8-29-14 Football Updates- Week 1

Ryan4VT

I guess losing a player like Peoples does create a big drop-off...

A few observations from the game from my perspective.  Galax will struggle mightily again this season at QB and WR.  The defensive backfield has no clue how to defend the pass.  Peoples made up for a lot of deficiencies that are glaring without him in the lineup.

SHOCKER!!!

Grundy is really young this year. The Wave is starting 5 freshman. In 2 years when the rest of that group gets up from Middle School football they will be tough! I think that bunch from 9th down to 7th have only lost about 2-3 games since pee wee ball. Everybody better get their wins this year.

Grundy is really young this year. The Wave is starting 5 freshman. In 2 years when the rest of that group gets up from Middle School football they will be tough! I think that bunch from 9th down to 7th have only lost about 2-3 games since pee wee ball. Everybody better get their wins this year.

Albert Childress does a great job for the youth team.  He knows the game and is a GREAT role model.  Need more like him.

Brookville 27 Gretna 6 -4th qt.

Christiansburg 21 Pulaski County 8 -late 4th

Central-Wise 28 Eastside 18 -late 3rd

Speaking of Cburg:  Heard their JV squad handled pretty well at James Monroe.  Mavs talent pool coming back?

It'll also happen when you pull a defenders jersey half way off.

Like on that GC TD that a lineman pulled our player to the ground with him? ;) happens both ways.

Some get called. Some don't. Haha. It's all part of the greatest game on earth....high school football. Haha.