Graham vs King William VA 2A State Championship

Graham32

17 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I can’t see KW going one on one with Bradshaw. I could be wrong. 

They won't do it initially. They'll try to stop Grahams run initially with help over the top with Bradshaw. After getting gashed, They'll come out of it and add more to the box, could be wrong though.

I wouldn't discount Claiborne being able to match up with Bradshaw. They're both insanely fast but Claiborne won the 100M at the state track meet and possesses elite speed. He's also a little more physical, having a bigger frame. He may can play with Bradshaw 1-on-1, we will just have to see. But they will likely have help over the top if possible, why take a chance with a player of Bradshaws capability  

58 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I wouldn't discount Claiborne being able to match up with Bradshaw. They're both insanely fast but Claiborne won the 100M at the state track meet and possesses elite speed. He's also a little more physical, having a bigger frame. He may can play with Bradshaw 1-on-1, we will just have to see. But they will likely have help over the top if possible, why take a chance with a player of Bradshaws capability  

Difference in track speed and route running and route defense. Richard Sherman is one of the best to ever do it, but only ran a 4.56 forty. D'Angelo Hall once won the fastest man in the NFL contest, world class forty speed,, yet his covering ability nowhere close to Sherman's. Add to that Bradshaws athletic ability and his hands, ability to High point the football, and route running, jumping ability, and that can still be a major miss match for a Div 1 running back to cover a Div 1 wide receiver. But, no way to know for sure until they play. Unless a team has a sure Div 1 Defensive Back, I think it's playing with fire trying to cover Bradshaw 1 on 1.

45 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Difference in track speed and route running and route defense. Richard Sherman is one of the best to ever do it, but only ran a 4.56 forty. D'Angelo Hall once won the fastest man in the NFL contest, world class forty speed,, yet his covering ability nowhere close to Sherman's. Add to that Bradshaws athletic ability and his hands, ability to High point the football, and route running, jumping ability, and that can still be a major miss match for a Div 1 running back to cover a Div 1 wide receiver. But, no way to know for sure until they play. Unless a team has a sure Div 1 Defensive Back, I think it's playing with fire trying to cover Bradshaw 1 on 1.

But it's not like Graham is running these exotic routes down the field, esp with the injury uncertainties at QB. I understand your point that speed doesn't always mean the most to DBs, but Claiborne knowing his speed could be more confident than some other players who are beaten before the snap. If Claiborne thinks Bradshaw is only gonna run streaks, deep posts or hitch and go routes, maybe KW feels confident he can keep up with him and commits another player to defending the run. I dunno, I'm not saying he is gonna shut down Bradshaw, only that KW is the only team that Graham will have faced that has a guy they feel like could potentially stay with Bradshaw downfield. No other team can say that as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

But it's not like Graham is running these exotic routes down the field, esp with the injury uncertainties at QB. I understand your point that speed doesn't always mean the most to DBs, but Claiborne knowing his speed could be more confident than some other players who are beaten before the snap. If Claiborne thinks Bradshaw is only gonna run streaks, deep posts or hitch and go routes, maybe KW feels confident he can keep up with him and commits another player to defending the run. I dunno, I'm not saying he is gonna shut down Bradshaw, only that KW is the only team that Graham will have faced that has a guy they feel like could potentially stay with Bradshaw downfield. No other team can say that as far as I know.

Agree

20 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

Hey guys, someone else may have answered this and I missed it, but will this game be broadcast on the radio, and if so what station? Thanks

Kicks Country broadcasts the Graham games. You can listen on radio or from their website.

Update for GRAHAM fans ...

Pep rally tonight @ 6. Downtown Bluefield @ Asbury Park.

Send off for the G-MEN tomorrow morning @ GHS. Fans are gathering @ the school @ 7:45. The G-MEN will be departing shortly afterwards.

The Road To Salem!

We're Back! 

PS ... Umbrellas NOT allowed @ Salem City Stadium!

50 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Send off for the G-MEN tomorrow morning @ GHS. Fans are gathering @ the school @ 7:45. The G-MEN will be departing shortly afterwards.

The Road To Salem!

We're Back! 

Just in ... due to the rain and the predicted continuation of it ... in the Bluefield area, tonight's pep rally has been cancelled.

The Saturday morning send-off is still on ... rain or shine!

💦🌞🏈

55 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

The Road To Salem!

We're Back! 

KW left a couple of hours ago. Hopefully, they find lots to do in Salem tonight like movies, etc.

12 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

I do no think that they have ever been allowed in that particular stadium. I believe it is to ensure the fan's views are not blocked.

You put the small foldable retractable runnershaft umbrella that's only about 12 inches in length when retracted, and place it under your coat.  I've never been shut down due to an umbrella rule.  If you have the 3 footer that doesn't have the retractable runnershaft and handle, then there is no point attempting it.

6 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You put the small foldable retractable runnershaft umbrella that's only about 12 inches in length when retracted, and place it under your coat.  I've never been shut down due to an umbrella rule.  If you have the 3 footer that doesn't have the retractable runnershaft and handle, then there is no point attempting it.

Hopefully, it won't be needed but I'll just carry a poncho! 😉

12 minutes ago, CPF said:

You testing fire alarms tonight? 🤣🤣🤣

😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

I thought about hosting KW a cocktail party tonight! Hookers included! Last call @ 4:00 am!

Then you guys need to do your part ... make the phone call to VHSL in the morning!!! Where there's a will ... there's a way!

43 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

I thought about hosting KW a cocktail party tonight! Hookers included! Last call @ 4:00 am!

Then you guys need to do your part ... make the phone call to VHSL in the morning!!! Where there's a will ... there's a way!

Prostitutes and legal minors.  I see no feasible way this can go wrong.