Richlands @ Marion

Ryan4VT

70 years or so ago, one of Marion's coaches decided that they needed a live mascot. A goat was easy to manage, and could fit on a bus without having to bring a trailer, so that's what they went with. It's also on the Smyth County seal for some unknown reason.

There's a popular legend that Marion was too poor afford a tractor to cut the grass on the old football field, and that they would let goats graze on it to keep the grass short, but to me, that seems more anecdotal than factual.

I guess I will have to try out Wolfes on Friday night because we are making the trip down to Marion to watch my 2nd favorite team take on Marion and may as well grab a bite to eat before the game.....this should be a good game.....and I invite all marion and richlands fans to pearisburg on Saturday to watch us take on a tough Lee High team

I guess I will have to try out Wolfes on Friday night because we are making the trip down to Marion to watch my 2nd favorite team take on Marion and may as well grab a bite to eat before the game.....this should be a good game.....and I invite all marion and richlands fans to pearisburg on Saturday to watch us take on a tough Lee High team

If you are familiar with Wolfe's BBQ that was in Blacksburg, it is the same people who run it.

You'll have to come talk to Razor and I!!!!

hokiebird, fyi I had the brisket and it was pretty serious. Mac n' Cheese was good too.  

Seconded on the brisket. The best I've had in a long time. Most of the sides are old Hungry Mother Grocery recipes, and for anyone who knows what the Hungry Mother Grocery was, they don't need to be told that twice. 

It's sauce-on-the-side style barbecue, which isn't my thing, but the high quality meats and side dishes more than make up for that. All around, it's some tasty vittles.