Train horn?????

Vol Hater

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Donate the horn to Graham for Saturday. It really echos in Mitchell Stadium and the guys on the other side of the field will fear for their life when they hear it. 

Appo hates noise. 😂 They had someone come over in 2019 & tell our band to quit playing while Appo was on offense. I only know that because I was sitting on the end of the bleachers next to the band. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Appo hates noise. 😂 They had someone come over in 2019 & tell our band to quit playing while Appo was on offense. I only know that because I was sitting on the end of the bleachers next to the band. 

Oh brother. How absurd. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

The white hat referee went to both band directors and told them. I was standing next to Appo's band director when he did.

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Good teams worry about train horns.  Great teams worry about their December plans.

I consider Union a great program just keep getting beat by state championship teams or at least teams that make it to state

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I consider Union a great program just keep getting beat by state championship teams or at least teams that make it to state

Factual statement...I wish I had a train horn for Saturday 😂 but I'm  only worried about what happens on the field. I mean unless there's a brawl in the stands as opposed to Applebees, then I'm there ready to video for the board's viewing pleasure 😂

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Uncle Percy says that sounds like something those whining wimps at West Roanoke would pull.

Uncle Percy Geography Lesson:  West Roanoke is what all you know nothing whiny politically correct Mamby Pamby Millennials call Salem.  Also known as Whinersville.

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Factual statement...I wish I had a train horn for Saturday 😂 but I'm  only worried about what happens on the field. I mean unless there's a brawl in the stands as opposed to Applebees, then I'm there ready to video for the board's viewing pleasure 😂

Yes definitely record any brawls in case I can't make it

1 minute ago, ghos88t said:

Uncle Percy says that sounds like something those whining wimps at West Roanoke would pull.

Uncle Percy Geography Lesson:  West Roanoke is what all you know nothing whiny politically correct Mamby Pamby Millennials call Salem.  Also known as Whinersville.

Akso known as the city of champions...title town...total dominance...you choose

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

While I will say Appo may not like noise I was disappointed when I went to the first Graham/Union game this year and the PA announcer told Union’s band to stop playing 🥴 I’ve never heard an announcer say that. 

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Akso known as the city of champions...title town...total dominance...you choose

City of Champions?????  City of Whiny Wimps.  Champions don’t go crying and whining to get the VHSL to move playoff sites because they are afraid they are going to lose like Salem did to Grundy in 1996.  A true champion reaches down for that little extra to overcome an obstacle to be a winner. A wimp arse loser whines, complains, makes excuses, and tries to get things changed to their advantage or to disadvantage their opponent. 

As for City of Champions, you might ought to check out how many state championships Martinsville has in football and basketball and Grundy has in wrestling (20 plus). 

Hokiebird, after reading some of your rude comments to a couple of posters on this site, we have figured  you out and which of the above is the best fit for you. Uncle Percy says you need to change your handle to Arrogant Peacock.

Mr. GMan, Uncle Percy says to cash in all of his Mulligans if you think this is too bad or just go ahead and slam The Hammer.  

45 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

While I will say Appo may not like noise I was disappointed when I went to the first Graham/Union game this year and the PA announcer told Union’s band to stop playing 🥴 I’ve never heard an announcer say that. 

That never happened. I asked the Graham band not to play when Graham had the ball but I have never said anything to any visiting band except to announce them before the game or at half time.

9 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

That never happened. I asked the Graham band not to play when Graham had the ball but I have never said anything to any visiting band except to announce them before the game or at half time.

That is true. Never said anything about the visiting band.

4 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I apologize then. I thought that was directed towards Unions band. Everyone disregard my previous statement.

You know I got to thinking. I suppose IF Union's band was there AND they were playing (most likely) AND I was not specific about which band I was asking (I don't remember my exact words) I could see how Union's band could misconstrue my intent. If that is the case then I apologize for not making my intent clear. For instance, if I said, "Will the band stop playing while Graham has the ball"?. Then who could be sure which band was being asked? Now if I said something like "Will our band", or "Will Graham's band" the it would have been clearer.