Week 1 updates

BearsFan88

RR 12 Fort Chiswell 7

RR first score came on punter bobbled snap at goal line and scooped for TD from 3yds out. RR next TD came just before halftime after Fort had bad snap from center. Fort had 3 fumble(TO’s), only one forced and to many penalties. RR zero TO’s. 12-7 at half. Forts last fumble at 30yd line of RR with 3 minutes to go.

Total yards RR 178 Fort Chiswell 219

4 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

A bit of an upset/surprise, Gretna beats Jefferson Forest 12-9 tonight.  That's two pretty big wins for Region C tonight with Glenvar and Gretna.  I expected both teams to lose their contests.    

I expected Glenvar to win with Galax being limited on practicing/scrimmaging due to covid issues. And Glenvar usually has massive lines and good power backs.

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

@Fairlawncat Have you seen a Floyd/Cburg score? I heard something early this week that Floyd may be battling covid issues but wasn’t sure. That game may not have been played.

I was getting ready to ask the same thing on here.  I heard last night that Christiansburg, not Floyd, might be battling Covid issues?  I would be surprised if Floyd beat them.  I understand Christiansburg is going to be pretty good from what I've heard.  Christiansburg might pull the W over Abingdon next weekend if Abingdon isn't careful.  I have been told C Burg returns most of their starters.

Just now, Fairlawncat said:

I was getting ready to ask the same thing on here.  I heard last night that Christiansburg, not Floyd, might be battling Covid issues?  I would be surprised if Floyd beat them.  I understand Christiansburg is going to be pretty good from what I've heard.

Yes this is the best Cburg team I’ve seen since 2012. I could see them going 9-1 or 8-2 at worse. 

Just now, SWVAgridiron said:

Yes this is the best Cburg team I’ve seen since 2012. I could see them going 9-1 or 8-2 at worse. 

Ok, that right there makes sense to me.  I haven't seen them, but two of my neighbors seen em scrimmage you guys, and told me C Burg will overtake Pulaski this year and even given Salem a competitive game.  Next weekend, Abingdon and Christiansburg figures to be an interesting game.  Abingdon might be in trouble.  Hard to say.  Tell you what, Abingdon's OC is worth 10 points.  It's as if they start every game up 10-0.   Incredibly gifted offensive guy.

7 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Ok, that right there makes sense to me.  I haven't seen them, but two of my neighbors seen em scrimmage you guys, and told me C Burg will overtake Pulaski this year and even given Salem a competitive game.  Next weekend, Abingdon and Christiansburg figures to be an interesting game.  Abingdon might be in trouble.  Hard to say.  Tell you what, Abingdon's OC is worth 10 points.  It's as if they start every game up 10-0.   Incredibly gifted offensive guy.

I watched Cburg scrimmage Pulaski and they absolutely destroyed them on offense and defense 

1 hour ago, oldfool said:

Glass pulled starters out so LB scores were basically garbage time scores

Seems like you guys will be the favorites when you meet. I don't think LB completely goes belly up but they obv a step down and I don't see Appomattox going backwards at all.

7 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Seems like you guys will be the favorites when you meet. I don't think LB completely goes belly up but they obv a step down and I don't see Appomattox going backwards at all.

LB looked like Appo did in 2019 when we played our first game against Buckingham. Appo turned it around after a rough start to go on and win state that year also. So keeping that in mind LB has time to come around and be a major hurdle for any team. LB is very young and i knew that this year, but i did not expect to see what i saw friday night. Glass shut their run attack down and LB does not have a passing game, quarterback is way off.