Gate City @ Lee High

Leatherhead Larry

Gate City isn't the team their record shows, and Lee High isn't the team their records shows, in all honesty the 2 teams records should be flipped by the caliber of teams they are and have played.

I'm going with GC 48-7

GC won't have any trouble with Lee unless the Generals make a lot of changes by next week. Second time I've seen Lee play this year. Rasinc isn't playing like he did in past years.

Agreed. He was held to very minimum yards last night and didn't make any big plays worth a highlight

Lee has a solid group of young players with A handful of seniors that are leading the way the scores were solid plays union has a good team with a solid home field advantage. Gate City is coming on and this will be a great game If Lee sticks with 45"only 5 carries against Union" Lee will have the win they have the workhorses to get the job done. They got away from the run against the Bears.smashmouth will be there Friday

They got away from the run funny. Rasnick was getting poped in the backfield. Gate City will win this one easily. The first touchdown I'll give since #2 beat Jenkins on the route but the second one was pure luck. GC 42 Lee 6

Gave up on the run? That's laughable, Luke and Jeb the Stidham cousins were on the workhorses before they got the ball 90% of the time (76 yard rushing for the game). I'm not by no means putting down the Lee players they are good but as a team they did not look to be close to the caliber team that Union or GC is. IMO GC would beat Union if they played again this week or in the playoffs.

Gate City is going have to cut out giving up first downs on 3rd and long. GC seems to never play good at Ben Hur. I say it'll be pretty close. Plenty of playoff implications on the line.

Lee should make it regardless... right now I have GC and Gretna tied for the final spot.

I actually think this game is closer than most people are predicting. My reasoning for this is GC can never manage to put together a solid game at Lee. Even in some years past when GC was the much better team they would have to scratch and claw to pull out a win at Ben Hur. I wont dismiss this being a one TD ball game either. I'll say:

GC 33

Lee 28

If GC can keep the offense rolling I believe we can win in a shootout if it comes down to it. I don't take anyone lightly, especially when we are 2-5 and they only have 1 loss. It's come to play or leave with a big fat L! Winning is certainly helping the vibes for Akers and Co., this team sees they can make the playoffs and want it.

Lee gave up 1sack against Union so don't know what game some of you are referring. Lee tried to go with the passing game and that is not the strongest part of their game. Power running is their strength. Getting down on the road did not help. Union got the w. Onto Gate City at Lee. Lee may have some key players down but they will show up. Will be a big game and coach Pendergraft should come out with a good plan. Lee 21 GC 20

Lee gave up 1sack against Union so don't know what game some of you are referring. Lee tried to go with the passing game and that is not the strongest part of their game. Power running is their strength. Getting down on the road did not help. Union got the w. Onto Gate City at Lee. Lee may have some key players down but they will show up. Will be a big game and coach Pendergraft should come out with a good plan. Lee 21 GC 20

I think this is what several are referring to. From the KTN....“We got an education tonight,†said Lee coach Jeremy Pendergraft. “We were physically dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We had no answer for No. 50 (Jeb Stidham), he was in our backfield all night, and Mitchell hurt us with big plays.

Per the BHC...Lee ran the ball 36 times for 74 yards. Only passed 7 times. They didn't get away from the run. It just didn't work.

Like you said though, that game is over. Good luck to both teams. Hope everyone comes out healthy.