Richlands vs Graham?

Richlands Gang

Yeah they've done I it every game that I've seen. I don't care for that at all..

I figured they'd learned their lessons after It came back to bite them last year at union

Major Graham fan here and the pre-game taunting has occurred at every game! It makes me sick to see and the coaching staff should STOP this from occurring at the high school level!

Graham is the favorite and should be. I have know idea who wins this one. Like I have said many times...in games like this, the team that wins the turnover and penalties battle will probably win. If Richlands wins the battle up front...I like the Blues. If Graham has improved in the trenches and matches the Blues physicality in the trenches...I think Graham will win.

Should be a great one and a pretty solid Gate also...lol

I think this game comes down to how well the Blues are able to limit J.Cousin in the run game,  and limit the big plays in the passing game. If JC is able to run at will then the Gmen win this game,  but if the Blues front 7 are able to slow him down then the blues have a chance.

I know that Graham can throw the ball pretty effectively,  but if the Gmen are able to run the ball with JC then they can control the game and the amount of possessions the blues will have.  

Also the blues must be able to run the ball enough to keep the Gmen D at least a little off balance, whether that means JLA runs it like he did in the 2nd half in the 1st game or the run game that the Blues have had in the last couple of games,  or in my opinion a combination of both show up,  they cannot be one dimensional and beat this Graham team.

I also think that Howie has to be the Howie we saw earlier in the year, hopefully he is close to 100% by Friday,  the blues are going to need his speed and big play capability !  It was great to see S.Ball back to 100% again,  the first time in a while with him fighting that ankle injury most of the year.  By the way, D Booker had just a fantastic game last night and we will need another game like this from him this week.

Going to be a great game no matter who wins with what should be one of the best game atmosphere's around here in a looong time ! 

The emergence of Jazaire Reed as a running threat has seriously upgraded Graham's offense since the beginning of the season.  He has developed into a serious running threat.  Teams focusing on Cousin will have to deal with Reed also.  Graham's defense has improved due to the fact that Dalton is back and folks are back in positions that they are comfortable with.  The line coming in at the beginning of the season was inexperienced and I think they have gotten better.  I'm sure both teams have improved throughout the season in different aspects of the game.  The ability of Meade to run the ball made the biggest difference in both the Richlands and Martinsville games to me.  He was able to get loose several times and keep the chains moving against Martinsville (like he did against Abingdon).  He didn't have much success against Richlands.  I believe the blocking schemes and lineplay have improved tremendously since the first time around and the defense has improved quite a bit.  Martinsville's line was huge (285 avg) and Graham held their own, despite a big size disadvantage.  Graham was in position to make plays, but the elusiveness of the runningbacks and athleticism of that receiver of theirs created some big plays against Graham.

Should be a battle, as stated before.... I can't wait.

It was a great game to watch last night with the Blues and Glenvar.  I was IMPRESSED with Booker's play.  He was the MVP last night IMO.  That final TD he scored,  I thought they have him, but he made that move and then scampered on down the field for the TD.  That TD and the throw by JLA to Scottie Ball were highlight reels for sure.  James White did a great  job running the ball last night. 

It is going to be a barn burner at Mitchell Stadium Friday night!!  I look for it to be chippy from the get go especially if the Gmen are taunting pregame. I would think  the refs would and should shut that down.   I cannot see the Richlands coaching staff letting that happen with the Blues.  Comparing the team's blowup helmet to taunting two entirely different things. 

The Blues have been here many times before, and  experience is always an asset.  I can assure you Coach Mance and staff started last night after the Glenvar game watching film and preparing for this game.  Both teams are evenly matched in personnel with speedsters and playmakers.  I think this game will be determined by the least turnovers and field position.  Either team with a short field is going to be dangerous to score.  The Blues are a physical team and the Gmen are a finesse team.  That being said I am going to give the edge to my Blues in this game. 

GO BLUES

LET'S FINISH

I've seen the pics, I just wanted to see them up close. I'm a big fan of the all white pants/jerseys/helmets.

There's a picture of them.

Then you would LOVE PMs road uniforms. The jersey sleeves, numbers and chin straps were Navy Blue, everything else was white

Nope we don't want to play in all white, both of our losses last year we wore white.  I am sure they are top of the line helmets for concussion protocol, but something about their design looks a little skewed to me. I guess its the "lighting R" that shows up so well on the Blue helmets and what a history they have.

Then you would LOVE PMs road uniforms. The jersey sleeves, numbers and chin straps were Navy Blue, everything else was white

I'm sure I would. But I didn't mean I'm just a fan of the Richlands color scheme for all white. I love all white with any secondary colors. Oklahoma state wore all white with orange and black accents a few weeks back and they were probably my favorite uniforms I've ever seen.

It was a great game to watch last night with the Blues and Glenvar.  I was IMPRESSED with Booker's play.  He was the MVP last night IMO.  That final TD he scored,  I thought they have him, but he made that move and then scampered on down the field for the TD.  That TD and the throw by JLA to Scottie Ball were highlight reels for sure.  James White did a great  job running the ball last night. 

It is going to be a barn burner at Mitchell Stadium Friday night!!  I look for it to be chippy from the get go especially if the Gmen are taunting pregame. I would think  the refs would and should shut that down.   I cannot see the Richlands coaching staff letting that happen with the Blues.  Comparing the team's blowup helmet to taunting two entirely different things. 

The Blues have been here many times before, and  experience is always an asset.  I can assure you Coach Mance and staff started last night after the Glenvar game watching film and preparing for this game.  Both teams are evenly matched in personnel with speedsters and playmakers.  I think this game will be determined by the least turnovers and field position.  Either team with a short field is going to be dangerous to score.  The Blues are a physical team and the Gmen are a finesse team.  That being said I am going to give the edge to my Blues in this game. 

GO BLUES

LET'S FINISH

I'm in the minority, I know but I like Graham's pre-game "taunting", if you will.  Teams all across the country do similar stuff.  It's kids getting fired up for a game.  Like I said before, I've seen much more elaborate stuff at other schools, I guess that's why it's no big deal to me.  If it gets them fired up, I say go for it.

My favorite uniform look for the Blues is the white helmet,Blue jersey,  and white pants.  Don't like the all white for the reasons given, and the all blue I am just not as crazy about.

I believe the white ,blue , white is what they wore last night,  but you know,  I sat there and watched the game and was so into the game and talking to my friends sitting around me that i didn't really pay much attention to what they wore,  but i think I'm right on the white, blue,white.

Really do like the white helmet though !

My favorite uniform look for the Blues is the white helmet,Blue jersey, and white pants. Don't like the all white for the reasons given, and the all blue I am just not as crazy about.

I believe the white ,blue , white is what they wore last night, but you know, I sat there and watched the game and was so into the game and talking to my friends sitting around me that i didn't really pay much attention to what they wore, but i think I'm right on the white, blue,white.

Really do like the white helmet though !

As long as they dont wear what they had on in Abingdon. I think it was gray pants, white jersey and white helmet. Looked hideous.