Bradshaw

Hokiebird7

19 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Did he commit to Notre Dame? If so I must have missed that part...I know they were interested but never heard of an actual commitment

No,  Offered by Notre Dame, but no commit yet.  UVA fans aren't going to want to hear this, but if all things are equal, (the kids is kind of 50-50) then ND is the better choice.  It's not UVA academically, but it's not chump change and it's certainly good enough.  He will also get to play for one of the best coaches in the United States (who I truly can't hardly stand).  But, Kelly can coach, just no buts about it.  Lots to weigh.  Better recruits come to Notre Dame also, so playing time early in career may not be as easy to come by as it is Virginia.  

Kid has to do what he wants to do.  I would like to see of these local kids BE DIFFERENT.  The UVA thing has been done, and worked out well for a kid like Mullens (former 2 or 3 year starter at UVA), Hamm from Fort Chiswelll, etc.  But, some of the SWVA kids have done the Tech thing, done the WVU thing (Mike Compton, Richlands, All American), Marshall etc, Tennessee for Thomas, and one from Richlands years ago, Gate City with the Tech kids, Journell to Tech.  I want to see one of them go to a historical national power like Notre Dame.  T. Jones to UVA, but pull a Julius and go play for the Irish.  I think Bradshaw is truly good enough (just my opinion ) that it doesn't matter where.  He will play and do well.

8 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Reason I asked is cause in write ups today in Roanoke times Robert Anderson said ND commit...just making sure I hadn't missed it

Everything I've read and people I've talked to in Bluefield say it's a two horse race with UVA and Notre Dame.  Nothing on his twitter page says commit yet though.  I think the RT writer jumped the gun some.  Also, from just what I've been told by Graham fans, it's UVA, not Notre Dame, who has led throughout the process.

4 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I mean, that’s where he’s going.  Ranks up there with the worst kept secrets in SWVA history.

Maybe so but you don't say it unless the kid has already said it either....I don't care where he goes but if it's not been said by Bradshaw then don't put it in the parer IMO

45 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Maybe so but you don't say it unless the kid has already said it either....I don't care where he goes but if it's not been said by Bradshaw then don't put it in the parer IMO

It shouldn’t be published in a professional media outlet, but if he thinks there’s any suspense in that announcement…that ship’s done sailed.

15 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Tech's ineptitude in recruiting locally is part of the reason they are in the state they are in.

See Cam Allen.

See Javon Scruggs, Appo/Liberty, he's going to play Sunday ball. Sean Martin, WVU, Bluefield, VT offered very late. Same with Meadows from Graham. 

The Moron in Blacksburg...I hope the door causes a bad wound as it hits him on the a## as he is leaving Blacksburg.

5 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

Sources close to me say that Tech is finally in the mix for Xay's services, as well as Vanderbilt. 

If Tech would run off the rockhead and get his dumb arse out the door, maybe Tech would be in the mix for FAR more players that initially gave the no-no.

One thing of importance, whether some Tech fans like it or don't like it, Sonny Dykes is in the discussion.  He is one of the guys on Tech's radar.  Whether they get him or don't get him, I have no idea, but I know this, it could change things, or at least cause Wide Receiver and QB recruits to give Virginia Tech another look, because they are throwing it, PERIOD.  The ball is going in the air.  SMU's passing offense and total offense were top 10 in the nation as of one week ago.  So, if VT chose to go that route and landed Dykes, that may serve Tech well, or at least increase their chances a little bit with some recruits.

14 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

If Tech would run off the rockhead and get his dumb arse out the door, maybe Tech would be in the mix for FAR more players that initially gave the no-no.

One thing of importance, whether some Tech fans like it or don't like it, Sonny Dykes is in the discussion.  He is one of the guys on Tech's radar.  Whether they get him or don't get him, I have no idea, but I know this, it could change things, or at least cause Wide Receiver and QB recruits to give Virginia Tech another look, because they are throwing it, PERIOD.  The ball is going in the air.  SMU's passing offense and total offense were top 10 in the nation as of one week ago.  So, if VT chose to go that route and landed Dykes, that may serve Tech well, or at least increase their chances a little bit with some recruits.

Doubt they get him...now Texas tech may

22 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

I think they should go after Saban lol.  100 million a year should do it

If you're a power 5 school and you aren't grabbing someone from the SEC you are doing it wrong IMO. Neil Brown will be gone. Fuente obviously gonna be gone. I would grab someone, anyone, from Bama. I'd do that until there is someone that's successful. Shouldn't require too many tries with someone from there.

52 minutes ago, -oo- said:

If you're a power 5 school and you aren't grabbing someone from the SEC you are doing it wrong IMO. Neil Brown will be gone. Fuente obviously gonna be gone. I would grab someone, anyone, from Bama. I'd do that until there is someone that's successful. Shouldn't require too many tries with someone from there.

Keep in mind Jeremy Pruitt came from Bama. No thanks.

16 minutes ago, CPF said:

Keep in mind Jeremy Pruitt came from Bama. No thanks.

Jimbo Fisher (national title winner), Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, Brian Daboll, Lane Kiffin, Sark, Mike Locksley,  I could go on. You'll hit a lot more than you'll miss going with a Bama guy