Who will win the southwest district this year?

bgwahoo

Hahahaha Hey jets....hollywoods a long way away, so even if they had stayed and made an incredible run to state, your dreams of becoming a movie star were still probly not gonna happen. Don't beat yourself up about it.

The truth hurts huh? Jets speaks the truth on this subject.....no offense to Richlands but they won the recruiting war for the BC boys just like Tazewell won the recruiting battle for the Pocy boys last year.....its all part of it

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I like richlands for the simple fact that they got the BC boys. I played against them last year and they are GREAT athletes! However, if it weren't for that i'd give the nod to tazewell

Richlands all the way. Richlands will roll Tazewell.

I have to see what CC has going on before I say..but Richlands is my pick so far...CC you just never know what they have being the odd ball team in the district...they really should have been moved to another district years ago.

first of all i am far from ignorant. and know much more about it than you. the 4 kids from bigcreek left a far more historic program than richlands and also left an opportunity to take the owls to the state championship in the last yr of the program there... talking about going down in history. thats the stuff hollywood loves. and yeah they do recruit at every school. but what i said was a joke. like it or not if you take away the 5 impact players that moved there just for football, than you would have a very different team. if i had a son playing and had a choice for coaches id want him to play for richlands

I agree the Big Creek kids are good and athletic. But I was at the GC/Richlands game last week and the other quarterback that played besides johnson played 10 times better than johnson did. The other qb's passes were actually on the money, whereas johnson was not very accurate, and he was very mobile too.

I agree the Big Creek kids are good and athletic. But I was at the GC/Richlands game last week and the other quarterback that played besides johnson played 10 times better than johnson did. The other qb's passes were actually on the money, whereas johnson was not very accurate, and he was very mobile too.

Cody made a big improvement from last week to this week. Made much better reads and executed the O a lot better.

Devone had a good night running the ball and the line was improved also. The receivers ran better routes and didn't bunch up like they did at times last week. I guess I'm trying to say that the whole offense made improvements this week....LOL.

Of course I know it was against Honaker and they are struggling this year, but the execution was much better. Cody is still learning the spread and will continue to get better. You are right though about Jack Vance. He is a very good QB and we are lucky to be deep at the QB spot.

In my opinion, he has a better arm than Cody, but Cody is a better runner. Jack can also run, but I think Cody is faster.

But it is nice to be able to bring in a Jack Vance at QB if Cody struggles or is injured.

Richlands "will" win the district this year !

With the talent and coaching staff they have, they will just get better & better !

Anybody ever wonder how CC got into the SWD?:cool:

They were in the New River, it was comprised of George Wythe,Narrows,Giles,Carroll County,Radford, Galax, Blacksburg, and Christiansburg. At one time, Pulaski,Dublin, and Floyd County were all a part of that district. It got down to 4 teams, Radford,B-Burg,C-burg, and CC as the others all dropped to single A. Radford dropped and they broke up the district and sent Blacksburg and Christiansburg to region III, river ridge district. And CC went to the SWD. I think that was in 1996.

They were in the New River, it was comprised of George Wythe,Narrows,Giles,Carroll County,Radford, Galax, Blacksburg, and Christiansburg. At one time, Pulaski,Dublin, and Floyd County were all a part of that district. It got down to 4 teams, Radford,B-Burg,C-burg, and CC as the others all dropped to single A. Radford dropped and they broke up the district and sent Blacksburg and Christiansburg to region III, river ridge district. And CC went to the SWD. I think that was in 1996.

I know in 1994, the New River District was a 3 team district, with Blacksburg, Christiansburg and Carroll County. They broke it up and sent BB and CB to the River RIdge and CC to the SWD. Radford already dropped before the demise of the NRD. Late 90's is about right.

Who Carroll? I don't think so. They need to be in the Piedmont.

I agree completely -- they are much closer to ALL the teams in the Piedmont than they are to ANY of the teams in the SWD.

I can't imagine making the Grundy - Carroll trip -- that is entirely way to much time on a bus and then be expected to play and go to school the next day --

I have always wondered why Tazewell and Graham haven't moved to Single A -- I was told once they would go when Richlands went so that they could still have the same county rivalry -- anyone know what Richlands' enrollment is currently?

I agree completely -- they are much closer to ALL the teams in the Piedmont than they are to ANY of the teams in the SWD.

I can't imagine making the Grundy - Carroll trip -- that is entirely way to much time on a bus and then be expected to play and go to school the next day --

I have always wondered why Tazewell and Graham haven't moved to Single A -- I was told once they would go when Richlands went so that they could still have the same county rivalry -- anyone know what Richlands' enrollment is currently?

I think Richlands enrollment is around 815

• 2 weeks later...