Appomattox/Graham II, Electric Boogaloo

Deleted Account

Am I seeing the box scores for the past couple of games correctly?  Appomattox only attempted 5 passes against Radford and only 5 passes against Glenvar in their past 2 contests?  I know their QB injured his shoulder early in the season and am wondering if it is limiting the passing attack of the Raiders or if it is just the fact that they did not need to go away from the running game?

10 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Am I seeing the box scores for the past couple of games correctly?  Appomattox only attempted 5 passes against Radford and only 5 passes against Glenvar in their past 2 contests?  I know their QB injured his shoulder early in the season and am wondering if it is limiting the passing attack of the Raiders or if it is just the fact that they did not need to go away from the running game?

Probably a whole lot of "they can't stop it so lets not abandon it" 

I'll be toting all the drinks, halftime snacks, and after game snacks for the team down.  

If y'all see a slate blue Tundra with Smith Strong and the Appomattox A on it please leave the tires alone. 😁

I'll also have post games snacks.  Will they let me drive up next tot the locker room.  I know they have a road that goes up there. 

Besides being at home, the biggest advantage that Graham has in this game is taking away Appo's biggest advantage before they even step off the bus. The same advantage they've had in nearly every game since 2015...speed. They will be on equal footing, and don't underestimate what that takes away from them. They won't be able to out athlete Graham, and they won't win on the D line either. This game will come down to Appo's O line vs the GMen's D line. Glenvar did an excellent job stuffing the inside run, but they made too many mistakes to win the game.

If Graham can stuff the run AND contain the QB keepers, they win, simple as that. If the Raiders start getting just 3 and 4 yards a carry in the first half, they will pull away in the 2nd. Graham has to take advantage of every opportunity because they won't get many as Appo is the model of consistency and mistake free football.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Besides being at home, the biggest advantage that Graham has in this game is taking away Appo's biggest advantage before they even step off the bus. The same advantage they've had in nearly every game since 2015...speed. They will be on equal footing, and don't underestimate what that takes away from them. They won't be able to out athlete Graham, and they won't win on the D line either. This game will come down to Appo's O line vs the GMen's D line. Glenvar did an excellent job stuffing the inside run, but they made too many mistakes to win the game.

If Graham can stuff the run AND contain the QB keepers, they win, simple as that. If the Raiders start getting just 3 and 4 yards a carry in the first half, they will pull away in the 2nd. Graham has to take advantage of every opportunity because they won't get many as Appo is the model of consistency and mistake free football.

From looking at some of the highlights on Appo vs Glenvar the biggest takeaway I saw was "tackling" Glenvar was getting penetration just couldn't tackle them well. 

2 hours ago, Graham32 said:

From looking at some of the highlights on Appo vs Glenvar the biggest takeaway I saw was "tackling" Glenvar was getting penetration just couldn't tackle them well. 

And that's not all on Glenvar. Lawing and Scruggs are/were very hard to bring down. Bigger, stronger and tougher than they seem.

If Graham plays their A game, they'll win. B- won't do.

45 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

And that's not all on Glenvar. Lawing and Scruggs are/were very hard to bring down. Bigger, stronger and tougher than they seem.

If Graham plays their A game, they'll win. B- won't do.

Agree and Lawing is very fast, has a long stride.  He gets to the edge very well.  Gotta take that edge away.  He may be still wearing a brace for his throwing shoulder from an early season injury.  But the throws he does make look good, can't let Davin or Pennix get behind the secondary or let Pennix get to the edge, both very fast.  Graham will be the best defense they have faced since their opener and fastest defense for sure.  Graham needs a big game from their D-Line.  In 2019 Graham was a bit overmatched on the line and Appo took away the running game and getting to the edge from Lester and  forced Graham to throw.  Most of what Graham threw were deeper patterns and that didn't work out too well.  I look for Graham to have a much  better push from the line from both sides of the ball.  Appo has a lot of speed on defense and I doubt the G men can do much in the run game around the edges but should do well between yhe tackles.  If Appo loads the box, then target Bradshaw and Watkins until they double Bradshaw then run it off tackle again.  I think it all depends on the run game for Graham.  If they double Bradshaw, I believe Graham will have success on the ground.  If they leave him man to man - well, he isn't getting recruited by Notre Dame for nothing- he will make plays.  He needs to touch the ball a lot in this game, either running or receiving.  

50 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

If they leave him man to man - well, he isn't getting recruited by Notre Dame for nothing-  

LOL!  I'm sure he is extremely dangerous.  He burnt us for one two years ago.

8 minutes ago, BoBob said:

LOL!  I'm sure he is extremely dangerous.  He burnt us for one two years ago.

Hope you guys mess around and find out how dangerous he is....lmaooo 

5 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Agree and Lawing is very fast, has a long stride.  He gets to the edge very well.  Gotta take that edge away.  He may be still wearing a brace for his throwing shoulder from an early season injury.  But the throws he does make look good, can't let Davin or Pennix get behind the secondary or let Pennix get to the edge, both very fast.  Graham will be the best defense they have faced since their opener and fastest defense for sure.  Graham needs a big game from their D-Line.  

I'm hoping our D line has the game of the season come Saturday because we are going to need it against Appo.  The D is capable of limiting Appo's success but they need to execute well! No sloppy half a$$ tackling, no missed assignments, or blown coverage. I think Graham can win if they bring their A game and hopefully they bring their A++++++++ game and leave no doubt! 🤞

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'm hoping our D line has the game of the season come Saturday because we are going to need it against Appo.  The D is capable of limiting Appo's success but they need to execute well! No sloppy half a$$ tackling, no missed assignments, or blown coverage. I think Graham can win if they bring their A game and hopefully they bring their A++++++++ game and leave no doubt! 🤞

I agree.  Can't take any plays off.  The secondary has looked very good, some lazy tackling once in a while.  Limiting Lomax the way they did afterhe had just come off of a 400+ yard performance and the way they contained Stevie Thomas  is encouraging.  Ridgeview picked them apart a bit until Graham went back to what they do.  After those first 2 series, they looked great against Ridgeviews passing attack (which is very good).  Going to have to defend the run and pass Saturday (primarily the run and the QB breaking containment) 

The Gmen and tackling have been mentioned more than a few times here. You always have to tackle, but needs emphasis here because Graham will be playing Arguably the best running back it has seen all year in Pennix. I know Lomax is a stud, but this guy has explosive quicks, speed, and strength and he's major D1. Recently, being recruited more as a defensive back, but equally talented offensively and Graham doesn't have the luxury of missing the tackle here only for 2 more guys who are athletic to quickly run him down and keep the gain to 15 yds instead of a touchdown. With this guy, you miss a tackle or two and he houses it.  Same for Appo with Bradshaw. Different caliber athlete where one mistake can cost you.

@Union_Fan @jarhead24219 @BearsFan88 @goose111874any of you know if Appo practiced at the park the night before the playoff game in 2017? Only asking because I heard Appo had acquired practice time at Mitchell for tomorrow night. That just seems weird that the visiting team would be afforded the privilege of practicing on the home team’s field the night before a playoff game. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

@Union_Fan @jarhead24219 @BearsFan88 @goose111874any of you know if Appo practiced at the park the night before the playoff game in 2017? Only asking because I heard Appo had acquired practice time at Mitchell for tomorrow night. That just seems weird that the visiting team would be afforded the privilege of practicing on the home team’s field the night before a playoff game. 

That is odd.  Usually the visiting team, if traveling will stop somewhere along the route to practice.

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

That is odd.  Usually the visiting team, if traveling will stop somewhere along the route to practice.

I may be totally misinformed but if it’s true, it is kind of odd that they even asked. I’m like you, visiting teams usually stop and practice somewhere along the way. 

20 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Wonder how much money Bluefield made off one practice? $10k? Oh wait, they probably did it out of the goodness of their heart.

14 hours ago, BoBob said:

I'll be toting all the drinks, halftime snacks, and after game snacks for the team down.  

If y'all see a slate blue Tundra with Smith Strong and the Appomattox A on it please leave the tires alone. 😁

I'll also have post games snacks.  Will they let me drive up next tot the locker room.  I know they have a road that goes up there. 

Only if you share the snacks.

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don't think they did but I could be wrong.  Even Union doesn't practice on it

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If I remember correctly, they practiced at J.I. Burton.