Richlands @Union

Duke2015

I was feeling pretty good about Unions chances until I saw the gate city massacre, I think turnovers will decide this one. If gates open at 5:30 it may not be early enough probably will be at least five to six thousand people there.

I have not seen Union play so its hard if not impossible for me to predict a score. I have a feeling Richlands should have the better line play. Our front seven on defense is very good. They are strong with good size( not to big) and very physical with great feet and fundamentals. Our O line is very good and getting better.

The skill players for Richlands have great speed and some good size. They will also hit you hard and play very hands on.No doubt Union has great skill players with great size. I have no idea how physical they are though.

If Union beats us I think it will have to be through the air. I don't think they can consistently move the ball on the ground against us. Our linebackers Wade and Addison are very very good. I absolutely expect Union to have some big plays with there receivers. I think how well our dbs can cover them will be huge.

I expect a low scoring game where as usual turnovers and penalties probably decide the game....just my early thoughts.

Richlands -20

Union-17

Richlands comes to The Park on Friday night, Tennessee opens up in Nashville on Saturday, the Hokies open up with the defending national champs Ohio State on Monday in Lane Stadium and the Steelers and Patriots open up on Thursday.

You would have to admit that it is getting ready to be a great week of football!

Prediction:

Union 35

Richlands 31

Better hope that board can post triple digits come Friday night. Haha may be a shootout

I actually think it will be low scoring. Both teams have defenses that are good. I know Richlands is downright scary the first team have given up 80ish yards in 2 games.

Did anyone on here watch both games? If someone did I would be interested in how they feel about this. I know Norton has a good football tradition but not quite as good as GC plus GC is AA. GC will win at least 6 games this season even with a tough schedule. I feel better about our win over GC more so than if we had beaten Norton by the score Union did. On the other hand the last 2 years I really felt like we had a better team than Union and lost, so you never know. Do any of the Richlands fan agree that this is one of our top 5 teams we've ever had? I can't wait to travel to Bullett Park it is my favorite road trip, very classy fans.

Did anyone on here watch both games? If someone did I would be interested in how they feel about this. I know Norton has a good football tradition but not quite as good as GC plus GC is AA. GC will win at least 6 games this season even with a tough schedule. I feel better about our win over GC more so than if we had beaten Norton by the score Union did. On the other hand the last 2 years I really felt like we had a better team than Union and lost, so you never know. Do any of the Richlands fan agree that this is one of our top 5 teams we've ever had? I can't wait to travel to Bullett Park it is my favorite road trip, very classy fans.

The end result will prove their place. But they are top 5 capable the 92, 05, 06, 07, and 2010 teams are the top 5 to me (in no special order).

i watched both games but couldn't get much out of either one Norton and GC both looked terrible and Union and Richlands looked great.  Union got up so early they never had to show their passing attack but looked good running the ball.  Richlands looked great everywere except on kickoff coverage gave up a TD and a couple more long returns.  Turnovers may decide this one.

i watched both games but couldn't get much out of either one Norton and GC both looked terrible and Union and Richlands looked great. Union got up so early they never had to show their passing attack but looked good running the ball. Richlands looked great everywere except on kickoff coverage gave up a TD and a couple more long returns. Turnovers may decide this one.

After the game Mance addressed the kickoff coverage on the radio, I think by what he said it will be a little better this coming week. We tried to use all non-starters on the kickoff coverage and they were all very young. I think you may see that change this week.

Being a Union fan I hope they give them 1 more chance LOL

.......lol.....I bet you do.....lol.

It'll probably be some kind of combination of starters and youngins. For our sake, I hope it's mostly starters, but Mance does like to play as many young guys as he can and reward the kids that work hard in practice. I really like that about him, if you work hard in practice, he will try to get you some kind of game time if at all possible.

I played for a coach in Maryland that didn't care how hard you worked in practice, if you were not a starter, you had little hope of playing, the starters almost always played on special teams as well as O & D.

I know there were times I was completely wore out and wished someone would do kickoff or kickoff return and give me a break..........and believe me, you didn't want to tell our coach that you were tired and needed a break.......lol

Union 21-18. This is mostly a heart pick. In my mind I really don't know. I can see it happening. Then again, I can see Union losing. 

I see it being a back and forth affair. Then that ONE type of play as time expires could decide the game. Union came up short in 2011 and 2012. That one play was the deciding factor in 2013 and 2014. Richlands is looking for revenge. Both teams are extremely hungry for the win. 

Friday night we will see something at the park we haven't seen since the 90's IMO. I think both teams are great, and if its possible this could very well be the state championship game. I went and saw both teams week one. Again, maybe i'm bias and going with heart over head here, but I think Union has just one step up on richlands due to total number of athletes. I'll go Union 30-22