SWVA Poll

V-Cats

35 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

So...are we still doing a Top 10 or Top 5 poll? I haven't seen one in several weeks and it always had a good turnout

I wouldn't care to take the reigns on this if need-be

Sorry, been really busy lately and haven't had time to do squat...lucky to get the scoreboard done each week.

If someone wants to do it...go for it.

Just now, GMan said:

Sorry, been really busy lately and haven't had time to do squat...lucky to get the scoreboard done each week.

If someone wants to do it...go for it.

It's all good, man

Officially opening this thread up to be the Week 5 Top 10 poll

27 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

1. Union   Legit

2. Bluefield  fair

3. Graham  ok

4. Marion   Fraud

5. Giles  ok

6.  Richlands  matter of time

7.  Galax    Deserving

8. Ridgeview   Ok

9. Ft. Chiswell  phony

10. GW  also ran narrows better 

15 minutes ago, Dookthecook said:

My picks and I sticking two them!

You're right.  I can't fault that.  Everyone has their method of voting and opinion.  So, I apologize for poking fun at you.

I just choose to take the "realistic" approach.  And a 1-3 SEC or ACC team isn't going to be in the top 25 in the AP poll, even if that 1-3 team is in all likelihood better than South Florida for example.  Is Richlands better than some of the teams I have listed?  Sure.  Not going to deny it.

I have been to 4 Richlands games over the last 2 years and have sit on their side each time.  I like and respect Richlands.  I work with a former Richlands kicker.  I am taking the time to explain this to try and avoid the firestorm.  However, if folks still want to bash me, then go right ahead.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You're right.  I can't fault that.  Everyone has their method of voting and opinion.  So, I apologize for poking fun at you.

I just choose to take the "realistic" approach.  And a 1-3 SEC or ACC team isn't going to be in the top 25 in the AP poll, even if that 1-3 team is in all likelihood better than South Florida for example.  Is Richlands better than some of the teams I have listed?  Sure.  Not going to deny it.

I have been to 4 Richlands games over the last 2 years and have sit on their side each time.  I like and respect Richlands.  I work with a former Richlands kicker.  I am taking the time to explain this to try and avoid the firestorm.  However, if folks still want to bash me, then go right ahead.

If you think Richland's is better, why would you not list them? My personal opinion is that Richland's would beat everyone on that list, except Union.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I get what you're saying. If you're taking the approach like the AP does with the top 25, then you're spot on with this. But if you use the eye test and rank teams based on pure talent and who would beat who, then Richlands would have to be in there. I get what you're saying though. 

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:
  1. Bluefield
  2. Union
  3. Graham
  4. Giles
  5. Pulaski County
  6. Abingdon
  7. Galax
  8. Ridgeview
  9. Virginia High
  10. Marion

Have you even seen Bluefield/Pulaski/Galax play? Mainly Bluefield... to say they are the best team in our region is a FAR stretch