Bradshaw

Hokiebird7

On 11/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, BigWinners said:

Jimbo Fisher (national title winner), Kirby Smart, Mel Tucker, Brian Daboll, Lane Kiffin, Sark, Mike Locksley,  I could go on. You'll hit a lot more than you'll miss going with a Bama guy

Locksley? 🤣🤣🤣  

Stretch Armstrong over here with that reach.

5 minutes ago, CPF said:

Virginia Tech coaches will be in Bluefield tonight scouting Zay in person. Will another offer be forthcoming?

Those dumb a$$es shouldn't have to drive 60 minutes with only a couple of months left before signing day to decide whether they are going to offer him or not. The evidence has been there for 2 years. If Notre Dame can see it, well......I trust their judgment over Tech, and it's another Fuente failure that they are this late in the game.. Hopefully, when talking about VT coaches coming up to Mount Mitchell, you meant Sonny Dykes or Jeff Grimes were flying in from Texas.

Just irritates the heck out of me. Another slap in the face to Southwest VA by good Fu.  Now, if the Hokies were to nail down Sonny Dykes, then I'm sold on Bradshaw in that system. Dude could possibly have absolute field days full of fireworks in that offense. Now that I think about it, just any modern offense of which the old offensive genius "Fu" is inept with would do.

1 hour ago, CPF said:

Virginia Tech coaches will be in Bluefield tonight scouting Zay in person. Will another offer be forthcoming?

If not, I have lost even more respect for the Tech program.  He has bigger and better offers already. He ahould get some early targets and touches.  Graham may have 50 by half.  If I'm Graham, after this week, Bradshaw gets more targets.

4 minutes ago, redtiger said:

No, it's too late. It was pretty obvious when the kid was a Freshman that he could play, VT should have been talking to him then. He's literally in their back yard

Agree.... probably one of those "we offered him but he went elsewhere" things...save face on a huge mistake by saying we offered him...god Fuente and Co are a bunch of clueless idiots...Babcock's arrogant ass included

20 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree.... probably one of those "we offered him but he went elsewhere" things...save face on a huge mistake by saying we offered him...god Fuente and Co are a bunch of clueless idiots...Babcock's arrogant ass included

Far SWVA doesn't produce a ton of top D1 talent but other than Mitchell(and they were late on him) it seems like everyone of that caliber for the past 2 decades has gotten away from VT.  That can't happen. 

Bradshaw, Meadows

Jenkins(GC), Beavers, Lomax - idk if they can play at that level but Tech should be at least looking at them.

It's shameful imo, and if as a program you're gonna have a motto like "This is Home" then you need to live by it and recruit home kids.

13 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Far SWVA doesn't produce a ton of top D1 talent but other than Mitchell(and they were late on him) it seems like everyone of that caliber for the past 2 decades has gotten away from VT.  That can't happen. 

Bradshaw, Meadows

Jenkins(GC), Beavers, Lomax - idk if they can play at that level but Tech should be at least looking at them.

It's shameful.imo, and if as a program you're gonna have a motto like "This is Home" then you need to live by it and recruit home kids.

Agree 100%....and on the ones that are on the line of D1 or not(a Lomax, Jenkins type)....offer a PWO and see if they are D1 or not....if they are great...if not then not much lost IMO...but it's a chance you have to take

THOMAS JONES was told he is not div 1 he still owns records at UVA, J JONES his brother was told he would never see the field at NOTRE DAME. both were drafted and played in the NFL, HEATH MILLER,and east TN JASON WHITTEN all had great careers ,so this SWVA has no chance or talent thing kills me.LOMAX can play with anyone, same with BRADSHAW,BEAVERS ECT....look at APPO. loads of talented kids as well as VA HIGH

12 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

THOMAS JONES was told he is not div 1 he still owns records at UVA, J JONES his brother was told he would never see the field at NOTRE DAME. both were drafted and played in the NFL, HEATH MILLER,and east TN JASON WHITTEN all had great careers ,so this SWVA has no chance or talent thing kills me.LOMAX can play with anyone, same with BRADSHAW,BEAVERS ECT....look at APPO. loads of talented kids as well as VA HIGH

Who told Thomas Jones he wouldn't play D1? Don't believe that for a second

If true I'd love to meet the dumbest person in the world

44 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Who told Thomas Jones he wouldn't play D1? Don't believe that for a second

If true I'd love to meet the dumbest person in the world

I recall seeing Thomas Jones in the back of a sports illustrated magazine when he was a sophomore in High School along with some other High School athletes, something they did regularly back when I actually read sports illustrated.  It was just pictures of future athletes to "look for" with a couple of statements beneath each.  I'm sure he was on the radar of D-1 schools.

Tech has offered some of these kids a PWO.  But Many of the kids with full offers choose not to publicly announce or put on social media there PWOs in fear of other schools offering the same thing.   Tech is notoriously late to offer athletes  in SWVA or bypass them  completely and that is a problem. Hopefully the recent success of Mitchell , Cam , chance Harris , and others will dispel some of the stereotypes around our area.  

11 hours ago, redtiger said:

Bradshaw, Meadows

It's shameful.imo, and if as a program you're gonna have a motto like "This is Home" then you need to live by it and recruit home kids.

And, to boot, isn’t the DC from Clintwood or Haysi????  I don’t think they were serious about the Adkins kid either.

19 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

TBH, VT is pretty infamous for that, as well as the “we pulled his offer” when the kid obviously wasn’t coming there.