Power Points?

wave316

I think it's time to get over it. Put it behind you. Perhaps Robbins could have run it or tried to punt it. Better yet, Giles could have stopped the kid who scored. If that happened then you would not be griping about it today. Some of the Giles fans were saying PV could have allowed a safety because it shows respect for the other team. If I were on the other team then I would feel disrespected because the other team let us have 2 points that we really didn't earn.

Yet this is still an issue.

If you can't deal with one play after 11 years then that's your own problem. I wish my life was that good. Move on.

Answer me this genius: If Phil was trying to run up the score, why would he throw a five yard slant instead of a deep bomb? Giles could not stop us all day, if he truly wanted to score at the end, he would have sent his best WR deep. The WR who caught the TD pass was the third or fourth best WR on the team, he was just lightning fast. Phil wanted to get the first down and kneel the game out instead of having to punt. If you were truly there, which I doubt, you know the conditions were terrible and it was freezing cold and punting the ball was no easy task in that weather. Phil was trying to seal the win by simply getting a first down and taking a knee. I know that for a 100% FACT. 

Its not his fault your boys could not tackle and let a kid score on a 85 yard slant pass. Phil had no intentions of running up the score, if he did, it would have been worse than 36-6 or whatever it was. And Giles' starters played into the second half in the blowout game, I know that for a fact. So its okay that Giles scored 40+ points on an overmatched PV team, but when PV beats Giles by 30, Phil is the worst person in the world.

Your logic is weak, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

In the Lee High game, yes Phil did intend to run the score up because Lee was throwing deep bombs on the JV team he put in after half time and taking cheap shots at the kids, so the starters went back in and PV scored 70 points. That did not happen at Giles. At Giles, Phil was just trying to keep the ball and run out the clock, and the little slant play happened to go for a TD. It was not planned whatsoever.

Ok you dumbass answer me this....if PV punts is there any chance Giles scores 24 pts in less than 2 minutes to win the game?

I haven't missed a Giles playoff game in my entire life so once again dumbass you are wrong.

And you know all these FACTS? I said Giles starters played first series of 2nd half in the 2006 game didn't I? then they were pulled but you seem to know more about MY team than I do

And your lovefest for Robbins is apparent....I think he is a classless lard ass...but it don't matter what either of us think.

You just come on here spouting off about all the facts you seem to know and frankly you don't know crap about the Giles program....just about all you PV fans are the same(not saying all of you so people don't jump on me)

I think it's time to get over it. Put it behind you. Perhaps Robbins could have run it or tried to punt it. Better yet, Giles could have stopped the kid who scored. If that happened then you would not be griping about it today. Some of the Giles fans were saying PV could have allowed a safety because it shows respect for the other team. If I were on the other team then I would feel disrespected because the other team let us have 2 points that we really didn't earn.

Yet this is still an issue.

If you can't deal with one play after 11 years then that's your own problem. I wish my life was that good. Move on.

I think it's time you go play your musical instrument

This discussion confirms one thing, not all of the crazy asses in the world live in Richlands.  If Union and Giles ever square off in the playoffs and we have a really weak opponent, I could see me foregoing the Richlands game for this one.  Phil and Ragsdale could do the play by play and bring in Jerry Springer for the head official.

P.S. - Don't take this post too seriously, I am just funning around.

I'm not going to engage in your twos debate because I didn't experience it.

Mance from the first day I heard it some 9 years ago teaches his players this:

1- offense

Line up against your man and beat him and score on him if you can

2- defense

Line up against your man and beat him and put him on his butt if you can

I understand both sides of this. I also realize Phil was not liked by a lot of people. He did win a lot of games and was a great football coach. I did not know him personally but he must have been a very unique man....lol

Ok you dumbass answer me this....if PV punts is there any chance Giles scores 24 pts in less than 2 minutes to win the game?

I haven't missed a Giles playoff game in my entire life so once again dumbass you are wrong.

And you know all these FACTS? I said Giles starters played first series of 2nd half in the 2006 game didn't I? then they were pulled but you seem to know more about MY team than I do

And your lovefest for Robbins is apparent....I think he is a classless lard ass...but it don't matter what either of us think.

You just come on here spouting off about all the facts you seem to know and frankly you don't know crap about the Giles program....just about all you PV fans are the same(not saying all of you so people don't jump on me)

Why punt and give the other team the ball when you can convert one first down and the game is over? Its not Phil's fault Giles could not tackle the WR on a little slant.

I do like Phil, and you obviously hate him, so its making you come off as childish. 

I never got your answer to my question: Why is it okay for Giles to beat PV by 40, but when PV beats Giles by 30, its horrible sportsmanship? 

Giles could have punted the ball on first down, why didn't they? They were up 40 points. GILES HAS NO CLASS, THEY SHOW NO SPORTSMANSHIP.

That's what you sound like right now.

Back to the actual topic, it'll be interesting. What is the likelihood of a Union/Central rematch?

I hope it happens, the Wise folk keep saying that Union was lucky to beat them, that they WANT to play Union again, that they will upset us and "shock the world" lol, so yeah I hope we play them again.

I guarantee that if we play again, Union will not have three trips inside the five and get 0 points out of it.

I hope it happens, the Wise folk keep saying that Union was lucky to beat them, that they WANT to play Union again, that they will upset us and "shock the world" lol, so yeah I hope we play them again.

I guarantee that if we play again, Union will not have three trips inside the five and get 0 points out of it.

Big winners.....you can almost count on it. When you are having a remarkable season like you guys are having....sometime during the season you will have at least one game where you just come out flat and make mistakes or just seems like the team just doesn't show up to play and you are lucky to leave with the win. It just seems inevitable that it happens.

You guys have won every game you have played and although big spreads look good on the eye test.....all that matters is a one point victory.

I for one along with the Blues desperately want another shot at you guys no matter what round it is. We just have to take it one team at a time and take care of the opponent in front of you. During the playoffs its one and done and any team can beat the other no matter the favorite or records. Richlands last year at the beginning of the playoffs was not on anybody's radar and come within an overtime loss on the road of making it to Salem.

Anything can and probably will happen.....lol

I understand both sides of this. I also realize Phil was not liked by a lot of people. He did win a lot of games and was a great football coach. I did not know him personally but he must have been a very unique man....lol

Unique....hmm....that's maybe the most politically correct way to describe him...haha.

Big winners.....you can almost count on it. When you are having a remarkable season like you guys are having....sometime during the season you will have at least one game where you just come out flat and make mistakes or just seems like the team just doesn't show up to play and you are lucky to leave with the win. It just seems inevitable that it happens.

You guys have won every game you have played and although big spreads look good on the eye test.....all that matters is a one point victory.

I for one along with the Blues desperately want another shot at you guys no matter what round it is. We just have to take it one team at a time and take care of the opponent in front of you. During the playoffs its one and done and any team can beat the other no matter the favorite or records. Richlands last year at the beginning of the playoffs was not on anybody's radar and come within an overtime loss on the road of making it to Salem.

its not as much that, I understand teams wanting a shot at a team that has beaten them, but the Richlands fans have been classy about their loss, the Wise fans not so much.

I am in no hurry to play the Blues again, but I damn well know it will be one of the best games in SWVA in a long time if it happens deep in the playoffs.

********************************** UNOFFICIAL 2A WEST STANDINGS**************************************

This is what I have. I'll throw up some scenarios once the VHSL releases their official numbers.

1.) Union   9-0   264   29.33333333
2.) Glenvar    9-0   250   27.77777778
3.) Appomattox   9-0   246   27.33333333
4.) Richlands   9-1   265   26.5
5.) Buckingham   8-1   228   25.33333333
6.) Giles   8-1   219   24.33333333
7.) James River   7-2   197   21.88888889
8.) Dan River   6-3   192   21.33333333
9.) Central   7-3   211   21.1
10.) Grayson   6-3   176   19.55555556
11.) Graham   4-5   171   19
12.) Gretna  4-5   165   18.33333333
13.) Martinsville   3-6   165   18.33333333
14.) Lee   5-4   164   18.22222222
15.) Ridgeview   5-4   163   18.11111111
16.) Virginia High   5-4   160   17.77777778
17.) Grundy   4-6   172   17.2
18.) Gate City  3-7   172   17.2
19.) Randolph-Henry   4-5   151  16.77777778
20.) Tazewell   3-6   141   15.66666667
21.) Chatham   3-6   140   15.55555556
22.) Lebanon   2-7   129   14.33333333
23.) Floyd County  2-7   125   13.88888889
24.) Marion Senior  1-8   108   12
25.) John S. Batle  1-8   108   12

My first post here as a Union supporter, and I want to say thanks for showing class on here from what has become a large atmospheric rivaly game.

Not only just you, but the rest of you all as well.