Graham vs. Richlands

EH31

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Young as in they are Juniors. While graham has like 18 seniors starting for them. Didn't mean to confuse you.

Next year B-Burg will be one tough out for anyone on there schedule. (this year to)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not at all confused.since you must not know much about blacksburg those JRs have got quality playing time since they were freshman.yes we have 18 SRs but most havent been starters until last year.I believe we will have a very good team next year since we have been playing alot of sophmores and JRs this year.but your right next year blacksburg will be a very very loaded team.and if they dont make a strong playoff run something is not right.they have the depth this year to do it.we have not put more than 7 SRs on the field together at one time this year,on offense or defense.they are there though.the coaching hasnt been great this year.

Grahm is an excellent team. Just because they have lost two games it would be a huge mistake to count them out. Don't be suprised if Martinsville and Blacksburg make a strong showing in D4 playoffs. Grahm is going in with excellent game experience and if they play to their abilities they will win 35-28.

An interesting stat, if available, would be how many plays Richlands has averaged per possesion while playing "everybody's homecoming" type teams. If they have been short and quick, can their offense even endure their own no huddle style during a more grueling contest, if Graham gives them one. The plow is gonna hit some rocky ground this week, we'll see what it's made of. (Give me a break, I found comas on special)

I seem to recall the samethings being brought up last year, and look how that game turned out. Now, I'm not saying Richlands will win 35-0, but I really dont think Richlands will run into all of these endurance problems that everyone is talking about. Last season the team had basically the same schedule before they played Graham and they did just fine with it. So I wouldnt worry about the condition of the Blues, I'd woory about Grahams ability to control Jennings, and if they can do that, then they have to worry about the pass. I just dont see Graham doing that. Anyway, goodluck to Graham, I hope it is a great game, cause I'm finally coming in from college so I'm making the trip up to Bluefield to support the Blues!

Year in year out Gate City is a good team. But, not this year. I've seen them play.

In looking at last year, the first game is pretty much a toss out. Graham was in offensive shambles, holding tryouts a key positions. Richlands was honed. Richlands had to work for the second game since Graham had their act together. Tomorrow is interesting in that it is a real head scratcher for us know it alls that try to figure out what will happen. Graham has not looked good against what time will tell are very good football teams. Richlands has looked fantastic against some weak competition. How good have Graham's opponents been? How weak have Richlands' opponents been?

Let me see, last year Gate City and Honaker went 8-2 each.

Gate City will either finish 8-2 or 9-1 this year. They are such a cupcake team. Yeah right.

Don't base what you think will happen on who Richlands has played so far. They played those exact same 4 teams last year before Richlands beat Graham 30-0.

Will this game be a blowout? Doubtful. But Graham will be hard pressed to stop Richlands explosive offense.

[ QUOTE ]

You know, people said the exact same thing about Gate City after Richlands shut them out last year but they still went on to have an 8-3 season. Come to think of it so did Honaker...

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD...Gate City is NO WHERE near as good this season as they usually are...even the best programs have down seasons and this is one for Gate City...don't worry, they'll be back...probably next year...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You know, people said the exact same thing about Gate City after Richlands shut them out last year but they still went on to have an 8-3 season. Come to think of it so did Honaker...

[/ QUOTE ]

BigD...Gate City is NO WHERE near as good this season as they usually are...even the best programs have down seasons and this is one for Gate City...don't worry, they'll be back...probably next year...

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not the Gate City of old but I'm just pointing out how everyone last year thought Gate City must have it's worst team ever after Richlands beat them... Yet the rest of the way they lost only to Powell Valley.

I know it's not important, but putting teams down for their schedule while thumping your own chest for playing "Stronger Teams" (that beat you) is a peeve of mine.

I'm not talking about you personally by the way, but we've been hearing this from Graham all week.