Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

Union can lose to Letcher and will still most likely be the #5 seed.

Also, best case scenario for Dan River versus worst case scenario for Richlands could drop Richlands to #4. With Lebanon beating Va High last night, I'm not so sure that the Bearcats will beat Lee now.

A possibly 5/12 with Gate City, @ Dan River, @ Appomattox. Talk about having the deck stacked against you, lol. That sucks

Union can lose to Letcher and will still most likely be the #5 seed.

Also, best case scenario for Dan River versus worst case scenario for Richlands could drop Richlands to #4. With Lebanon beating Va High last night, I'm not so sure that the Bearcats will beat Lee now.

Any chance 9-1 Graham outpoints 9-1 Appo if Amherst wins?

A possibly 5/12 with Gate City, @ Dan River, @ Appomattox. Talk about having the deck stacked against you, lol. That sucks

Assuming Gate City finishes 5-5, they will be #12 unless one of the following happens.

Lee loses their last 2 games.

Martinsville loses their last 2 games

Floyd Co upsets Glenvar.

Union will have a tough playoff road, but I think they're up to it.

Would Graham not take #1 and Richlands #2 if Appo loses?

Graham would be #1... it will be a tough call against Richlands and Appo for #2 spot.... I think it'll come down to opponent w's and l's in those last couple of games...

I don't remember Graham really running it OVER Abingdon as much as running it BY Abingdon. Sure, their offensive line was as physical as I've seen this year, and if that's what you're referencing, my bad, but both Cousin and Meade (in particular) was so fast/shifty, they just ran right by Abingdon. Meade may have broken some tackles late on Graham's last drive, but to me it was more of a dropback, designed QB run or no one open, Meade takes off, leaves the front 7 in the dust and jukes out several others on his way to continual first downs.

As for Cousin, AHS had him pretty much bottled up (under 50 yards on the night) except for those 4 long gainers that went for 6. I know it sounds ridiculous for someone who had over 200 yards and 4 TDs, but for the majority of the game, he had nothing going against the Falcons. It's just that when he got 2nd level (again, credit Graham for opening up Monster Truck sized wholes), no Falcon could catch him. Honestly, his performance last year against Abingdon was even better, because he ruled the whole second half.

I didn't make it to the Graham game, so what's your opinion of why Reed quit throwing the ball? From what I understand AHS didn't pass at all in the 2nd half. They go up quickly 14-0 and then bail on what got them this far. I understand why he didn't throw as much last night in an attempt to keep RHS offense off the field, but why stop throwing at Graham?

More than a chance. A definite.

Not sure anyone wants to to Graham either, when you've got the best RB in your classification and a QB capable of running and throwing you can beat anybody. Graham had Richlands like Union did but couldn't hold on, or else they'd be 10-0 and the clear #1 seed.

Not sure anyone wants to to Graham either, when you've got the best RB in your classification and a QB capable of running and throwing you can beat anybody. Graham had Richlands like Union did but couldn't hold on, or else they'd be 10-0 and the clear #1 seed.

The more I think about it, I think Graham's best chance is for Appo to win. Would much rather play Richlands than Dan River in Round 3.

I didn't make it to the Graham game, so what's your opinion of why Reed quit throwing the ball? From what I understand AHS didn't pass at all in the 2nd half. They go up quickly 14-0 and then bail on what got them this far. I understand why he didn't throw as much last night in an attempt to keep RHS offense off the field, but why stop throwing at Graham?

They threw the ball quite a bit in the first half but didn't throw a single pass in the 3rd quarter, then they went back to the pass in the 4th quarter with very little success.  Fulton ran very well in the 3rd quarter...I think Reed wanted to stay with a hot hand plus run the clock and keep the ball away from Graham.  They turned it over on downs a couple of times trying to put the knock out punch on Graham but the G-D held and Cousin took over.  Once they started passing again trying to play "catch up", Graham made some adjustments that shut down the passing game.  Sturgill was 14-20 in the first half but only 4-10 in the second half.

The more I think about it, I think Graham's best chance is for Appo to win. Would much rather play Richlands than Dan River in Round 3.

I don't know much about Dan River, so speed/size wise how do they compare to say a Richlands?

The stoutest part of Appomattox's game is the run defense, whoever gets them better be ready to beat them with more than a run game and the pass defense is as good as it gets.

I find that hard to believe after the past two years.