Hurley vs PM

Lance

What do you guys think? 

Hurley probably gets its first legit test of the year...pulling for Hurley to go all the way, just hope they aren't getting a little too cocky at the Cliff.

I've not seen PM but heard people who played them say they are pretty good.

Hurley has 3 or 4 real playmakers, but I have seen Brady Justice pick that team up and put them on his back for the win when they needed it...I think he's the difference in this type of game.

barn burner or another Rebel blowout? 

I'll take Hurley in a close one by 6.

The Nelson boy that transferred in from auburn was supposed to have a chance to set the VHSL record for career rushing yards.. I don't know how he figures into the PM offense but I would imagine they look different than the team Hurley played last year.

I'm pulling for Hurley cause I wanna see them play Wythe or Galax. But honestly I'm nervous for Hurley cause they've not played anybody with as much talent as Parry McCluer and that's concerning. But who knows their playing at "The Cliff" and you know their not going down without a fight. Not the Hurley way.

Hurleys D is actually pretty good... The reason teams have scored points has been the fact of Hurley putting 40-50 up by halftime with subs playing the entire second half. Mark Cooper (hurley AD) posted the game being Friday.

The Size of PM is unbelievable for a single A school, That worries me.

The difference for this game is going to be the crowd at the Cliff. Also Hurley's defense is good this year, they definitely have upgraded in the secondary from last year and Logan Justus and Dalton Mullins are beast in the middle. I see Brady rushing for 200+ on PM and Hurley winning at 16.

Hurleys D is actually pretty good... The reason teams have scored points has been the fact of Hurley putting 40-50 up by halftime with subs playing the entire second half. Mark Cooper (hurley AD) posted the game being Friday.

The Size of PM is unbelievable for a single A school, That worries me.

Except that's not what's been happening. Going back through those game summaries, those scores have not been garbage time scores. In fact, scoring has tended to slow down once the JV'ers are in the game.

PM is a good team no doubt or they wouldn't be here..It's gonna be a slobber knocker I'd imagine with the first team saying ouch losing. Hurley comes out with there heads on fire laying the wood  they set there own path. Praying for clean injury free game...Go Rebel Soldiers!

Outside of Honaker please tell me where those games haven't been garbage time?

Eastside is a poor team, and it took Hurley deep into the 3rd quarter to pull away in earnest. Hurley quit at the half against a 3-win Shelby Valley team, who made it a 14-point game midway through the 4th, despite the starters playing the bulk of the way. Twin Valley notched a couple scores early before Hurley pulled away, and so did Rural Retreat.

There's not a whole lot of data, given the crappy schedule Hurley has played.

A lot of people have been down on Hurley because of their schedule, but Parry McCluer's

Schedule is just about as soft as Hurley's.

Hurley's best bet is control the ball and clock. If PM does not have the ball, they can't

Score. It may come down to turnovers, and field position. I expect a great game.

Hurley by 2.