation calls that weren't always popular, but I want to promise you all this, man to man/woman, I always tried to do my best to keep this board running smoothly. I won't speak for the rest of the mods, but I whole-heartedly believe their motivations were the same. I've made some friends/acquaintances on this board that will be life-long, and will never regret that one single bit.

I've never hidden behind my screen name, and most folks know me more by my real name than my ID on here. So...instead of looking up CoeburnCane, if you need something in the future, feel free to hit up Brad Ketron on Facebook. No matter what our posting past may be on here, if there's something I can help you with out in the real world--don't hesitate to contact me.

Please post all final platitudes/comments/screw-you's below...lol...everyone take care. At the risk of sounding corny: Long live the LPD.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Any of you all remember the LPD report? I remember going to it in the 90.  It had all the LPD teams and would give schedules rosters, etc. I think it went away around 2001ish.

Was that different than the lpd forum

1 hour ago, RichRich said:

Was that different than the lpd forum

I think so but don't quote me on that. Ehen you sent to the website, it listed first all the LPD teams and their stste titles then you click on team names and it gave rosters and team photos. I think it was kind of a precursor to the LPD forum.

22 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think so but don't quote me on that. Ehen you sent to the website, it listed first all the LPD teams and their stste titles then you click on team names and it gave rosters and team photos. I think it was kind of a precursor to the LPD forum.

Oh dang i dont think I had seen it before..  Is this is?

https://pvvikings1.tripod.com/lpdreport.htm

1 hour ago, RichRich said:

Oh dang i dont think I had seen it before..  Is this is?

https://pvvikings1.tripod.com/lpdreport.htm

YES!!! Holy smokes brother, incredible that you found that. I hadn't seen this in over 20 years! I think the guy that ran it died of a brain tumor or something like that and all of a sudden, the Website Stopped being updated around 2000ish. It would be updated every week and cover all the games and scores. What a blast from the past.

That website Richrod had Marty's picks.  He would give picks for all the games and then they would have links to local media coverage of each game including the websites own coverage.  Each team had links to schedules, pictures, regular updates on injuries.  I remember always reading about Julius Jones on there and clicking the P. Valley link.  While in Texas in pharm school in a portion of the 90's, LPD Forum was my go to for scores in Virginia.  They always had em state wide and this was before newspapers like the Bluefield Daily and Bristol Herald came online.  

For all former LPD teams/fans, check out that website above for a cool look

On 10/25/2023 at 11:59 AM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

That website Richrod had Marty's picks.  He would give picks for all the games and then they would have links to local media coverage of each game including the websites own coverage.  Each team had links to schedules, pictures, regular updates on injuries.  I remember always reading about Julius Jones on there and clicking the P. Valley link.  While in Texas in pharm school in a portion of the 90's, LPD Forum was my go to for scores in Virginia.  They always had em state wide and this was before newspapers like the Bluefield Daily and Bristol Herald came online.  

For all former LPD teams/fans, check out that website above for a cool look

Yeh that was a neat looking site.  I clicked almost the links.   Vhsl helpers site was updated until last yr