Power Points?

wave316

Lets get one thing straight on the Powell Valley-Giles games in 04 and 06

in 2004....Powell Valley was clearly the better team and this pass you talk about was on 4th down from their own 10 yard line or so(PV was up 29-6 at the time and less than 2 minutes left in game)....he just wanted to pad his precious boy's stats is all it was and if you disagree you are insane....the classy thing to do would have been to punt the ball and play defense for 2 minutes against a team you had dominated all game long...but Phil and class just don't go together

in 2006 Giles was clearly the better team by a wide margin....and we DID NOT run the score up....yeah it was 49-8(i believe) but we didn't attempt one pass the entire game and starters were out early in the 3rd quarter....we ran right at the PV D-line and they still couldn't stop us....that my friends is NOT running the score up...that is a team that is clearly better and trying to get the game over....if the defense can't stop them then that isn't the offense's problem

Ragsdale was a class act and never ran the score up on anyone(even though there were a few times he should have but still didn't)

If I would have been head coach in 2006 you can bet your ass I would have put 100 on that fat prick and the way that game unfolded we could have gotten close to 100

Yeah Giles hated Phil anyway, he dominated the rivalry for years, but the 06 beatdown was retaliation for the 04 game because the Giles HC thought Phil was trying to run the score up. We were up late, it was 4th down and we were trying to ice the game, Brad throws a simple four yard slant on fourth down to keep the ball and run out the clock, the WR broke a tackle and went 80 yards for the TD. Phil said he wish the WR had taken a knee because he had no intentions of trying to score.

Dominated? Really?

Powell Valley won 3 games and Giles won 2 games....I hardly call that being dominated buddy

That's exactly how Honaker practiced for them in 2000. Heath miller and company won that game in the ice!

It wouldn't have mattered if y'all practiced with a ball or not.....Miller totally dominated us that day....what a great HS player he was....and college and NFL player as well

The 2004 Giles-PV game was way after my time..and I wasn't at the game. But, as much whining as I've heard on message boards from Giles fans over that 80 or 90 yard pass, I was always under the impression that PV threw a big ol' bomb and scored..and that was the reason Giles fans were pissed. Now, it seems that the play was a short pass that was taken to the house. If that's the case, the way I see it, no one from Giles should have a beef with Phil Robbins...the beef should be with the DB that missed a tackle and let a guy go 80 yards...that's my 2 cents.

The 2004 Giles-PV game was way after my time..and I wasn't at the game. But, as much whining as I've heard on message boards from Giles fans over that 80 or 90 yard pass, I was always under the impression that PV threw a big ol' bomb and scored..and that was the reason Giles fans were pissed. Now, it seems that the play was a short pass that was taken to the house. If that's the case, the way I see it, no one from Giles should have a beef with Phil Robbins...the beef should be with the DB that missed a tackle and let a guy go 80 yards...that's my 2 cents.

Typical PV reply defending his classless coach....PUNT THE DAMN BALL is the right thing to do in a blowout you already have in hand....but ole Phil had to pad his boys stats a little more

Why not defend the pass, take over on the 10 and get some points? It goes both ways. If it had been a long pass downfield, I could understand your butthurt...and I was always under the impression that was the case cuz I didn't see it. But a slant?!?! C'mon now.

Why not defend the pass, take over on the 10 and get some points? It goes both ways.

Why even throw the pass? punt the damn ball

The game was over period...PV was the better team....punt the ball and game is over

Why even attempt a pass? Because your coach is a prick AND his son was the QB is the answer

Eleven years ago and people are still griping. I think he probably should have punted but if you can't stop a 4 yard slant then whatever. I don't really condone it but it was just ONE play. Seems as if it's time to give it a rest.

Why not defend the pass, take over on the 10 and get some points? It goes both ways. If it had been a long pass downfield, I could understand your butthurt...and I was always under the impression that was the case cuz I didn't see it. But a slant?!?! C'mon now.

a slant or a bomb it's irrelivant....no pass should have been attempted with a class coach....a class coach would punt the ball and play 3 or 4 plays of defense and get out with the 29-6 win....but not Phil

Eleven years ago and people are still griping. I think he probably should have punted but if you can't stop a 4 yard slant then whatever. I don't really condone it but it was just ONE play. Seems as if it's time to give it a rest.

Of couse all you powell valley robbins lovers will agree and if shoe was on the other foot then you would say NOW(11 yrs later) that you don't have a problem with it but at the time you would be crying about it too

They were on their own 10...if they had turned it over on downs, you wouldn't carry a grudge 10 years later. But, hell far, if it was a short pass it's time to look at it objectively and get over it.

I am looking at it objectively....but i'm done going on about this with a PV person that thinks fat prick can do no wrong....good luck in playoffs this year Bears LOL

It is relevant..cuz a short pass implies an attempt to pick up the 1st down and keep the clock moving. A long pass implies an attempt to run the score up. A kid misses a tackle and a receiver takes it to the house...you can't blame that on anyone on the opposite side.

I can and I do

Don't tell me what I can and can't do

Go kiss Phil's fat ass i'm done on this subject

I am looking at it objectively....but i'm done going on about this with a PV person that thinks fat prick can do no wrong....good luck in playoffs this year Bears LOL

Most everyone that played for Phil had an issue at one time or another, including myself...but that's not the point here. I just realized the picture I had in my mind all these years concerning this play were all wrong...and my judgement of the play was all wrong based on what I thought had happened vs what actually happened. Until about 15 minutes ago, I agreed all these years with you hokiebird. Now that I know it wasn't anything but a short pass that a kid took to the house, I don't.

Most everyone that played for Phil had an issue at one time or another, including myself...but that's not the point here. I just realized the picture I had in my mind all these years concerning this play were all wrong...and my judgement of the play was all wrong based on what I thought had happened vs what actually happened. Until about 15 minutes ago, I agreed all these years with you hokiebird. Now that I know it wasn't anything but a short pass that a kid took to the house, I don't.

Good for you.....good bye and good luck to the BEARS

Lets get one thing straight on the Powell Valley-Giles games in 04 and 06

in 2004....Powell Valley was clearly the better team and this pass you talk about was on 4th down from their own 10 yard line or so(PV was up 29-6 at the time and less than 2 minutes left in game)....he just wanted to pad his precious boy's stats is all it was and if you disagree you are insane....the classy thing to do would have been to punt the ball and play defense for 2 minutes against a team you had dominated all game long...but Phil and class just don't go together

in 2006 Giles was clearly the better team by a wide margin....and we DID NOT run the score up....yeah it was 49-8(i believe) but we didn't attempt one pass the entire game and starters were out early in the 3rd quarter....we ran right at the PV D-line and they still couldn't stop us....that my friends is NOT running the score up...that is a team that is clearly better and trying to get the game over....if the defense can't stop them then that isn't the offense's problem

Ragsdale was a class act and never ran the score up on anyone(even though there were a few times he should have but still didn't)

If I would have been head coach in 2006 you can bet your ass I would have put 100 on that fat prick and the way that game unfolded we could have gotten close to 100

You are dumb. It was a slant pass on fourth down to try and run the clock out and get out Pearisburg with a win. Phil had no intention of running up the score, UNLIKE GILES who consistently ran their first team even up 40 points. It was a slant to convert on 4th down to basically end the game, and it did. You just hate Phil, but you are 1,000% percent wrong about this. Phil was on the sidelines motioning for the WR to stop and fall FFS.

You are dumb. It was a slant pass on fourth down to try and run the clock out and get out Pearisburg with a win. Phil had no intention of running up the score, UNLIKE GILES who consistently ran their first team even up 40 points. It was a slant to convert on 4th down to basically end the game, and it did. You just hate Phil, but you are 1,000% percent wrong about this. Phil was on the sidelines motioning for the WR to stop and fall FFS.

You are a complete dumbass...a pass to run out the clock and get out of pearisburg with a win....you failed to mention you were up 29-6 at the time...(giles couldn't move the ball at all on you guys that day) with 2 minutes to go in the game or less.....punt the ball is the classy thing to do....i'm sure we would have scored 24 points in 2 minutes since we had 6 pts in the other 46 minutes LOL

And you have no damn clue who our first team is to make a stupid claim like that which by the way is TOTALLY untrue...in 2006 our starters played one series of the 3rd quarter and were done for the game.....get your facts straight dumbass before you come on here spouting off about stuff you have no clue about

And yes i do despise Phil not going to lie.....but I despise all coaches that show no class in winning or losing

And if the ball was at your own 40 or further I wouldn't have a problem with it but the dang ball was at your own 10 yd line or so....and throwing the pass instead of running is the biggest things saying the prick was trying to run the score up.

Enough about that lard ass....as i said before good luck to your beloved Bears in the playoffs

You are a complete dumbass...a pass to run out the clock and get out of pearisburg with a win....you failed to mention you were up 29-6 at the time...(giles couldn't move the ball at all on you guys that day) with 2 minutes to go in the game or less.....punt the ball is the classy thing to do....i'm sure we would have scored 24 points in 2 minutes since we had 6 pts in the other 46 minutes LOL

And you have no damn clue who our first team is to make a stupid claim like that which by the way is TOTALLY untrue...in 2006 our starters played one series of the 3rd quarter and were done for the game.....get your facts straight dumbass before you come on here spouting off about stuff you have no clue about

And yes i do despise Phil not going to lie.....but I despise all coaches that show no class in winning or losing

And if the ball was at your own 40 or further I wouldn't have a problem with it but the dang ball was at your own 10 yd line or so....and throwing the pass instead of running is the biggest things saying the prick was trying to run the score up.

Enough about that lard ass....as i said before good luck to your beloved Bears in the playoffs

Answer me this genius: If Phil was trying to run up the score, why would he throw a five yard slant instead of a deep bomb? Giles could not stop us all day, if he truly wanted to score at the end, he would have sent his best WR deep. The WR who caught the TD pass was the third or fourth best WR on the team, he was just lightning fast. Phil wanted to get the first down and kneel the game out instead of having to punt. If you were truly there, which I doubt, you know the conditions were terrible and it was freezing cold and punting the ball was no easy task in that weather. Phil was trying to seal the win by simply getting a first down and taking a knee. I know that for a 100% FACT. 

Its not his fault your boys could not tackle and let a kid score on a 85 yard slant pass. Phil had no intentions of running up the score, if he did, it would have been worse than 36-6 or whatever it was. And Giles' starters played into the second half in the blowout game, I know that for a fact. So its okay that Giles scored 40+ points on an overmatched PV team, but when PV beats Giles by 30, Phil is the worst person in the world.

Your logic is weak, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

In the Lee High game, yes Phil did intend to run the score up because Lee was throwing deep bombs on the JV team he put in after half time and taking cheap shots at the kids, so the starters went back in and PV scored 70 points. That did not happen at Giles. At Giles, Phil was just trying to keep the ball and run out the clock, and the little slant play happened to go for a TD. It was not planned whatsoever.