KHSAA Playoffs (teams that played SWVA teams)

swva_havok_fan

I figured since there was a TSSAA thread, I figured I would make a KHSAA thread as well noting the teams that SWVA schools played.

1A:  Pineville (2-8) at Hazard (7-2); Harlan (3-7) at Pikeville (5-4)

2A:  Somerset (6-4) at Shelby Valley (6-4); East Ridge (5-5) at Danville (10-0)

3A:  Pike County Central (5-5) at Central (Louisville) (8-2)

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Didn't make it.  Lmao.

Did the rules change in kentucky this year? I thought somehow everyone made it. I have a friend that played for Jenkins the last couple of years and they even got a playoff game. Lol

3 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Did the rules change in kentucky this year? I thought somehow everyone made it. I have a friend that played for Jenkins the last couple of years and they even got a playoff game. Lol

Like Tennessee, top 4 in each district make the playoffs.  There are 5 teams in Jenkins' district I think.  They didn't win a district game or any game for that matter, therefore they didn't make it this year.  Last year, they beat Lynn Camp I think for their 1 win qualifying them and two years ago, they beat both Phelps and Lynn Camp for 2 wins.  Lol

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Like Tennessee, top 4 in each district make the playoffs.  There are 5 teams in Jenkins' district I think.  They didn't win a district game or any game for that matter, therefore they didn't make it this year.  Last year, they beat Lynn Camp I think for their 1 win qualifying them and two years ago, they beat both Phelps and Lynn Camp for 2 wins.  Lol

Oh okay gotcha. Thanks ?

Not that anyone in SWVA played them, but I have a buddy who used to play for Belfry. I looked to see who they were playing in the 1st round and it's a 3-7 team out of Bardstown, which is nearly 4 hours away. That's a long way to go to get your ass kicked.

8 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Not that anyone in SWVA played them, but I have a buddy who used to play for Belfry. I looked to see who they were playing in the 1st round and it's a 3-7 team out of Bardstown, which is nearly 4 hours away. That's a long way to go to get your ass kicked.

VHS got to experience that last year, going to Appomattox in the first round. It sucks, all the way around! Lol

4 minutes ago, Bearcat Dad said:

VHS got to experience that last year, going to Appomattox in the first round. It sucks, all the way around! Lol

We drove to Appomattox last year. Spent the night in Farmville, went to Appomattox Courthouse and toured the grounds, toured the battlefield, ate at a couple of good places. Had a good time, but yeah, it's a long trip, especially if it's a 1st round game.

10 minutes ago, SXSW said:

The Belfry Pirates are a model program, they have some stud football players that have played there and one of the best facilities that you will ever put your toes in.

That's for sure. I've been to a few games there with my buddy, at the old place as well as the newer facility. Got to listen to a couple of the pregame speeches from Philip Haywood. It's no wonder kids want to play for him. 

21 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Pikeville (Pike County Central) to Louisville is no short haul either.  :D

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

That's for sure. I've been to a few games there with my buddy, at the old place as well as the newer facility. Got to listen to a couple of the pregame speeches from Philip Haywood. It's no wonder kids want to play for him. 

I have drove by on my way to Charleston before and would loved to have seen a game at the old field.

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

We drove to Appomattox last year. Spent the night in Farmville, went to Appomattox Courthouse and toured the grounds, toured the battlefield, ate at a couple of good places. Had a good time, but yeah, it's a long trip, especially if it's a 1st round game.

My joking aside, it really is a nice area. 

We really didn't belong in the playoffs at all last year. Had to win the finale against Lee to get to win number 3, and have 2 other teams lose, just to get that 16 seed. The ride up there was long because we knew it was going to be ugly. The ride back wasn't quite as bad, because we actually got to witness about as good of a 2A team that you will see in Virginia. That gave us enough to talk about to help the trip go by rather quickly lol. They were beyond impressive.

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Hell we went in the second round to Appomattox and it wasn't any better haha

That team was invincible after the Dan River scare.  I cannot recall seeing any team lay waste to five straight playoff opponents in the destructive manner that Appomattox team did.  Appomattox would have beaten Blacksburg for the 3A title, and would have given a darned good account of itself against either Salem or Dinwiddie.

16 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Hell we went in the second round to Appomattox and it wasn't any better haha

Last year’s Union team that was reloading from the 2015 team who made Final Four was demolished pretty soundly in third round. 

1 hour ago, trumpet1988 said:

Last year’s Union team that was reloading from the 2015 team who made Final Four was demolished pretty soundly in third round. 

Now all we need is a fan of who they destoyed in round 4 and we'll have entire playoffs covered lol

Cause like giles I know there are fans on here of who they destroyed in round 5

5 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Now all we need is a fan of who they destoyed in round 4 and we'll have entire playoffs covered lol

Cause like giles I know there are fans on here of who they destroyed in round 5

Goochland.  

Giles actually lost by the fewest number of points (31) of any of their opponents.

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Goochland.  

Giles actually lost by the fewest number of points (31) of any of their opponents.

And if the Appo posters on preps were accurate, Union was the only team they didn't play 2nd string in. Said they wanted to "make a statement."