Do the ygot a chance for top 16?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do the ygot a chance for top 16?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

if clayborne didnt have the stats then how did he get it... i thought that whoever had the best stats deserves it but evidently not just because richlands won state is the only reason everybody thinks hes so good

[/ QUOTE ]

clayburnes playing time was far less than lb's from tazewell or graham........richlands averaged 5 yard per carry rushing against graham (average of the 2 games) and over 6 ypc against tazewell....at the same time richlands held graham to under 3 ypc and tazewell to under 2 ypc.....its pretty clear who's linebackers were doing a better job

[ QUOTE ]

If Clayburne didn't block that FG, then Richlands might not be state champs right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

or if jennings would have scored another td then the fg wouldnt have mattered.....lol....but the blocked fg was a good one

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

all that matters is that they are state champions and no one can stop them in the regular season as of now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah true!!! But that was last year!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say they are State Champs until a new State Champ is crowned.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

all that matters is that they are state champions and no one can stop them in the regular season as of now....

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, they will be state champs forever. Next year a new team(perhaps) will be able to make that claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say they are State Champs until a new State Champ is crowned.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

so since Tazewell won it in 1986, does that allow us Tazewell people to claim that we are state champs forever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Atleast the guys that went to war and won it can say that! The town can also claim that right to.....thats why they have the sign on the press box.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

so since Tazewell won it in 1986, does that allow us Tazewell people to claim that we are state champs forever?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said until a new champ was crowned, which would be the 1987 season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.

[ QUOTE ]

you got us at the QB and WR spots, RB is even Jennings and Brown both are good. OL-Damon DL-Sexton LB-Broyles(me) DB- Carper

and i know you gonna say awe Clayburne won D player of the year, he didnt deserve that Riddle or Carper deserved it, i smashed his stats this year and last year, Junior year-110 tac 12 sacks 2ff 2fr Senior- 97 tac 1 sack 2ff he bearly got near 70 tac

[/ QUOTE ]

as i've said, richlands beat graham by an average of 3 td's this year, and beat tazewell by 61....

you claim damon as lineman, sexton as a defensivle lineman, you as a linebacker, and carper were better than your counterparts on richlands......i guess what you are saying is that you guys, despite how good the five (brown, carper, sexton, damon, YOU) of you are, couldn't overcome playing with the rest of your apparently crappy teammates (your teammates must love you guys)....

i don't believe you were better than richlands at any of those positions....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's gonna be true again this year.....i think any objective observer (and i admit i'm not objective) would say richlands will dominate the swd again this year...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said until a new champ was crowned, which would be the 1987 season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't realized that but you are right! God! I'm getting OLD!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's gonna be true again this year.....i think any objective observer (and i admit i'm not objective) would say richlands will dominate the swd again this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats hard to say.....RHS won't be close to the team they were in 06.....they may win the district but don't hold your breath on a region or state title this fall....if i am correct there are some really tough teams moving into region IV div 3 this fall

i believe you're wrong.....richlands returns more kids this coming season than they have either of the last 2 seasons.....on defense they return 9 players who started at least one game......on offense they return fuller, wicks, davis, addison, and fahardo, and their offensive line will be just as big or bigger than this past year with guys who got alot of experience playing last fall.......

experience doesn't take the place of talent and i wouldnt say that starting one game makes an experienced player......name someone besides fuller, who was a game breaker for rhs last year...............................................

exactly, there arent any....unless someone steps up