Best Players on each team

rvtne216

Do the ygot a chance for top 16?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do the ygot a chance for top 16?

Yeah, their having way to much fun on this thread. Me thinkist it could live forever. There still playing last year's games and their done and in the record books. Opinions want change that or how good the players were no matter what is said, especially when the (source) is considered.

What I'm curious about is where are the Beaver fan's. Who will be their best player next year? How many do they bring back? How good will they be? Where you at BLU.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the running back from Powell Valley is the real deal. Great size and speed. I only saw him play one time last year, the competition probably wasn't the greatest, but he was by far the best kid on the field. Should be interesting to see how the Blues handle him.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands and Bluefeild will be a great game.....maybe the team that has the best change to end our 29 game regualr season win streak, i hope not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the NEXT team you play has the best chance at ending your streak...

Richlands will have to enjoy the title while they can. Come August, everyone they play will be gunning to be the first to break the streak, or to say they beat the defending state champions.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown."

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands will have to enjoy the title while they can. Come August, everyone they play will be gunning to be the first to break the streak, or to say they beat the defending state champions.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown."

[/ QUOTE ]

hasnt it been that away for a long time now?????

[ QUOTE ]

When the talent leaves they will strugle. Richlands is just going through a period when everybody wants to work at football and win.

Give it a few years, the talent pool ALWAYS runs out in small towns. I mean ALWAYS, no exceptions. RHS will be good for the next couple of years, and then they will suck for a few years. It is the never ending cycle of high school athletics.

[/ QUOTE ]

this coming year will be the last year of richlands even competing for the title, they'll still have tuff competition to make it there.. after fuller and addison leaves richlands wont even win district..

the j.v. team was undefeated this year and we had several sophomores who contributed heavily on varsity.....as a matter of fact, it was basically all sophomores along the line when richlands played bluefield evenly at the gridorama.....richlands will be very good for at least one more season after this coming one

lets do a little flash back....2004 how are they going to win without timmy? 11-2 region 4 champs, 2005 how are they going to win after losing 16 seniors? 13-1 state runner-up, 2006 no way they can win after losing 16 more seniors... what was the result of this past year again? this streak has been growing for about 7 years now and it doesent look to be slowing down anytime soon.

the blues should be strong the next four years. after that we'll wait & see. the midget league program has laid a strong foundation these past few years for the blues. tazewells midget league program is starting to turn the corner also.

[ QUOTE ]

the j.v. team was undefeated this year and we had several sophomores who contributed heavily on varsity.....as a matter of fact, it was basically all sophomores along the line when richlands played bluefield evenly at the gridorama.....richlands will be very good for at least one more season after this coming one

[/ QUOTE ]

i woulda liked to see your jv team play carrolls last year they only lost 1 game and that was to george wythe and GW hasnt lost for the last 5 years or something and the score was 7-6. the defense gave up 4 td's the whole year. i think the schools should fix that and let carroll play richlands and tazewell

the richlands jv program is the same one that produced the players that won state last year and were state finalist the year before........george wythe can't say that about their program.......and i believe that last year's richlands jv produced the best record of any of their jv teams for the last 5 years

when ur on top everyone is trying to knock u off and throw off on u..just like everyone around here saying richlands will do this and they will do that and will get beat...there hasnt been anyone do it yet in 3 years during the regular season....they work hard and to say that the talent pool will run out eventually is crazy...this is swva and especially in richlands we live and breath football...just like Mance said, "U get a ball out in Richlands and people will show"....

[ QUOTE ]

as i've said, richlands beat graham by an average of 3 td's this year, and beat tazewell by 61....

you claim damon as lineman, sexton as a defensivle lineman, you as a linebacker, and carper were better than your counterparts on richlands......i guess what you are saying is that you guys, despite how good the five (brown, carper, sexton, damon, YOU) of you are, couldn't overcome playing with the rest of your apparently crappy teammates (your teammates must love you guys)....

i don't believe you were better than richlands at any of those positions....

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious your lineman cant hit or pull nowhere like George did. who do you think is a better lineman there mr i think richlands is the best to ever play in the SWD. Carper 2 time all state and 1 honorable mention all state Dj couldnt hold carpers jock strap. Craig was hurt with a broken hand and missed a couple of games and didnt start at first and still had almost 82 tackles and what 8 or 9 sacks and many of forced fumbles. and the whole clayburne thing is that LBs should be in on almost every play because the lineman do their job and the LBs get to roam free for the tackles. he isnt a hard nose hard hitting LB. i have blocked him plenty of times and my 11 yr old sister would be harder to block and in the playoff game when i got to carry the ball he shifted your whole Dline and sit in the hole i was coming through and when he went to tackle me he ended up on his back he cant lay hard hits on big runners and will get ran over everytime the only way he could tackle them is TO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY LET THEM PASS AND THEN JUMP FOR THEIR ANKLES

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm still interested in hearing which graham players you think outplayed the richlands players (playing the same position) in the richlands-graham games this past fall......

[ QUOTE ]

the richlands jv program is the same one that produced the players that won state last year and were state finalist the year before........george wythe can't say that about their program.......and i believe that last year's richlands jv produced the best record of any of their jv teams for the last 5 years

[/ QUOTE ]

it wouldve been a good game richlands vs carroll JV i bet. and how come they dont play each other were in the same district thats stupid that we don't

As far as James Monroe, hate to single anyone out, but I'd say Taylor Robertson and Ernie Tincher. Taylor's gota chance to be a really good QB if the coaching staff would let it happen.

Ernie's the fastest on the team, and was last year too, even with Jason Jackson on the team. I really think that Tincher is a headache for defensive players with his abilities as a receiver, and big play threat running, receiving, and on kickoff returns. He was the only player to score in all 3 playoff games, and if the Mav's are to have any success, and hopefully finally get to the big game, the coaching staff must do a better job of utilizing the talent they have.

Taylor has to hit the weights more, there were some plays where his relatively small size real kept him pinned down, but he should have a great season running and throwing the ball.

Other plaers to look out for on offense are Braxton Thompson and Tanner Beasley, Defensively, Zach Mann, Daniel Pritt, Lee Triplett, Mick Keisel and Josh White. And I'm sure they'll be some welcome surprises along the way.