Battle vs Union

TaterHater

Work work work, Bunch could use some rest , he took some big hits Friday. Starting line should play whole game as well as defense. Anderson should get some reps with starters in and get him ready if he is needed and he adds a different wrinkle as a runner

2 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Work work work, Bunch could use some rest , he took some big hits Friday. Starting line should play whole game as well as defense. Anderson should get some reps with starters in and get him ready if he is needed and he adds a different wrinkle as a runner

Don't risk injury. Get to a running clock, and get the starters out.  

You can approach it with the mentality of securing the win early with the Big Lead by doing what you do and not risking injury and getting your starters out at halftime and getting ready for the playoffs, OR.......you can do what you need to work on, and that's a short-intermediate passing game. I would choose option 2. 

Pass the ball early. Work on timing, routes, accuracy, and on pass blocking which many forget about. When you are way, way, run oriented, and you do it even in practice, it's a whole other ballgame when you have to pass block in a game you need to pass it some to win. The inverse is true of Richlands over the years. They were very pass happy, and that's fine, but when you get into a playoff game where you need to run it to put it away (Appo 2015 I think it was), then it's a huge adjustment for an OL to all of a sudden run block when the overwhelmingly portion of the OLs practice reps is pass blocking.

Pass blocking and run blocking are way different, and watch Union some when they do pass. Forget about the WR route or accuracy of the pass, just watch how the QB is often under duress. That's due to insufficient reps and practice by the OL in pass blocking.

20 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Battle will shock the mtn 7 this week. Union has got worse thru out the year. The line couldn't block 5 blind women. And the defensive coordinator couldn't gameplan for a pnut football game. 

Battle is the worst team in 2D by at least two scores; let's not get silly here.

If I'm Union, I'm working on blocking and tackling and staying healthy this week.  Re-Group for the playoffs.  The potential for Union is through the roof, they are their own worst enemy this season, it seems.  Last season, they pulled it together when the playoffs started, I would expect no less from them this season.

1 hour ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Battle will shock the mtn 7 this week. Union has got worse thru out the year. The line couldn't block 5 blind women. And the defensive coordinator couldn't gameplan for a pnut football game. 

Are you using reverse psychology to light a fire under Union? I’m fairly certain JB is not shocking anyone this week, lol! 

4 hours ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

You can approach it with the mentality of securing the win early with the Big Lead by doing what you do and not risking injury and getting your starters out at halftime and getting ready for the playoffs, OR.......you can do what you need to work on, and that's a short-intermediate passing game. I would choose option 2. 

Pass the ball early. Work on timing, routes, accuracy, and on pass blocking which many forget about. When you are way, way, run oriented, and you do it even in practice, it's a whole other ballgame when you have to pass block in a game you need to pass it some to win. The inverse is true of Richlands over the years. They were very pass happy, and that's fine, but when you get into a playoff game where you need to run it to put it away (Appo 2015 I think it was), then it's a huge adjustment for an OL to all of a sudden run block when the overwhelmingly portion of the OLs practice reps is pass blocking.

Pass blocking and run blocking are way different, and watch Union some when they do pass. Forget about the WR route or accuracy of the pass, just watch how the QB is often under duress. That's due to insufficient reps and practice by the OL in pass blocking.

I would also go with option 2. Union has good running backs. They do not have good blocking backs. I'd also work on LB play they need some serious work.  

OLBs were caught inside too many times. No way you run lead seven 10 times in a ball game for 150 yards and say the LBS had a good game. LB's more often than none were getting blocked where they stood vs at the LOS filling the gap. Abg's fullback ate their lunch all night long.

Olb's caught inside almost every time on that lead.  Inside lbs taking on fb, nobody there to make play.  Quotient say fb are their lunch, watch again,  almost every lead play,  took on,  nobody there.  Several times knocked fb on his backside. Personally think fbs are soft,  union just don't have that big show stopper in the trenches.  Need some big bodies to step up, or at least the ones there stay in his position. Come down to calls from the sideline.  Don't think enough prep work was done for them to have a legitimate shot.  On a side note,  looked like the stupid extra-curricular penalties thought gone are still here.  Discipline is an issue.  Can't make physical plays during the play but go all out on stupid stuff.   

Union will beat battle handily but as it has done so many times, will leave nothing but false hope in the fan base. It will be another round 1 or 2 exit. You want to see teams progress throughout the year. This team has regressed significantly. 

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

They need to get Davis going on the end also.  That boy is way too big and strong to not be getting thru blocks and putting pressure on QB.  I know he was hurt early but he's been back a month now

He looked hurt, moving like an old man.He took plays off when we ran right, he sure acted like his knee was bothering him again

12 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

He looked hurt, moving like an old man.He took plays off when we ran right, he sure acted like his knee was bothering him again

Yeah he does still look like he's limping a bit 

13 hours ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

Union will beat battle handily but as it has done so many times, will leave nothing but false hope in the fan base. It will be another round 1 or 2 exit. You want to see teams progress throughout the year. This team has regressed significantly. 

I think we'll get out of round 1 not a definite though but Graham will beat us pretty easy.  You're not beating a good team turning the ball over and getting holding penalties 7-10 times a game.  Also graham QB will rush for 200 yards on our defense

6 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I think we'll get out of round 1 not a definite though but Graham will beat us pretty easy.  You're not beating a good team turning the ball over and getting holding penalties 7-10 times a game.  Also graham QB will rush for 200 yards on our defense

Hard to beat a good team twice. Union will play their best game against Graham.