week 3 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

I just don’t see it that way. He took a risk and clearly trusted his defense to hold them, which they did. I don’t think that call cost them the game. It’s early in the 2nd quarter and you have a whole game to change the outcome or that choice. 

If it was me, I would have taken the penalty yards on the play with 2 separate targeting calls. It makes it 2nd down again, but it’s 2nd and forever and maybe you don’t give up the pop pass to Jordan. 

But I don’t pretend to be a coach. So I won’t criticize him and run him down for making a choice to trust his guys. 

I understand where you are coming from. I would have taken the penalty too. I don't think you can take both of them because they were live ball penalties. But in that case and in the case of putting Webb in the Wildcat on 4th down you can at least see what he was thinking. I wouldn't have made those decisions either but I get why he did. The 4th down thing....no rational reason to do that up 6-0.

5 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Yep. Several of us had that discussion at the end of the 2019 season, and some took great offense to the suggestion.

Bad thing was we weren't talking trash about him just saying he would probably be a good WR with his athletic ability

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

If only a bunch of us could have been/be there for it

Should have come parked on the hillside! There were far more fans on the hill and in lawn chairs around the fence than were in the stands. 

I saw some pics from our side. Probably could have seen just as well and then the bulldog broadcast would have been 15 sec behind instead of ahead lol

You could hear there were quite a few fans there for both sided 😉

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I saw some pics from our side. Probably could have seen just as well and then the bulldog broadcast would have been 15 sec behind instead of ahead lol

You could hear there were quite a few fans there for both sided 😉

It was a great atmosphere. That game deserved it. 

35 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Acting like you know me. 

Think what you want, bro. You’re the boss. 

This has to be an elaborate troll job. You called me an armchair QB then get mad when I reply back. Everyone else in this thread has said it was a dumb decision and played a significant role in the outcome of the game. I'm far from dying on a hill alone. I have no idea what "acting like you know me" even means if you're being serious.

You're getting mad at people (well apparently just me. Its fine if anyone else calls it out) for questioning one of the most puzzling coaching decisions you'll ever see.

3 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I was thinking of another word to call it, but I'll refrain.

1 minute ago, stu_bean said:

I do try to maintain a certain level of professionalism on here. 😁

Proud of you guys

2 hours ago, GMan said:

I'm not watching the game, but I'm listening to UVAObserver doing the Tazewell broadcast on the Tazewell Bulldog Radio Network...he's telling me everything that's going on, and it's awesome.  He's new to the broadcasting game but he's the second best around for high school football behind The Legend, Jim Nelson.

This means more to me than you could ever know.  To be even in a discussion with a favorable comparison to such legends as Jim Nelson and Larry Hypes is touching and humbling.  It was just my 14th game behind the mic, and I’m always looking and working to get better.  Constructive criticism always appreciated!

I’m thankful for all the listeners in Bulldog Nation and from all around SWVA for tuning in today.  It’ll be one I remember when I’m old and have trouble remembering my kids’ names.

And I’m sorry for blowing a few ear drums.  My right ear is still ringing, 90 minutes after taking the headset off.  

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

This means more to me than you could ever know.  To be even in a discussion with a favorable comparison to such legends as Jim Nelson and Larry Hypes is touching and humbling.  It was just my 14th game behind the mic, and I’m always looking and working to get better.  Constructive criticism always appreciated!

I’m thankful for all the listeners in Bulldog Nation and from all around SWVA for tuning in today.  It’ll be one I remember when I’m old and have trouble remembering my kids’ names.

And I’m sorry for blowing a few ear drums.  My right ear is still ringing, 90 minutes after taking the headset off.  

You nailed the call, you could feel the excitement coming through the speakers...hell, even I got excited over Tazewell football today listening to you.  You have a brilliant future ahead of you behind the mic.  I'm certain that call will be remembered by all Tazewell fans for years to come!!

5 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It's a wonder you have any voice left after that broadcast. I know I'm quite squeaking after that one

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

I have mixed feelings about this whole parade thing. Lol

Congratulations to all of T-Town on a great win. Super happy for the whole community 

I think I know where you are coming from but it's more of a welcoming back since couldn't be there to celebrate in person. After years of suck it's great to have the community behind you showing support

2 minutes ago, GMan said:

You nailed the call, you could feel the excitement coming through the speakers...hell, even I got excited over Tazewell football today listening to you.  You have a brilliant future ahead of you behind the mic.  I'm certain that call will be remembered by all Tazewell fans for years to come!!

Good future if the lawyer bit doesn't work out lol