Richlands @ Bluefield

Ryan4VT

Foreshadowing a bit, but this is one of to GotW this week. :)

Thoughts and predictions? Richlands is 4-1 Bluefield is undefeated. Bluefield seems to be giving up a lot of points, and this Richlands team is averaging 45+ a contest.

The key to this game for me is the Richlands defense. In 4 of 5 games this year, Richlands had given up less than 50 yards rushing. Can Richlands hold Reed and Mookie and force the Beavers to pass?

Should be a fun game and a big atmosphere.

1 of 2 things is gonna happen in this game, 1 its gonna be a shoot-out or 2 its gonna be a low-scoring game. I think it will be a  shoot-out. as to who gets the W, whoever is the last team to have the ball with 1 min left in the game will get the W

1 of 2 things is gonna happen in this game, 1 its gonna be a shoot-out or 2 its gonna be a low-scoring game. I think it will be a shoot-out. as to who gets the W, whoever is the last team to have the ball with 1 min left in the game will get the W

Literally 0 chance #2 happens.

Richlands might score 70...

I agree with the others.  After seeing both teams first hand....Richlands should win this one handily.  Richlands will have by far the best defense that Bluefield has faced this season...and will win the battle at the line of scrimmage.  I see Bluefield busting 2 or 3 long ones....but I'll say...

Richlands  49.

Buefield 28.

It will be similar to the Va High game. Bluefield will probably break a couple of runs but that may be in the second half against the JV team. Richlands first team D will be way to stout for Bluefield to move the ball. Just my opinion.

Bluefield's defense is no where good enough to stop Richlands.

Bluefield will probably break a couple of runs but that may be in the second half against the JV team. 

Just a fun fact: Richlands 2nd team/JV defense has not given up a touchdown in over 5 quarters of play this season. 

I thought that was an interesting stat. 

Last year I think a better Bluefield team got beat by an over achieving Richlands team. This year I hope we don't get paid back. I also have a serious question, every friday night I watch either the Beckley or Bluefield (WVVA) broadcast. Does anyone else think that 90% of the West Virginia teams look like youth football teams not counting Bluefield and maybe Princeton? My step-son and about 4 of his friends all of which played for Richlands over the last 10 years or so have made similar comments. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this or if I've had my views contaminated by this feedback?

Last year I think a better Bluefield team got beat by an over achieving Richlands team. This year I hope we don't get paid back. I also have a serious question, every friday night I watch either the Beckley or Bluefield (WVVA) broadcast. Does anyone else think that 90% of the West Virginia teams look like youth football teams not counting Bluefield and maybe Princeton? My step-son and about 4 of his friends all of which played for Richlands over the last 10 years or so have made similar comments. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this or if I've had my views contaminated by this feedback?

There's a huge gulf between the Top 3-4 in each WV class and everyone else in that same class. This is happening before our eyes in Virginia AA, too.

When I think of Bluefield I think of a couple of things.

Speed, enough speed to put it out of reach if you blink.

Coaching, coaches that will find a way to beat you with what they got.  If you let it come down to the final minutes, most times they find a way to come out on top.

Richlands will have to come to play 4 quarters without blinking.

Richlands players will think it's sandlot football in Mitchell Stadium this Friday night.  They'll find Bluefield so easy to run though and score on they'll think they're playing the game in a dreamland.  I said before Richlands will score at will on Bluefield.  Aside from #75 Maxey, this is the worst Bluefield tackling and coverage defense I've seen in a very very long time.

Hell, this will probably be the most lopsided score in the series history when the game in finished Friday. I remember Wayne came into Bluefield in 2011 and blitzed them right out of the stadium from the start.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen for Richlands.

In all seriousness how can Bluefield be "undefeated" and be playing so bad. I expect a closer game due to Richlands playing in quick sand starting out for the last few games. But..I know nuttin and enjoy reading your posts.

Man Razor,  I'm like you,  I don't know what to expect.  I want to say it will be a close game because of the respect I have for the Beavers and their history,  but then reading all the post from their fans makes me stop and think,  but that kind of scares me a little to because I worry this may be/ could be the week that Bluefield puts together a complete game.

I think the Blues are good enough to beat anybody including Bluefield,  but when a team has the speed, athletes and coaching that they have even with a weaker than usual defense,  I still just can't make myself predict a blowout.

I know the Blues will need to come out of the locker room and start playing from the opening whistle,  any missed tackles or missed assignments and that will probably mean a Bluefield score,  and our offense needs to click from the start.  If they do that, I think the Blues can score on anybody.  From what I am hearing from the Bluefield faithful is that we do have the better D and that should be enough for us to win this game.

This is the first time in a long time that I have felt we have the athletes and team that can beat Bluefield if both teams play their best,  but Bluefield is always tough to beat anywhere you play them,  but especially at Mitchell !

Man this will be fun watching all the speed and athletes on the field for both teams,  and it will be a big time atmosphere !!

CAN'T WAIT !! 

Not buying all of this phoo-phooing of the Beavers by their fans or followers.  Call me skeptical, but I think this could be a way to get them motivated ....possibly some 'reverse' locker room fodder being generated by the Beavers' own.

Bluefield is ranked #2 or #3 in the state of WV by two different polls. The Beavers are  unbeaten and they've earned their ranking  by their high scoring offense.  I think it will be a very good game and the Blues can win this game... but, I also think the Beavers coaches and team believe they can win too.

I have seen multiple people put "locker room" material into their posts this football season... You would have to be the biggest joker to think a coach on the coaching staff would print off what a bunch of buffoons on a message board says about their team and put it up in a locker room. They could give to rats butts what we think on here. This is for sheer amusement for us. 

With that said I see a close game simply because of the homer's Beaver is sure to get. 55-47 Naders