State Championship: Richlands vs Poquoson

Nadoball

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHa! And they wonder why people hate Richlands! To me is sounds like they need to put there big boy panties on!

Edited by Bulldogs52

for every one talking about the refs cheating us out of a game, poquoson had 2 touchdowns called back, not saying there weren't any bad calls but it wouldnt have changed the outcome by much. I really can't believe that some fans are trying to blame the loss on the refs, you shouldnt let game come down to the refs. in the first place.Poquoson had 2 touchdowns called back and still came out with the W.

at the end of the 4th quarter Richland had the ball and was down only 6 points whose fault is it that you lost? you keep talking about how many penalties and penalty yards you had compared to us, but as i have also read your fans write, that has been status quo for your entire season. maybe instead of blaming the officials for all those penalties you should look at the lack of discipline on the field as to why those penalties occured!

Wow, that is just a bit over the top.

It's not over the top at all! Richlands is the best team in the country, no way they could have lost in the state championship of VA AA football!

It's not over the top at all! Richlands is the best team in the country, no way they could have lost in the state championship of VA AA football!

HAHA you know i believe richland is a good football team, but neither you nor poquoson could hang with the likes of Pheobus High School. let alone every other high school in the nation. believing in your team is one thing, but to think any division 3 school in Virginia is the best in the entire country would be crazy!

HaHa! And they wonder why people hate Richlands! To me is sounds like they need to put there big boy panties on!

I admit people are taking it too far. But you act like no other fans have ever complained about the refs in any other game. I can go through the posts on this forum, and I guarantee you I can pull a post from fans of every team complaining at some point. I think we know why everyone hates Richlands, because we have been winning consistently over a long period of time. But of course no one is going to admit it, so they make up these other reason for hating us.

Also, all the criticism of the fans complaining is coming from many people that were not at the game, nor have you watched video of the game. So how do you know the complaints are not legit? I was at the game and am not even sure if they are legit, because I honestly did not see every player on every play that was flagged, but I did see some questionable ones...as I do in any game. Therefore I can only assume the calls that were made were accurate, but others have the right to voice their own opinion.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

Beano, I'm glad to see your sarcasm and deep abiding love for all things Richlands is still intact.

This is a post from a Poquoson fan over on their board:

I thought there was far, FAR too much laundry on the field. I honestly didn't have a good point of view on the offensive pass interference call against Poquoson which negated the first TD. Could have been a good call, or not. The holding penalty on the second negated Poquoson TD was bogus. The hold, if it occurred was well behind the play, and no way the guy who's "held" makes a tackle one way or the other. Should have kept hanky in pocket. Completely agree with delay of game penalty near end of game. Poquoson coaches were talking to officials on field and told QB when to start the play. Bad, bad.

The pass interference penalty on Strong on the Poquoson sideline was completely bogus. Happened directly in front of me, and he was playing perfect defense running stride-for-stride with our receiver. Also, pass was way overthrown and uncatchable IMO. Call was big because we went on to score the go-ahead TD.

Saw one of the holding penalties called on the Blues on their last offensive series, but not the other, though I believe both calls were made by referee. Actually, I was seeking direct intervention from a supreme being at that point in the game and my blood pressure had risen 50 points, so not sure of my eyesight. Also, the facemask penalties were legit, or at least appeared to be, and the officials missed another one.

Really thought some of the flags should have been kept in the pockets. All that said, this game was a classic. Momentum swings, big plays, controversial officiating, great defense, on-side kick recoveries, big kick returns, etc. Two very high caliber football teams. Also, looking at the scores from the other finals, it appears we saw the game of the day.

Pretty much exactly what I said, just from another perspective.

I admit people are taking it too far. But you act like no other fans have ever complained about the refs in any other game. I can go through the posts on this forum, and I guarantee you I can pull a post from fans of every team complaining at some point. I think we know why everyone hates Richlands, because we have been winning consistently over a long period of time. But of course no one is going to admit it, so they make up these other reason for hating us.

Also, all the criticism of the fans complaining is coming from many people that were not at the game, nor have you watched video of the game. So how do you know the complaints are not legit? I was at the game and am not even sure if they are legit, because I honestly did not see every player on every play that was flagged, but I did see some questionable ones...as I do in any game. Therefore I can only assume the calls that were made were accurate, but others have the right to voice their own opinion.

And yeah we all have complained about the officiating, but then you and others are quick to jump in and say it's part of football deal with it... It's like practice what ya preach!

And yeah we all have complained about the officiating, but then you and others are quick to jump in and say it's part of football deal with it... It's like practice what ya preach!

I'm not sure I ever jump in and said that, but if I have then I am in fact practicing what I have preached.

I have already said that it is part of football. I have said what I witnessed, and what I thought about it. I have not once said we were cheated or that the refs cost us the game.

But, you still hate me...all because I am from Richlands...and we are the irrational fans...sure.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

Oh so that's why you guys are crying then!

No crying, they have a great football team. My point is its hard to win a Championship with 160yds in pen., its almost impossible for any team to overcome that. When your on the 20 trying to score for the win and end up being 4th and 31 or whatever it was. The REFS made it just alittle harder for the Blues thats all. We ain't worried, being there 4 times this decade, give a few years and we will try it again.

No crying, they have a great football team. My point is its hard to win a Championship with 160yds in pen., its almost impossible for any team to overcome that. When your on the 20 trying to score for the win and end up being 4th and 31 or whatever it was. The REFS made it just alittle harder for the Blues thats all. We ain't worried, being there 4 times this decade, give a few years and we will try it again.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VHS...8623741?v=wall

Seems like crying to me!

Just wanted to say thanks to the Tazewell Bulldogs fans who supported Richlands in their journey this year.

(As a Richlands' supporter, I and many other Richlands fans were in attendance, cheering loudly for Tazewell when they won the AA football state championship in 1986.)

Also, to the Graham fans that expressed support thank you too.

(I never attended a Graham state final but I certainly was always cheering for them when they reached that level.)

Living in such a large GA county ...with over 16 public high schools, one independent and two private schools that compete in GHSA....there are fierce rivalries, believe me. However, when it comes to the finals and ANY of our county teams are in the GA Dome ....there is widespread community support for those remaining county teams.

(Three of the four remaining teams in AAAAA state semis were from Gwinnett. The team I was supporting didn't win in the semis, but I was FULLY supporting the state winner (Brookwood) in the championship game. Buford, the Gwinnett independent, won the AA state championship.)

Next year, Graham will not be in the SWD, but I will be supporting and cheering for them to win their district, because we are ALL (bottom line )Tazewell Countians...wherever we may live or roam.