Until its done we must start a petition.

Vol Hater

4 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Yes that is true and a very stupid rule wise county has.

That is a very stupid rule. Graham only has three coaches that work for the school system I believe. I get the premise behind wanting teachers as coaches but you won’t always have qualified teachers who are also qualified to coach. There has to be a happy medium. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

That is a very stupid rule. Graham only has three coaches that work for the school system I believe. I get the premise behind wanting teachers as coaches but you won’t always have qualified teachers who are also qualified to coach. There has to be a happy medium. 

It makes no sense to me at all. You got two coaches on the 7th and 8th grade staff and thats only to keep their son from going somewhere else. I guess we will just enjoy going to the playoffs each year and watching someone else win state each year. I do not and I repeat do not want to see Travis Turner go anywhere but some of those other coaches must go.

1 hour ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

It makes no sense to me at all. You got two coaches on the 7th and 8th grade staff and thats only to keep their son from going somewhere else. I guess we will just enjoy going to the playoffs each year and watching someone else win state each year. I do not and I repeat do not want to see Travis Turner go anywhere but some of those other coaches must go.

Turner could do 1 of 2 things and keep everyone happy. 

1. As the Head Coach, he decides to take over offensive play calling and he travels this summer somewhere to upgrade his offense to being still a conservative offense, but an offense that is diverse, and employs some screens and misdirection.

2. If not number one above, hire an offensive coordinator. Go find one, get him hired, or go get one who is qualified, but will not teach. 

Turner could fire the entire staff, and that still isn't fixing the offensive problems. You have to get some kind of offensive mind in there and if Turner can't find one, then he needs to take on the task himself and go to coaching clinics in the summer of which there are an abundance of around the country, and he installs and runs the offense himself, then teaches it to his assistants while he still calls the plays.

Turner calls the O, and getting back to a earlier post(not sure if on this thread or another thread) Union does run some Read Option with Bunch and has a fairly robust shotgun multiple WR package that they utilize. 

Just talked to whole staff; next season they've agreed to only call td plays on offense.  On the defensive side. They will only call sacks and int's. Special teams, will only recieve one kickoff a game,  no punts due to insane defense. This should fix everything. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Just talked to whole staff; next season they've agreed to only call td plays on offense.  On the defensive side. They will only call sacks and int's. Special teams, will only recieve one kickoff a game,  no punts due to insane defense. This should fix everything. 

Its that easy right?   Hell, I wonder why everyone doesn't just do it that way? 

One thing to remember Union has had some awesome teams since he’s been there, but they have had some serious competition to. Graham, Appo, and Clarke County is high level competition. Matchups matter. 
For example, Clintwood won state in 2011, but the better team was the 2010 team. 2011 just had better matchups for that team in the playoffs. 
I would say that Union could make some changes, but come playoff time it does matter the type of team you’re playing.

Union has had only 1 legit team who could've won State so no we don't need a new coach but I do agree about the DC.  Football in our area is very run oriented and to run a 3 man front to me does seem odd.  I was excited for next season thinking the JV Quarterback would help open up the passing game but found out he's not gonna be the starter now so I guess he'll be transferring to Central.  

22 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

All of the assistant coaches are not employed by Wise Co schools, but the main ones are. At least one works for another school district.

Yeah there's no way they all could work for wise co. schools because the county doesn't have that many teachers.  I'm thinking they just wanna get in the game for free

Bluefield Reseacher, will all due respect, Uncle Percy says you are wrong.  There’s more than 33 expert coaches on here.  Also, Cousins Claude and Delbert have came up with the solution to solve the so called problems at Union.  Fire all the coaches and make Union’s Hammer the head and only Union Coach.  

16 hours ago, huh said:

Sounds to me like the fans of Union have all the problems figured out, Turner should listen to them and see how things go haha.

No we don't have it figured out but Stevie wonder himself could see that the defensive coordinator aint working. Hell that same defensive coordinator told kids at school he had a dream the night before the 1st Graham game of what defense to run and it didn't work. I guess he is not like mlk at all.

23 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

At least there is a definitive "plan" in place! 🤔🤔🤔😉 That is a start. 

8 hours ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

No we don't have it figured out but Stevie wonder himself could see that the defensive coordinator aint working. Hell that same defensive coordinator told kids at school he had a dream the night before the 1st Graham game of what defense to run and it didn't work. I guess he is not like mlk at all.

How exactly would you have stopped Graham?

1st I would use the 2014 NCAA game plan instead of Madden 22. Just overall better game plan. 2nd for the love of God realized sooner to get out of the 3 man front. Hey but what do I know I'm just a little nobody fan. Don't have a college degree in art or PE and an expert in coaching. Just saying.