Bluefield @ Richlands

Nadoball

Not too sure why Bluefield is Richlands' homecoming this year. Talked to Mance the other night and he said, "big man, it's out of my hands."

I sure wish they'd pay me to come up with a catchy "Homecoming Theme" this year, I've got a few up my sleeve... 

Not too sure why Bluefield is Richlands' homecoming this year. Talked to Mance the other night and he said, "big man, it's out of my hands."

I sure wish they'd pay me to come up with a catchy "Homecoming Theme" this year, I've got a few up my sleeve...

It was the homecoming game my senior year as well. (2007) I submitted the theme that should have won. "Dam the Beavers" Find a better one than that. Lol.

Bluefield is the clear favorite, they have speed and size everywhere. If I had to bet the House, I'd take Bluefield and run. But I'm not betting the house, SO I'm hoping we show up and give the Beavers a good game. Win or Lose playing against this kind of speed should help Richlands down the road. Go Blues!

Bluefield is the clear favorite, they have speed and size everywhere. If I had to bet the House, I'd take Bluefield and run. But I'm not betting the house, SO I'm hoping we show up and give the Beavers a good game. Win or Lose playing against this kind of speed should help Richlands down the road. Go Blues!

EXACTLY!!!!   I concur

Bluefields offense will be difficult to contain. They block well for those speed demons who handle the ball. BUT, the beaver defense(while quick at every position) does not play physical or hard on every down. There will be some seams to throw the ball and the second and third tier of the defense do not tackle well(they cover ground and close fast). If Richlands can out physical Bluefield at the line they have a shot. As Ryan stated, control the ball and set the pace. Bluefield will score, but I like what the blues have shown the last 2 weeks. No prediction from me but I might drive down to watch what I feel may be the best game played in our area this year.

Bluefields offense will be difficult to contain. They block well for those speed demons who handle the ball. BUT, the beaver defense(while quick at every position) does not play physical or hard on every down. There will be some seams to throw the ball and the second and third tier of the defense do not tackle well(they cover ground and close fast). If Richlands can out physical Bluefield at the line they have a shot. As Ryan stated, control the ball and set the pace. Bluefield will score, but I like what the blues have shown the last 2 weeks. No prediction from me but I might drive down to watch what I feel may be the best game played in our area this year.

Come on down! Get there early though, sellout type crowd expected.

That blue kool-aid must be some strong stuff. I watched the Bluefield vs Graham game on film. I also watched Richlands @ VA High this past week. Bluefield is by far the better, faster, smarter, more physical team. Sorry that I don't look through those dark blue glasses like the rest of you.

That blue kool-aid must be some strong stuff. I watched the Bluefield vs Graham game on film. I also watched Richlands @ VA High this past week. Bluefield is by far the better, faster, smarter, more physical team. Sorry that I don't look through those dark blue glasses like the rest of you.

Have any of us said, "Bluefield isn't that good?" Everyone one of us has noted that they are a fine football team. Easily the hardest we will play all year. But what we have noted is a weaknesses (every team has them) and some ideas on how to exploit them and keep the ball out of their hands.

Of course we are going to be optimistic. We are Richlands. We don't back down from anyone. But 99% of the Richlands posters on here are realists as well. We know what kind of team is coming down 460.

It was the homecoming game my senior year as well. (2007) I submitted the theme that should have won. "Dam the Beavers" Find a better one than that. Lol.

I was going to go real dirty but with the children on here (Southbound, Falcongirl, Jethro, etc) I decided to keep it clean.

I have a lot of respect for the Bluefield program for what they have done over many years,  probably THE most consistent program in the area,  will,  not probably,  they are the most consistent.  They are well coached and always have a lot of speed and great athletes.  Great fan support too ! 

But as Ryan and others have stated,  as a Blues fan,  we believe we CAN beat anybody on any Friday, doesn't mean we are not realistic about how good they ( Bluefield ) is,  but we do believe in our coaches and kids.  The Blues will have to play an almost perfect game to beat them,  but Richlands has gotten better each week and they do play physical as most of the teams they have played would probably admit,  but Bluefields speed and athleticism will be hard to overcome.

It will help that it is played at Ernie Hicks,  but it will be tough for the blues to contain all that speed on the turf.  I wasn't sure that the blues were quite ready to win a game like they did against LB and I am incline to think the same here,  but they proved me wrong in the LB game and I am hoping that they do it again,  but Bluefield is a better team than LB.

I just can't bring myself to pick against the Blues.  I love the kids on this team,  they have played with so much heart this year !  They could have hung their heads and give up after the way they lost the Union game,  but they worked hard and got better so i would not put anything past this bunch.

I'll take my Blues to win in a upset as i type this looking through my Blues colored glasses !   Go Blues !

I think the Broncos were 10 point favorites over Seattle in the Super Bowl last year. I lost a grand on that. I would not bet against Richlands. If they are close they usually win. AHS and VHS got beat by Richlands in the last 3 minutes last year Good luck blues. We want another shot at having a game of the week Oct 24th. We choked and got beat the last one (wet balls and all). Hope we both win out until then.

Hmm, interesting observations all around. On offense, Bluefield will be hard to stop. However, Richlands has the ability to play physical enough to offset some of what Bluefield does. They may contain the Beavers a little more than what people think.

On defense, Bluefield has shown they are slow to play the pass. They have speed everywhere but they can be passed on. River Michaels has shown some impressive ability to throw the ball the pas couple of weeks and I see it again Friday night.

Will Richlands be able to score enough to contain the high flying Beavers? Probably not but I do think they will keep it close.

I'm not making a prediction on this one but it is by far the most interesting game this week in high school football for the area.

Most interesting game in this area? No, not even close. Middlesboro and Union along Tazewell and Marion will be way more interesting. This game is over by halftime.

That is your prediction and viewpoint, which is right about 35% of the time.

This sounds so much like the last time the beavers came Richlands going to get killed and it took a field goal as time ran out to win that one and if not for a pass interference call which was a good call lb got beat blues win that one think this one could be the same just hope the blues come out on top in this one just a little nugget to add new schedules next season how many think the beavers keep the blues I know we all hope so but history says no ?????

I think that will be all. Mance and Simon have the same agendas......Win!!!!! Richlands can't win against Bluefield and therefore will drop them is my guess.

Just to many more athletes and the difference in the abilities of the two coaches is to small for the less talented team to make the difference. My view only

Might as well give my $.02, I'm not drinking the blue koolaid or the beaver juice either.  Going on on what I have been told, Bluefield should run all over Richlands and will score at will.  However if they are able to pass Richlands should be able to score and keep up.  I think it is going to come down to which is the more physical team.  At this point I would say Richlands is more physical and can wear down Bluefield since I believe their starters have yet to play a full game.  It all depends on how quick the beavers can jump out on them and put them in a hole that they can't climb out of. 

Enough of the rambling and my random thoughts, could be wrong but I have to take the beavers by 17.