Round 2 Updates

SWVAgridiron

James Monre and Doddridge Co. still scoreless after 3.

Doddridge has had it inside JM's 25 at least 3 different times and turned it over on downs twice and threw an INT in the endzone on another trip.  JM has had it inside Doddridge's 30 once and turned it out on downs as well.

start of the 4th, Doddridge ball on the JM 45

5 hours ago, Mr. Gross to da man said:

Well if you take away the players that are from; Mt. View, Oak Hill, Lord Botetourt, Princeton. Those teams can beat graham too.

When a program gets known for winning and people liking the coach, it attracts other players and parents. If no one is transferring into your program or you have people leaving your program, it speaks volumes about your program and your coach. Kids actually recruit other kids to their program. Winning, along with the possibility of playing for a state title is awfully appealing to a lot of kids. #whyyoumadbro

Yeah I'm not rock solid on my stance but I don't see a problem with transfers, stuff happens family's relocate. Although I will say there were alot of salty Graham fans when I was in high school on this board because of transfers to Richlands. It seems to be okay with everyone....as long as it benefits you!

5 minutes ago, Battleborn said:

Yeah I'm not rock solid on my stance but I don't see a problem with transfers, stuff happens family's relocate. Although I will say there were alot of salty Graham fans when I was in high school on this board because of transfers to Richlands. It seems to be okay with everyone....as long as it benefits you!

I don't disagree with your statement about Graham fans and Richlands for a while. I think it goes back to what I said, as the program goes, winning, etc., players want to come. Graham is benefitting from their success. It is the current climate and much worse in larger cities with multiple HS. I would have a problem with it if coaches were making calls and getting people housing and jobs like the old days.

36 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I don't disagree with your statement about Graham fans and Richlands for a while. I think it goes back to what I said, as the program goes, winning, etc., players want to come. Graham is benefitting from their success. It is the current climate and much worse in larger cities with multiple HS. I would have a problem with it if coaches were making calls and getting people housing and jobs like the old days.

I'm sure it still happens ..not saying any particular team does it but it still happens

3 hours ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Looking back today ... you were pretty close on the score! 😉

Yeah I don't think Graham is that much better than Union but I'm not sure what happened seemed like a few players kinda quit putting in any effort.

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah I don't think Graham is that much better than Union but I'm not sure what happened seemed like a few players kinda quit putting in any effort.

Saw Union vs. Gate City in September. Was a real homecoming for me since we just moved back to the area (Kingsport) from Roanoke area in July. 

GC, they gave an effort, one they didn’t need to give as GC was so bad. 

Central game they looked like they didn’t want to be at the game.