Richlands @ Bluefield

Ryan4VT

Well, the time has come. First time in 5 years that these two teams will play. What's everyone's early week thought and predictions?

I wish we had played them 5 years running instead of this year, for obvious reasons.  I don't think I have ever said this, but Richlands has no chance in this game. 

If the QB will be Ben Brown, I'm not sure I would call him the 3rd string QB.  I think Coach Mance was needing him more at WR knowing MIchaels was capable of handling the QB duties after Gray went down.  Brown and Baker shared QB duties at the beginning of last season until Gray became the primary QB.

Maybe Coach Mance will have to run the single-wing for the Blues.

Life has many choices---eternity two

If the QB will be Ben Brown, I'm not sure I would call him the 3rd string QB.  I think Coach Mance was needing him more at WR knowing MIchaels was capable of handling the QB duties after Gray went down.  Brown and Baker shared QB duties at the beginning of last season until Gray became the primary QB.

Maybe Coach Mance will have to run the single-wing for the Blues.

Yea but personally I think Micheals is a far more capable QB than Brown. Brown is much much bettter at WR than at QB. Just my 2 cents.

The problem i see with the blues is that other than Brown the other wrs cant seem to catch the ball. Every week the team they are playing knows this to and have been putting a saftey over top or double covering brown and are starting to stack the box for the run. They need some one to step up and be that second wr to open up things or maybe bring up one of the jv kids that can catch.

Zeke Vance impressed me last week in the Virginia HIgh game.  He received the ball on kickoffs, showed speed and good hands. Also had some good yardage after the catch.

Scottie Ball has played great in the 2 games he has played on JV so far.  The Tazewell game he had 3 Interceptions and 2 were retuned for TD's and a 2 point conversion.  This past Monday against Va High, he had 2 TD catches and another pick 6.  He should move on up to varsity but I hear he is playing out the JV season and will probably play varsity the last 2 regular season games.

I heard the older kids on the varsity "picked" on him a lot this year...is that true???  Sad if so...

I also hear he's part of the "dream team"...anyone with info on that?

I heard the older kids on the varsity "picked" on him a lot this year...is that true??? Sad if so...

I also hear he's part of the "dream team"...anyone with info on that?

I know he played for richlands middle last year. He was a very good athlete. I think he might have joined the team late this year, which is why he is still on jv. I've heard stories about the "picking" as well. But I've heard both sides of that story also.

Sticking to what I know as fact...he is a good football player that has the potential to play d1 athletically.

I have not heard them called Dream Team but I do know that Scottie is a part of an AAU basketball team that won a tournament in Herschey, PA back in the summer.  Scottie is becoming a very good Bball player.  He will very likely start on varsity basketball team at RHS as a freshman.

Yeah they call themselves the "Dream Team." Hope it doesn't come back to bite them on down the road.

As for the getting "picked on," I would be willing to bet he doesn't get it any worse that any of the other Freshmen.

In general about the being picked on junk why is this kind of junk going on any more. All it causes is a big mess like we have all saw happen around the country. I know it still happens in a lot of places but it should be stoped. The coaches at all schools should set the players down before any preseason stuff starts and put a stop to any thing before it gets started.