WCYB "The Cliff"

NewHampshireRed

Here is a SWVA Football fan that will be pulling for Hurley. I pull for all of us except when it effects us....lol. I even pull for Abingdon minus one time a year ( like this Friday Night). Well twice a year.....When they play Marion. I like to see my buddies Hurricane and Canes be able to eat " Victory Tacos from time to time"

Another Blues fan that will be pulling for the Rebs !

I would love to see that community get a state championship but one step at a time,  finish the regular season and then take each playoff game one at a time,  don't get caught looking ahead because in the playoffs most any team can get you if you are not ready or don't take each team serious ! 

Good luck Hurley !!

My question is and seriously no trying to start any arguments. If he has to miss 2 games over a ejection, why didn't Hubbard when he was threw out at the Grundy game?? Serious question not trying to incite a war here

I think the rule does state one game for 10 game seasons and 2 games for 20+ game seasons. 

Every ejection is handled individually. You can appeal to the VHSL for player/coach ejections and they take them case by case scenarios. Of course, if someone is ejected, their behavior is ALWAYS justified. Even if it is fighting or something crazy it is always someone else's fault... so and so MADE him do it or my personal favorite "that official just does not like that player or team". 

Bottom line, the player in question did something to warrant an ejection. The player should have NEVER put himself in jeopardy by acting in such a way if he is so valuable to the team. 

Three games for fighting

1 game for unsportsmanlike coach or player

I could be wrong but I think that is correct

In 2011, a Galax player was ejected for fighting during the playoffs.  His suspension was the remainder of the game being played plus two games to follow regardless of season or year.  So, had Galax not played two additional games, the suspension would have carried over into the next season.  

I believe this is where the 3 game confusion comes into play because the game resulting in the suspension counts toward that 3 game total unless the rule has changed since 2011.

I was there he was not fighting. He may have said something I don't know but I know the kid and he's very humble and not his style. Looked like a lot of jaw jacking on both sides from the stands but you really can't tell for sure. I did see a few excessive celebrations that weren't called (my opinion) but were called on the other side. But to the original question did the coach sit a game or was it overturned through the appeals process?? What's fair for one is fair for all

The first time a player or coach is ejected from a contest for unsportsmanlike conduct, that player shall be ineligible for the team's next game. A second ejection in the same sport in the same season carries a minimum two-game suspension. A player or coach who engages in fighting, biting or aggressive physical contact shall be ineligible for the team's next two games. The second incident in which a player or coach engages in fighting, biting or aggressive physical contact in the same sport in the same season carries a minimum four game suspension. If the disqualification occurs in the final game of the season, the penalty shall carry over to the next sports season for students who are seniors and to the next school year for underclassmen and coaches.

This is a paraphrased excerpt from the VHSL handbook.  Hope it's helpful.

There was an increase for the penalty in ejections this year for fighting.  It use to be that you missed the next two contests for fighting, but now it is three.  Here is the update from the VHSL Handbook:

27-11-6 Ejection of Player and/or Coach-Players and coaches who are ejected from a contest, scrimmage, jamboree or Benefi t Game for unsportsmanlike conduct and are ineligible for the team's next scheduled contest must be reported to the VHSL office on the form provided on the VHSL website. For engaging in fighting (including throwing punches as an instigator, in retaliation, or intentionally kicking or stomping an opponent), biting or aggressive physical contact shall result in a three-game suspension (a player shall be ineligible for the team's next three scheduled contests) and a coach for a minimum of the team's next three scheduled contests. Profanity directed at a game official will result in a two-game suspension. Student/athletes who leave the bench area and become actively involved in an altercation will result in a two-game suspension. Coaches ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct will not be physically present or communicate in any way with the team at that next scheduled contest. (For the purposes of this rule, a basketball player who collects fi ve personal fouls and must therefore leave the game is not considered to be ejected and is not automatically guilty of a sportsmanship violation.) Any player assessed two technical fouls is considered to have committed a sportsmanship violation and must sit out the next contest. The decision to eject and therefore suspend from the next scheduled contest(s) may be appealed by conforming with the following procedure