Playoffs Round 1 updates

rvtne216

AHS was outcoached tonight. No doubt. And give credit where due, Northside came to play. Their play calling was outstanding...beat us around the end and we couldn't contain....but we didn't adjust our scheme for that at half. Fulton being out really hurt our ground game too. We had no punch. 2nd team RB did a good job, but not like Fulton...no where near. Tough loss for these boys. Northside seemed to catch a lot of breaks too....tipped pass by our D lands in the hands of Northside WR at the one, for example. We had a chance to score with first and goal at the 8 early in the 4th....2 running plays for Sturgill on the left side that gained a yard each. One incomplete pass on an out route at the 2 incomplete. Fade to corner on 4th fell incomplete. Bad play calling there no doubt...that's where Fulton could have really helped us.

In all honesty, I've never in my life seen the hits that I saw Hurley put on RR tonight. As biased as I am with Hurley that's the most unbiased statement I could make about it. My dad wanted to finish watching the last quarter just to see licks.

Good for them on the hard hits. With that being said they've really been starting sluggish their last few games. They can't afford to play like that starting next week.

Following are second round TSSAA football playoff scores and first round VHSL football playoff scores :

great state

Following are WVSSAC  football scores for Week 12

http://wvmetronews.com/high-school-football-scores/

Abingdon and Northside tied 7-7. 6:19 remaining till halftime.

The best thing about this (or worst thing) is that the Northside coaches were right next to our box and screaming and celebrating all night long so loud that it went out over our air. Most unprofessional staff we've had up in the box, where you're not supposed to root (and I know coaches will scream on bad plays or throw stuff or clap and say "all right" when something good happens, but these guys went fan boy to a level I've never heard).

From the time Northside got outside on this play, and keep in mind the guy was still about 10-yards from scoring, one of the coaches starting screaming "STRIKE UP THE BAND BABY! THAT'S IT! STRIKE UP THE BAND!" incessantly until the PAT was kicked. This kind of thing happened on several occasions, and we apologize that this kind of stuff went out over our air all night long. Nothing but respect for the way Northside played and coached. Their gameplan was excellent and Abingdon didn't respond. But sometime sooner than later (assuming it's not been addressed already) they're going to be told they can't act that way in a press box. It's beyond unprofessional.