Presidential Debate

Canes00

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on outward appearances, it looked to me like Obama has gotten used to teleprompters. There is a big difference in a debate and reading a prepared speech. Without the teleprompter, Obama seemed lost and Romney was on top of his game. That was the best I have seen Romney thus far.

I won the debate because I didn't watch. Or maybe my sister did because she watched "The Waterboy."

Personally, I know from long experience that unless one candidate just flat screws up that it is not going to cause a sea change in the polls.

I don't think even the most ardent liberal Obama supporter could possibly be happy with the way things developed last night during the debate. Mitt Romney looked more presidential, was better prepared, and had an air of confidence that put Obama on the defensive from the beginning.

As a Romney supporter I felt like I was watching the Bama - LSU National Championship game. Romney Rolled like the Tide! "It was a mauling, folks, a mauling".

I won the debate because I didn't watch. Or maybe my sister did because she watched "The Waterboy."

Personally, I know from long experience that unless one candidate just flat screws up that it is not going to cause a sea change in the polls.

The polls don`t matter much any way seeing how most of the pollsters are Democrats. I flipped over to CNN and even they were saying Romney did a much better job. Anyone that watched could tell you that though. It`s amazing how Obama kept looking down or at the moderator while Romney was talking.

I don't think even the most ardent liberal Obama supporter could possibly be happy with the way things developed last night during the debate. Mitt Romney looked more presidential, was better prepared, and had an air of confidence that put Obama on the defensive from the beginning.

As a Romney supporter I felt like I was watching the Bama - LSU National Championship game. Romney Rolled like the Tide! "It was a mauling, folks, a mauling".

I agree that RMoney looked better than ever last night, but I didn't see it as a mauling.

I was actually impressed with Romney and disappointed with Obama, but I think much of that had to do with my personal expectations, but I think a lot of people had similar expectations.

I'm hoping the President was just holding back a little for the next two. You know, he didn't want to pull out all his weapons in the warm-up round. Also, I am really not looking forward to the Ryan/Biden debate...it could get ugly .

I watched some of the debate (The Waterboy was too tempting to just pass up). It looked to me like Romney was more prepared for this. He just came out swinging, and at times even seemed a little frustrated because he had so much to say, but they had to let Obama speak some. Obama took his time and seemed to pause in his speech a lot more than usual (I guess because he didn't have any teleprompters and had to be really careful). It just looked to me like Romney was on offense all night while Obama was stuck on defense. Even when their statements clashed over a subject, it was hard not to pull more for Romney than Obama simply because he seemed more fired up.

Romney looked and spoke like a "seasoned" businessman with total confidence in his leadership ability.

The President, ...well...(as Ronald Regan used to start out a statement with :) )...I'm sure many have heard what "his" mainstream supporters had to say: Chris Matthews... "what was he doing"...Bill Maher's tweet...I can’t believe I’m saying this, “But Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter.â€

And folks... our ALMOST president (pulled from Politico)... Former Vice President Al Gore floated an interesting theory for President Obama's widely panned debate performance: Denver's thin air.

"Obama arrived in Denver at 2 PM today — Just a few hours before the debate started," Gore said Wednesday on his Current TV network.

"Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet and you only have a few hours to adjust -- I don't know," Gore said.

Romney looked and spoke like a "seasoned" businessman with total confidence in his leadership ability.

The President, ...well...(as Ronald Regan used to start out a statement with :) )...I'm sure many have heard what "his" mainstream supporters had to say: Chris Matthews... "what was he doing"...Bill Maher's tweet...I can’t believe I’m saying this, “But Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter.â€

And folks... our ALMOST president (pulled from Politico)... Former Vice President Al Gore floated an interesting theory for President Obama's widely panned debate performance: Denver's thin air.

"Obama arrived in Denver at 2 PM today — Just a few hours before the debate started," Gore said Wednesday on his Current TV network.

"Romney did his debate prep in Denver. When you go to 5,000 feet and you only have a few hours to adjust -- I don't know," Gore said.

Am I the only one who catches Al Gore's sarcasm on Twitter? Dude is genius.