Battle vs Giles

battleftbl

Bath won their titles after they switched away from it. And also, the 2 times I seen it in person (93 and 94 playoffs), Narrows shut it down completely. Including holding them to 3 points at their place in 94. They ran a slightly different and much more simple version than Giles run.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles runs alot of the Buck Lateral series which most SW teams do not run. 1 they run a rare offense then 2 they run a rare version of a rare offense. You will never see it again. I will admit that im not really sure about this but I think Northwood ran more of the Power and HB Spin series, thats a completly different animal from what Giles runs.

Letting the ball come to you sounds nice but watch out for the 250lb pulling linemen and the 220lb blocking back who both want to take your head off. It is a mystifying offense to see but in most years Giles could line up in the Pro I and run all over most teams, they are alot like Gate City in that respect.

I agree gwloyal, ive got nothing but good things to say about Giles. We were pretty good in '05 but they could have throttled us. Ragsdale let up early and didnt embarass us when he could have put up 50+.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Bath Co running the SW, I didnt know that. Good info.

Really I dont understand why more small schools dont run the SW. It makes it easy to get the ball to your best player and allows him to really shine. A program like TV is a perfect example. Just being something opponents have never seen before is a good advantage for struggling teams.

Edited by redtiger

but i will say coach wright is one fine coach..but that wing when run right is hard to stop

Would love to see Clintwood and Giles play this yr...but their in different divisions... Clintwood has a great D and Giles has a great O!

Would love to see Clintwood and Giles play this yr...but their in different divisions... Clintwood has a great D and Giles has a great O!

Old school, tradition rich, throwback football? Yes, please lol.

BTW, best of luck this week to C'wood. If all goes well in round 2, it'd be an honor to have you guys back in Wytheville in a couple weeks.

Old school, tradition rich, throwback football? Yes, please lol.

BTW, best of luck this week to C'wood. If all goes well in round 2, it'd be an honor to have you guys back in Wytheville in a couple weeks.

i was hoping you'd get to come and visit us.......lol (if all goes well)

Will be making my first trip to Battle for this game. I'm sure it will be a barn burner for the Spartans and Trojans. Going to go with Giles for the win.

Is there much visitor seating? Heard they had brought in extra bleachers for the VHS game.

Go Blues!!!

Go Spartans!!!

Life has many choices---eternity two

have not seen giles since heath miller and the tigers faced them in giles to win in route to state in 2000 i think(blizzard cold game to watch)

.they are traditionally rich in football and i would give them the edge by 3 tds.even though i would like to see battle take it.

I'm sure it will be a barn burner for the Spartans and Trojans.

[/i]

You should read the CMD board. A handful of delusional JSB fans there. Giles is slow, small, and Mann is nothing special. The schedule they played is also a joke. If nothing else it makes for a good laugh.

You should read the CMD board. A handful of delusional JSB fans there. Giles is slow, small, and Mann is nothing special. The schedule they played is also a joke. If nothing else it makes for a good laugh.

Ive looked over there and literally lol. Someone said Giles looked "unorganized". An unorganized team doesent have 2 backs combine to rush for over 3,000 yards. When I read that my 1st thought is what Giles is doing is too much for him to comprehend. Same guy also said "Giles(fans) wont travel that well", I hope they really dont believe that.

Edited by redtiger

They make it hard to pull for what could have been a good story this season.

Believe it or not...the kids on the field representing John Battle and the community are some of the most humble, hardworking kids you'll ever meet. Every school has a few knuckle heads....these just found their way to the internet.

I hope so battleftbl. What some of them are saying is alot like falconman and southbound, just too ignorant to believe. Its obvious that this Battle team works hard, just look at where they were compared to where they are. Giles is never to be taken lightley

Listen guys......2 or 3 of those guys are the Falconman and Southbounds of the CMD board. I honestly dont think they even support Battle, just looking to stir up a big pot of s*&t

I beg to differ, most of them making the noise have been on the CMD board for quite some time and are established posters that in the past used to be fairly reasonable. The one JSB fan leading the charge with idiotic posts leaves no question to what his identity happens to be.

Nope, no Falconman or Southbound there - they're the real deal and it's very obvious at that.

Giles fans are not allowed on the CMD board, lol. To many idiotic statements that'll be used for motivational purposes.

You must be talking about Dossy? the jsbdad...isnt even one of the players fathers. I can confirm that. Noone on the team has any idea who the idiots are.

My senior year of HS was spent at VHS. The week of the Region C championship game I had a conversation with some players from JB.

Ever played against the single wing?

No but we've watch their film the last couple days.

You're screwed.

That convo would fit just as well today as it did then. Giles rolls. This Battle team has a better O than the one in 98 so they might keep it close for a little longer but the only teams Battle has played with comparible D's is Honaker and VHS.

Giles 38, JB 14

I have to agree 100%! Although I hate to see the season end for one of these two schools it must happen. JSB has had a story book season and much to be proud of. Giles, on the other hand, IS Giles. Tradition, continued success, AND the single wing. ENOUGH SAID!!!

Giles 30

JSB 12