Parents Just Don't Understand

What is a dilemma to Falconman? Or a tight spot, or a "situation?" Its basically nothing to Falconman. Heres the predicament that yours truly is in. First of all, I love abingdon, but hate the 5.0 that stereotype young kids with nice cars. Every time I get harassed by them for squealing my tires, my sound system is too loud, I mean cant you go catch a meth addict? For real, man. I feel like Lil Wayne here. But heres the situation, I got a speeding ticket the other day and other infractions such as my exhaust/tinted windows; guess what? My parents went balistic on me, took my keys, i phone, and tried to take this laptop - thank God for my A.P. classes or they would've got it. I'm in prison right now! I came home yesterday, and they are now insisting I get a job. A job? No, I got college to worry about, sorry. My dad claims he's tired of bailing me out. Bailing me out? I've never been in jail? Its about being a parent DAD! Its simple my parents don't get it? I love em, but they just don't understand the pressure that we highschoolers face.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry guys, I have to chime in here.

Your father is being a parent....he's trying to teach you how to be responsible and accountable for your actions. I know it's hard to imagine, but your parents arent always going to be around to bail you out of tough situations. Sounds to me like your parents understand just fine. These are lessons that us coaches try to teach our players every day. Be thankful you have great parents who want the best for you, alot of kids today don't have that type of home life.

This isnt an attempt to argue with you, or put you down. We've all been young, and we all made mistakes. Everyone does, but the important thing is that you learn from mistakes made. Just accept resposability for it, take care of the ticket and move on. Try to fly "under the radar" when out running around from now own. BTW, a job may not be the worst idea either, especially with the gas prices going up. Even if they dont need it, help your parents out every now and then..ya know?

Edited by battleftbl

Falconman, I know you have deep love and respect for me, (lol) but I want to give you some advice. The police have a job to do, so when you get pulled over, avoid getting an attitude with them. That just makes matters worse. Be polite, yes sir no sir kind of stuff. As cops have told me for years more folks talk their way into tickets than out of them. Attitude just makes them look for more violations.

Your parents are doing their job. They are not there to be your buddy and bail you out every time you screw up. (You're a teenage boy, and you will screw up.) If you are in the right, they should have your back, and if you are wrong they will hold you accountable. That is what good parents do.

One more thing about the police, you live in a small town, and you want to not draw too much attention from them. Turn down the stereo, don't spin the tires. Once you get a rep with them, it is hard to live down.

Take this from a geezer who has been down this road already.

Guest The Variable

Though Hacker and I come from generally different directions politically, we both share an equal amount of common sense. What he said was spot on, and your behavior only served to feed into that stereotype about kids with nice cars. Most likely you arent even old enough to appreciate a "nice car" or even really know what one is. My kid will get a old school classic with a small motor and in all likelihood we will buy it needing major repair so my kid will learn how to work on a car and also appreciate a job well and done. If you break traction with your tires, you are driving wrecklessly and are now in violation of the law. A police officers job is to enforce that law.

Your parents probably failed you by getting you a car unable to deal with your blossoming immaturity but at least have the courage to treat you like a child and a subordinate and not a friend or buddy. We have enough problems with youth who grow up like that.

Like Hacker, I already went down this road myself, at 115mph on rt360 when I got caught and now I take my speed to the track. Summit Point might be closer to you but VIR is a great location when you get the $$$ and time to invest in a real hobby.

BTW, what kind of car do you have?

I have to agree with the previous posters. I also have to add that after witnessing your attitude on SWVASports.com for some time now I can relate to why the police want to take your smart ass down a notch. I have four children, and they have never wanted for anything they needed, but they would NEVER, and I mean NEVER take the attitude you have shown about your aversion toward working. That's just pathetic. You sound like a spoiled brat who needs his ass whipped. If I had witnessed one of my children speak to me the way you spoke on this website about your father, they wouldn't have been able to sit their ass down for a week. Grow up you spoiled little piece of crap, and listen to those who have lived a while and know much better than you.

I've been wanting to say that to you and your buddy SB for a long, long time. I put you both in the same boat. Thanks for giving me the opportunity!

Edited by blueinbama

Guest The Variable
I have to agree with the previous posters. I also have to add that after witnessing your attitude on SWVASports.com for some time now I can relate to why the police want to take your smart ass down a notch. I have four children, and they have never wanted for anything they needed, but they would NEVER, and I mean NEVER take the attitude you have shown about your aversion toward working. That's just pathetic. You sound like a spoiled brat who needs his ass whipped. If I had witnessed one of my children speak to me the way you spoke on this website about your father, they wouldn't have been able to sit their ass down for a week. Grow up you spoiled little piece of crap, and listen to those who have lived a while and know much better than you.

I've been wanting to say that to you and your buddy SB for a long, long time. I put you both in the same boat. Thanks for giving me the opportunity!

Ill add on to this, if what you say about "pressures that highschoolers face" involves your car or your computer time...you really are a clueless teenager. It would be nice if that was the only thing real adults had to worry about. If and when you get into the real world, you will learn real quick that all those "pressures" that used to bother you dont amount to beans. Youll learn that or youll sink and become another social parasite on the public dole. You better just chill and enjoy your childhood while it lasts.

It's scary when I am the voice speaking most kindly to Falconman. I hope we all haven't been guilty of "Casting Pearls."

Here is an idea, get a normal car and dont speed. If you drive the speed limit, police wont pull you over for it. Dont put illegal crap on ya car, and you wont get infractions for it.....and i went to college and worked at the same time, almost killed me, but i didnt whine about it like a little spoiled kid. i mean come on man. Daddy being a little hard on you for being a showoff? Grow up man, everyone has been through something like that with their parents, its part of life.

Grow up, act your age( or maybe a little bit older) and quit posting dumbass threads.

Typical spoiled, rich kid.

If I was your daddy, which I'm not but you can continue calling my "Daddy" anyway, my foot and the seat of your pants would be like Siamese Twins...

A good swift kick, or two, in the arse on a regular basis is what is needed in a situation like this...

What is a dilemma to Falconman? Or a tight spot, or a "situation?" Its basically nothing to Falconman. Heres the predicament that yours truly is in. First of all, I love abingdon, but hate the 5.0 that stereotype young kids with nice cars. Every time I get harassed by them for squealing my tires, my sound system is too loud, I mean cant you go catch a meth addict? For real, man. I feel like Lil Wayne here. But heres the situation, I got a speeding ticket the other day and other infractions such as my exhaust/tinted windows; guess what? My parents went balistic on me, took my keys, i phone, and tried to take this laptop - thank God for my A.P. classes or they would've got it. I'm in prison right now! I came home yesterday, and they are now insisting I get a job. A job? No, I got college to worry about, sorry. My dad claims he's tired of bailing me out. Bailing me out? I've never been in jail? Its about being a parent DAD! Its simple my parents don't get it? I love em, but they just don't understand the pressure that we highschoolers face.

This is why you guys from Abingdon don't win at anything, you always have an excuse, you always have a chip on your shoulder, and think you are better than the rest of us. Well, you are not; you need to adhear to the laws, get a job, and better yourself. That attitude is why you are a loser and not a winner. I appluad your father and tell him if he needs some help getting you straight to send you to Holston. I think you and SB could use a little country medicine.

Now you guys back off! Poor little baby is too lazy to get a job. Guess he would rather park in the Wal Mart parking lot instead of earning money.

Here is a tip for you kid. I know you think you look cool driving around and squealing your tires. In reality you look like a douche bag with an attention seeking disorder. Grow up little boy.

the quickness with which people accept this guy as (a) telling the truth and (b) being typical of the population of abingdon high school is a little disturbing. i admit, i have my fair share of issues with spoiled rich kids from abingdon, but i'll be a monkey's uncle if anything from this story actually happened. i really believe a group of people who obviously dislike you on a message board would be your last thought of where to run for support when you're not getting along with your parents.

Edited by keeper1

Some of the things those two post on here are so extreme that I wonder sometimes that maybe they really aren't who they portray themselves as. Maybe they are both actually older guys who just like to judge people's reactions to these things or just like to get a rise out of people. I've seen plenty of people in Abingdon who are rude, obnoxious, and seem to only care about themselves (people are like that everywhere, but it just seems to me like I've seen a bigger concentration of this type of people in Abingdon), but there are also loads of people who are the complete opposite; real down to earth kind of people. The things these two say on here definitely gives Abingdon High School, as well as the town and it's people, a bad name, but I think this one takes the cake.

For the OP:

troll.jpg

For the rest:

I wish parents would be twice as strict on their children. The point of discipline is to deter future action and to punish for the action already taken. Parents, IMO, forget the first and tend to overdo the second. But again, I don't have a child unlike many of you guys, so I'm spouting smoke until the day I have to discipline my own.

You're bitching about your parents acting like parents?

I'll tell you what, let me switch shoes with you for a month and see how much more you appreciate your life

Once you move into my manor in south side Bluefield, is is what you will have to deal with

1. Rent payment (yeah, my mom owns the house but I still give her a certain amount of money a month to help her out money wise (200 a month)

2. Cell phone payment (60 a month)

3. My mommy and daddy arent rich, or punks so guess what? I pay for all my own gas, insurance on the car and anything the car would need such as brakes,batteries,lights,dents,dings anything!. 200 a month

4. My mom, anybody who knows me knows my mom is a hard ass, putting up with her is enough to drive anything fucking nuts

I've had a job since I was a sophomore in high school, I left the school at 3:30, had to be at work at 5. Got home at 12am, fell asleep and started the day over. It's been like that for 7 years

Next time you want to cry about "daddy took my car keys away from me" why don't you get a real job and have real bills your jerk off. Until then, don't ever come crying on this forum about how rough you have it.

Jerk off.

the quickness with which people accept this guy as (a) telling the truth and (b) being typical of the population of abingdon high school is a little disturbing. i admit, i have my fair share of issues with spoiled rich kids from abingdon, but i'll be a monkey's uncle if anything from this story actually happened. i really believe a group of people who obviously dislike you on a message board would be your last thought of where to run for support when you're not getting along with your parents.

I know. I'm still amazed that people on this forum take these guys seriously. It's great entertainment, but are you all really this gullible?

I appreciate some of your opinions BUT I'm still a kid ya know? I mean, I had my boy coming to pick me up after the grounding, my mom made me ride the bus. The bus? The Yellow Cheese Wagon? Do you know how ridic that is? For a senior to have to do? We got in an argument about everything, including my grades. Ok, I kept my grades up through 1st Semester - will graduate in the top 10% of my class, my GPA is 3.7, it is set in stone. Now that its the second semester, I've been cruising. She freaked because she got a progress report and I had a C, a C! Let me live for once! My GPA is Cool, college is set. They've taken everything and are still insisting I get a job. Threaten to defund my senior beach trip with my boys if I don't find a job. I said fine, I'll work for you dad, he said "I Wouldn't Hire You!" So how am I supposed to get a job if my own dad want hire me? I just want to give a big thanks to Abingdon's Finest, great job guys for ruining my spring!

Guest The Variable
I know. I'm still amazed that people on this forum take these guys seriously. It's great entertainment, but are you all really this gullible?

I am still a bit of a n00b.

You so called "adults" that get on here and bad mouth this kid is priceless. You all let my buddy get under your skin so bad. It is way too funny.

Edited by falconfan1