The small thing I miss at the games !

SWVAFB

Did y'all notice they put wheelchair accessible seating on the visitor side at Ernie last week?

If they put wheelchair accessible seating on the visitor side at Ernie the credit goes to George Brown.  I have spoken to Mr. Brown on a couple of occasions about the need for wheelchair accessible seating at Ernie and Tazewell.  There are some things we all take for granted in life, myself included, having to sit on the track to watch a game by yourself isn't any fun.  Mr. Brown told me he'd do everything he could to make it happen.  Obviously he stayed true to his word.

I'd like to thank Mr. Brown and the staff at Richlands for making this happen.  Thanks for giving the update Ryan, I will call and thank him.  It's not too often you find people that do what they say.  

Did y'all notice they put wheelchair accessible seating on the visitor side at Ernie last week?

I didn't know that Ryan,  so glad to hear it though..........been needing that for a while,  good for them !

I guess the thing I miss most  is not having anyone playing on the Blues this year.  My nephew  graduated last year and I miss going out on the field and talking with him after game.   Seeing someone else wearing his jersey makes me nostalgic. 

I loved several years ago when the Blues band would play the Tennessee Waltz.  They would start out turned toward the visitors side, and when they turned back toward the home side they would start playing that as loud as they could.  It was wonderful!!!

Years ago I use to watch Tazewell Little League baseball.  The mothers who manned the concession stand,  had the best polish sausage with onions and green peppers on a bun.  They were awesome, or so I thought. 

I miss the days watching games as a kid and how much bigger everything looked from the stadium to the players. There was nothing like wearing that blue and white jersey to elementary school, going home and throw the football around and play in the yard like your facing whoever the Devils are playing that night, then your papaw coming by to pick you up, swinging by Pals to get a couple of hotdogs to share, then buy some peanuts and a program while you're waiting on the gates to open, then when Big Blue took the field the fans would form a tunnel from the gate to the fieldhouse. (Man those train horns seemed really loud back then). There was nothing like getting a "High Five" from the heros of Friday as a kid. Everything was so much more simple back then, when the only thing in the world that mattered was Friday night lights.

I grew up a pretty diehard Gate City fan, as a player I wore my heart on my sleeve because the colors and name on my chest meant so much to me. I felt like I had a legacy to hold up. I didn't want to let the ones who came before me down. I think a lot of that mentality is gone now days. There's still some out there. I have some family who still wears the blue and white, though they're not as emotional as I was, I still know they care and I know they don't want let the program down. It just seems like things have changed just the little while I have been away from the sport. Kids are just different now days. But I still wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to Gate City, I just never grew out of it. No shame.

Best post on here. Reminds me a lot of how I grew up. My brother played football for Tazewell and so did I, so I was all too familiar with most of the stadiums in the area. I can tell you, back in the 80's and 90's you didn't come out of Gate City often with a win.