Frustration at Richlands

smoothsailin'

The Food City in Galax is staring to get a better selection.  Wasn't trying to offend, just offer that Creek Bottom has hundreds of beers from all over the world.  Free samples on everything on tap.  You can check out Creek Bottom lineup here.  They have great food also.

http://www.cbbrews.com/

No offense taken man.  Even though I am a FC employee... I can't say I shop there all the time... Lol.

I tried to discourage the golf talk with diverting the conversation to hunting/shooting. Has no one else been to Primland? The place is heaven if you love the Appalachian mountains. Golf, Shooting, Spirits, etc... Looks expensive but you can get deals

I would love to go there but my wife won't let me spend the coin to go.  I agree, heaven on earth!!!

Since it is going to be 70+ degrees tomorrow and too hot to hunt, I am contemplating a trip to Salem to watch a little football.  Anybody else making the trip?

Not going to make it, got to put away all the tailgating stuff in the garage for the season...that might take a while...then its off to finish Christmas shopping.  Thought we finished last week but my wife keeps adding names to the list...

Since I'm too poor to golf and too young to drink, I'll revive the nickname discussion.

When I first joined the forum, back in middle school, I was RHSfan_VHSstudent, to highlight the duality of fandom in my family. After losing the password to that account (as a 13 year old is want to do) I made V-Cats, to highlight my allegiance to the best logo VA High has ever had (and to piss off the people who rail against it); all the while assuming everyone knows my body has plenty of Blue and White blood flowing through it, alongside the Black and Orange (note: black is the primary)

I took bowling for my college P.E. credit.   Made a D.  My inconsistency killed me.  Our final average determined our grades.  I rolled a 160 and a 60 for my final two games.

Observer: Boneless wings are NOT wings.

I took bowling for my college P.E. credit. Made a D. My inconsistency killed me. Our final average determined our grades. I rolled a 160 and a 60 for my final two games.

Observer: Boneless wings are NOT wings.

Traditional wings are too great an investment for too little reward. That is even if the wings are cooked properly, and they almost never are. Very easy to overcook wings.

I tried to discourage the golf talk with diverting the conversation to hunting/shooting. Has no one else been to Primland? The place is heaven if you love the Appalachian mountains. Golf, Shooting, Spirits, etc... Looks expensive but you can get deals

Played a round of golf there last year. Hands down the nicest course I've ever played. Beautiful views on practically every hole. I didn't pony up the money for it, as it was a birthday present from my then girlfriend.....we were engaged shortly thereafter.....

Played a round of golf there last year. Hands down the nicest course I've ever played. Beautiful views on practically every hole. I didn't pony up the money for it, as it was a birthday present from my then girlfriend.....we were engaged shortly thereafter.....

Will she buy US both a round for the next time I'm in town?...

I killed two pheasant with one shot at Primland in 2013.

Two birdies with one shot. Top that

I got an eagle one round, and my brother got a duck. My eagle was a hole in one on a par 3, and on the first tee box (Richwood) a duck walks out at the end of the tee box and my brother tees off and hits a screamer about 20 inches off the ground. Hit the duck square in the side of the head....decapitation.

Nicest course I ever played was back in the early 1980s while a teenage. Buck Harless flew my dad, his boss, and me to Rochester, NY and we played Oak Hill Country Club. Top-notch track. I was a teenager simply in awe of even being in the clubhouse. Toughest greens to putt still may be Fincastle. I'm a member there and play at least once a week. There are a few pin placements that are straight out unfair. If you are above the hole on those greens you are guaranteed at least a 3 putt....if you're lucky. I've had putts roll back to me and go below my feet, and that's on one-tiered greens (Nos. 2, 9, 10, 13, 14, 17, and 18 have some impossible pin placements).

I play in Captain's Choice events, but they really hurt my game. They make you do things you don't normally do, and if you hit a great drive on a high-risk hole then you're more apt to try it again during times when you're playing your own ball. If I played more competitive golf I would cut out the Captain's Choice events, but since I don't play that many competitive events I will play in them.

So, what I am hearing, that was the most expensive round you will ever play

Maybe..maybe not. You can play TPC Sawgrass during the off season for about what it cost to play at Primland. I wouldn't mind to try my luck on the island green at #17. 

Maybe..maybe not. You can play TPC Sawgrass during the off season for about what it cost to play at Primland. I wouldn't mind to try my luck on the island green at #17. 

Sawgrass is overrated!  I have played several courses for a fraction of what Sawgrass cost that I enjoyed significantly better.  Then again, I am not a huge Pete Dye fan, either.