Lee @ Giles

fb-fan24263

Game is in Pearisburg Saturday at 2:00 just confirmed to me

This is ridiculous that this game isn't played Friday night....HS football is made to be played Friday night and they are under the 3.5 hour travel limit so no reason this game isn't Friday night....

What airplane are you taking that gets you from Jonesville to Pearisburg in 3.5 hours?

Maybe its just over 3 if you drive 60 through the 58 and get don't get behind a slower vehicle or a slow moving truck coming up over Powell Mountain before Duffield, and then make good time from there on out....in a car........

UVAO I assume thats using 460?

From Ben Hur take 421 over the mountain to Duffield then down 23 into TN and across to 81. In a car that could be done in 3.5 hours, but I doubt it could be done in just over 3. No way a bus makes that kind of time though(not even a tour bus). Its probably close to a 4 hour bus ride.

I made it from Wise to Newbern in just over 2 hours a few weeks ago(of course I sped the whole way)

UVAO I assume thats using 460?

From Ben Hur take 421 over the mountain to Duffield then down 23 into TN and across to 81. In a car that could be done in 3.5 hours, but I doubt it could be done in just over 3. No way a bus makes that kind of time though(not even a tour bus). Its probably close to a 4 hour bus ride.

I made it from Wise to Newbern in just over 2 hours a few weeks ago(of course I sped the whole way)

I hadn't thought about 421-23-81.

But even then, you have to take 100 from Pulaski to Pearisburg, which is nothing short of a death trap with the amount of truck traffic on that road.

If they are going to use the "3.5 hour rule"(which by the way is a region rule not a VHSL rule I found out from our AD last night) then go by google maps and if it says 3 hrs 12 minutes it's UNDER the limit....if they want to make it 2.5 hours and give a team an hour for being on a bus compared to a car then fine but have a guide line to go by before the season starts.

Sorry for all the ranting but i really really hate saturday HS football except state semis and finals when you know before the season they are on saturday.....i won't bring this issue up again.....I am already ready for next saturday afternoon...........ughh did I really say that LOL

I never said Lee was "no joke" I don't think....i expect a war Saturday in pearisburg for sure....safe travels to Lee to and from Pearisburg next Saturday

Slow down there friend. I didn't say that towards you. I was speaking in general. (no pun intended)

I just cant pull against Giles. I pull for them except in one game....The Blues! I do hope Lee makes them fight until the final second though. I am so glad Lee went to Appomattox and took care of business. I listened to the whole game and was proud of the way they played. Giles probably has to many weapons for them to stop but maybe Lee can play physical enough to run with power and keep Giles offense off the field. Giles defense probably doesn't get enough credit either. They are very good and Lee will have to be very physical and not turn the ball over to have a chance.

In the end I think Giles wins by at least two scores but I would not be surprised if Lee won in a close one. Good luck to both teams !

Giles - 42

Lee - 22

Yeah our defense has been really playing well the last few games no doubt about it....I don't count the Martinsville game because they were absolutely pathetic and quit about 3 drives into the game....but even our subs held them to 30 total yards....and we held Glenvar to 42 total yards....we have alot of speed on D and we got kids that know how to tackle in space..

All that said i fully expect a war on Saturday in Pearisburg.....Lee no doubt has it clicking right now and will be a huge test for my Spartans

Well, I missed the Appomattox game. I respect Lee. I think they are great but I don't know if they will beat Giles. Of course they CAN, as any team can win or lose on any given night. 

Then again, if Union beats Glenvar and Lee beats Giles, Union and Lee part 2 would be nice. A rematch would set the record straight, whoever wins. 

Lee better focus on Giles. They will need to stay focused and will need to come ready, which I believe they will. If they are overlooking Giles because of the chance of a rematch with Union, they could be in trouble.

I think Lee has a great chance at winning this one if they play like they did today! After Glenvar struggled to put away wise central. ...that Giles win over Glenvar no longer looks quite as impressive as i once thought it did. Still from what I've seen and heard Giles is a great team. But.....I'm gonna go for the upset pick:

Lee - 27

Giles - 21

But you also have to consider, that Glenvar beat Grayson County 51-0, and Giles smoked Glenvar 33-0,(Frankly, the score was closer than I expected). After watching Radford play both teams, Glenvar is not even close to Giles, in my opinion if they played ten times, this would be one of the best results they could hope for.

I think this team is better than last years State Championship team. They are good on defense, but the offense is off the charts. Juggernaut. The only thing I cant get my head around is the Galax score. I saw Radford play Giles and get steamrolled and Radford did very well against Galax in a scrimmage. 

Giles by 4 TDs

Lee struggled to score against Appomattox, they wont be able to score against Giles. They will play hard but will come up well short. Good season for Lee, if they would have pulled the 10 seed I could see them making the 3rd round(maybe deeper) but I dont think they can match Giles

But you also have to consider, that Glenvar beat Grayson County 51-0, and Giles smoked Glenvar 33-0,(Frankly, the score was closer than I expected). After watching Radford play both teams, Glenvar is not even close to Giles, in my opinion if they played ten times, this would be one of the best results they could hope for.

I think this team is better than last years State Championship team. They are good on defense, but the offense is off the charts. Juggernaut. The only thing I cant get my head around is the Galax score. I saw Radford play Giles and get steamrolled and Radford did very well against Galax in a scrimmage.

Galax gives Giles fits in the same way Graham gives Fort Chiswell fits. One would never think Graham should have beaten Fort each of the past two years but they did. For all intents and purposes, Galax should have beaten Giles each of the last two years.

Galax plays excellent run defense but cant defend the pass at all. For what its worth, Galax can't throw the football either.

I think we all sometimes are guilty of wanting to compare teams based off who they have played and how bad one team has beat another as to how the upcoming teams are going to match up. But that never works. GC steamrolled Wise Central......yet Glenvar struggled to even score on Wise and was a pretty evenly matched game. So one would want to say that Glenvar and Wise Central are almost equal teams. And with that said Giles rolled Glenvar in the same fashion that GC beat Wise Central....so one might want to think that GC and Giles are equal due to all that comparison BS i just drummed up. For the most part.....as we all know......THIS NEVER WORKS!! All I have to base my opinion on in this game is I've seen how physical Lee can be and has the potential to be. I could be bad wrong and won't be suprised if I am.....but I think Lee either wins with the upset or loses a very close ball game!

I agree, comparisons of a single common opponent, that two teams played, once removed. Is not very substantial. But in this case, what else do you have to go on. I haven't seen Lee play, so I really don't know how good they are. But Giles is the real deal. If Lee wins,(or even keeps it close) they will have made a massive statement. I may be wrong but.......I think Giles wins fairly big.