The 2011 Atlanta Braves thread...

Lance

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta plays horribly in Washington and I'm not sure they could beat the Phillies bench-players.

The Braves won't even see the Phillies bench players in all likelihood. Manuel has always given his starters the majority of the time even after they have clinched the division to keep them in shape for the playoffs.

With St. Louis loss tonight giving the Braves a 2 game lead with 6 to play of each, I bank on them getting it done with 1 to spare. Braves go 3-3. Cards go 4-2. Hudson wins his last 2 starts, and Minor gets a W in his start.

i hope your are right but i think its more the cards losing it than the braves winning it at this point...we shall see..

"WASHINGTON -- Altanta's NL wild-card lead was cut to one game over St. Louis, with the top four hitters in the Braves' lineup, including Chipper Jones and Dan Uggla, going a combined 0 for 16 with five strikeouts Sunday in a 3-0 loss to the Washington Nationals.

Atlanta has dropped 10 of its past 15 games. The Braves close the regular season with a three-game home series starting Monday against the NL East champion Philadelphia Phillies."

I'd say the Phillies will let them have it so they dont have to deal with a real threat in the playoffs...why let the Cards in when they are playing pretty good ball right now, better than the Braves anyway. Philly is in the drivers seat all the way around the horn on this one, they can pick who they want in at this point.

St Louis is about to lose as well...the Braves have done everything they can do to give this away...just like i said earlier it was the Cards to lose and they are not getting it done either...damn....how frustrating this is as a Braves fan all my life to see this.

The Braves won't even see the Phillies bench players in all likelihood. Manuel has always given his starters the majority of the time even after they have clinched the division to keep them in shape for the playoffs.

Told you. The Braves have seen Lee, Oswalt, Rollins, Howard, Ibanez, Utley and the rest of the crew. It sucks having to beat the best team in baseball in order to go to the post season.

Cardinals up 9-6 and have all but wrapped the game up in Houston, so we're tied going into tomorrow night. It all comes down to Tim Hudson tomorrow night. Our ace against a shaky Joe Blanton in front of a home crowd tomorrow night, but I still don't like our chances...

Told you. The Braves have seen Lee, Oswalt, Rollins, Howard, Ibanez, Utley and the rest of the crew. It sucks having to beat the best team in baseball in order to go to the post season.

Cardinals up 9-6 and have all but wrapped the game up in Houston, so we're tied going into tomorrow night. It all comes down to Tim Hudson tomorrow night. Our ace against a shaky Joe Blanton in front of a home crowd tomorrow night, but I still don't like our chances...

yeah...even if we win and get in...what then? 3 and out?