Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

For what it's worth Heritage, the team Amherst played last night lost to Appomattox earlier in the year. Watched Appomattox vs Clark County on the vhsl site last year. They know how to shut a single wing down.

Coach Smith of Appo does know how to shut down the single wing. They gave Giles all they wanted in 2013. Giles' 3rd round against Richlands and 4th round again Riverheads was easier than their 2nd round with Appo

Fuck that's what I thought but wasn't 100%. Beating a 4-seed Dan River on the road seems like a huge task but even if a 5 seed somehow did that, get rewarded with a trip to defending state champ, the 10-0 one seed.

You assholes just couldn't let us win over there earlier this year? Itd have made things way more interesting lol

If Union lost one of last two games, would they fall to 6-7? Damnit need tonfind a points expert.

But a loss could send Union to a lower seed? Hmm...

It'd have helped if Floyd had a better team, Glenvar would get more points for beating them.

And I'm just a random Union fan, but we've played Richlands every year and Graham last year. Kinda know those teams as compared to DR/Appo. I'd rather end up playing Richlands/Graham,much shorter road trips of nothing else. Its all speculation tho, a 5/12 with Union hosting a much improved GC team is tough enough.

What is it with Union fans and whining about travelling?  Get over it.  At least you'll have a playoff game to travel to.  Better yet, just throw the game to Gate City in the first round.  I'm sure they would love to travel to Danville, and then you won't have to worry anymore about it.

Fuck that's what I thought but wasn't 100%. Beating a 4-seed Dan River on the road seems like a huge task but even if a 5 seed somehow did that, get rewarded with a trip to defending state champ, the 10-0 one seed.

You assholes just couldn't let us win over there earlier this year? Itd have made things way more interesting lol

Is it really necessary to use this kind of language here?  These are high school kids we are talking about, and high school kids read this.  Please watch your vulgar language.

Graham played Double A with Single A numbers for over 30 years.....they petitioned to play up..nobody complained then... Grundy and Graham consistently had the lowest single A numbers....lower than dozens of the single A schools at that time.

When they changed the enrollment numbers for  classifications the first time...Graham was forced to play DOWN to A...(It was called Division 2...It was single A-Division 2.... they re-aligned again and Graham was moved back to 2A...which is STILL basically single A-Division 2.... Remember there are 6 Divisions now....they have 500+ kids consistently in that school....... yet I constantly hear complaints from the fans of schools with 400+ complaining that they shouldn't be playing them because they are too "big"....  Good Lord... Graham had to play schools with 2 or 3 times their enrollment during the regular season and in the playoffs for years and I didn't hear all of this whining.  I think in the state title game in 2001 (They were Division 3 at the time...should have been D-2)... Harrisonburg had about 1200 kids.....and Graham had around 500 (maybe less) at that time...

They aren't a "big" 2A school at present time.... they are actually in the lower half.

I'm tired of hearing this argument about them being 2A...  2A is not like AA used to be.  1A and 2A are basically the old single A schools, Graham is where they belong now.......  There are so many 1A and 2A teams in close proximity to each other around here.... of course they should get 2A points.  

In the old classification (1a,2a,3a) Graham's enRollment dropped to single A numbers and the MED Is where they got stuck.

Graham's enrollment has been single A since the 1960s.  They Chose to play up to AA, yet nobody complained them.  The VHSL actually forced them to play down form AA -Division 3 to A-Division 2 (Which is now what is considered 2A).  

I would like to see Graham, Richlands or Union win 2A, but I just thought it was interesting that all you G Men fans were on here bashing Hurley over their schedule and Graham finishes up with 5 1A schools.

The difference here is that while Graham has those 5 1A schools, they make up for it by playing Richlands, Abingdon, Giles, Bluefield, and Tazewell. While Tazewell isn't great, the rest are teams who are tough opponents. Add to that list Galax in district play (a team I believe can beat Hurley) and Graham has a touch schedule.

Hurley, on the other hand, plays a very soft schedule of KY teams out of their district.

Hurley fans have NO room to talk about anyone's schedules.

What is it with Union fans and whining about travelling? Get over it. At least you'll have a playoff game to travel to. Better yet, just throw the game to Gate City in the first round. I'm sure they would love to travel to Danville, and then you won't have to worry anymore about it.

What is it with Union fans and whining about travelling? Get over it. At least you'll have a playoff game to travel to. Better yet, just throw the game to Gate City in the first round. I'm sure they would love to travel to Danville, and then you won't have to worry anymore about it.

I don't think we're whining about traveling. We did pack Clarke county 6 hours away last year. We'll be there. If anything, we're disgruntled about having as tough of a road as we do. But we're up for the challenge.

Grayson County is 2A, so Graham plays 4 1A schools, not 5 - With one of them being a defending state champion who this season has already beat 2 of the last 3 state champions in 2A.

Graham does have 3 weak 1A teams on the schedule but as before mentioned, they are forced to play them. There is no way given the choice that Graham would schedule Bland or Narrows.

You do however get to choose your out of conference schedule. Last year Bluefield, Giles, Richlands, & Abingdon all finished the season with 1 loss. You can't compare Hurley's Out of conference schedule to that.

Don't know why you always bashing all of the union people like I said in a early post we love to travel and expect too. We bring probably one of the biggest followings in Virginia if not the biggest.

I don't think we're whining about traveling. We did pack Clarke county 6 hours away last year. We'll be there. If anything, we're disgruntled about having as tough of a road as we do. But we're up for the challenge.

Some of you aren't, but some of you are (jarhead, BigWinners).  And I heard a lot of crying and whining at Bullitt Park last year after the Glenvar game in person from A LOT of Union fans about the possibility (Richlands/Appomattox hadn't gone final yet) of having to go to Clarke County.

Granted, even in jarhead's case, he mentioned he still makes the trip, but he certainly whines about it. 

This seems to be a Wise County thing.  I will give you all some credit, at least you're willing to at least go to Richlands or Graham for a game without whining.  If it was J. I. Burton, they whine about just having to leave Wise County.

In closing, I'm not flaming or bashing or trolling.  Just making a poignant, astute observation.  If you're forced to make the trip, embrace it, enjoy it, treat it like an unplanned vacation.  Google stuff to do in the area.  Appomattox is a very historical area.  Plenty of stuff to see and do.  Being a Ridgeview fan, I would love just the opportunity.  But that isn't going to happen ANYTIME soon, except for maybe girls basketball.  I pull for every team in the Mountain, except Central, so come playoff time, I'll be a Bears and Blue Devils fan and possibly a Trojans and Generals fan too if they make it as well.

Some of you aren't, but some of you are (jarhead, BigWinners).  And I heard a lot of crying and whining at Bullitt Park last year after the Glenvar game in person from A LOT of Union fans about the possibility (Richlands/Appomattox hadn't gone final yet) of having to go to Clarke County.

Granted, even in jarhead's case, he mentioned he still makes the trip, but he certainly whines about it. 

This seems to be a Wise County thing.  I will give you all some credit, at least you're willing to at least go to Richlands or Graham for a game without whining.  If it was J. I. Burton, they whine about just having to leave Wise County.

In closing, I'm not flaming or bashing or trolling.  Just making a poignant, astute observation.  If you're forced to make the trip, embrace it, enjoy it, treat it like an unplanned vacation.  Google stuff to do in the area.  Appomattox is a very historical area.  Plenty of stuff to see and do.  Being a Ridgeview fan, I would love just the opportunity.  But that isn't going to happen ANYTIME soon, except for maybe girls basketball.  I pull for every team in the Mountain, except Central, so come playoff time, I'll be a Bears and Blue Devils fan and possibly a Trojans and Generals fan too if they make it as well.

Wtf? When did I whine about anything? I haven't complained about anything, so the only astute, poignant observation is you're full of shit.

But a loss could send Union to a lower seed? Hmm...

It'd have helped if Floyd had a better team, Glenvar would get more points for beating them.

And I'm just a random Union fan, but we've played Richlands every year and Graham last year. Kinda know those teams as compared to DR/Appo. I'd rather end up playing Richlands/Graham,much shorter road trips of nothing else. Its all speculation tho, a 5/12 with Union hosting a much improved GC team is tough enough.

If Union lost one of last two games, would they fall to 6-7? Damnit need tonfind a points expert.

Wtf? When did I whine about anything? I haven't complained about anything, so the only astute, poignant observation is you're full of shit.

You keep proving my point.