Graham vs King William VA 2A State Championship

Graham32

5 hours ago, foosballer said:

Numbers pulled from Va Dept of Ed for fall enrollment. I added the 8th grade numbers for what 22/23 will look like for SW and M7.

image.png.c26913ff1853f7c11ef7f7b8c90c7750.png

image.png.ba7ba33d158a9e5652c5ddb44c32e868.png

Didn't realize Richlands and Central had that many kids what is the number to become 3a

Class 1 cutoff 500   -- There are 2 Class 2A schools with less   --Brunswick  477 and Mountain View Quicksburg  499

Class 2 cutoff 725  --  Central Woodstock has 770 

Class 3 cutoff 1130 --  Lightridge 969 and George Wythe Richmond (1074) compete in class 4A with less. Tabb (1132), Culpeper County (1163), Lake Taylor (1179) and Caroline (1150) compete in class 3A with more

Class 4 cutoff 1550 -- There are a handful competing just above or below the cutoff

Class 5 cutoff - I can't tell. they seem to be able to go where they want at this level. lol. Tallwood competes in class 5 with 1977 students while John Lewis is in Class 6 with 1723. Cutoff seems to be around 1750.

Alexandria City (formerly T. C. Williams) has 3777 students. The high school has a larger population than Highland County and just a few less that the city of Norton.

37 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I just want to wish the G-Men the best! Make Southwest Virginia proud! I know Graham has the talent and coaching to bring back the title. We need another team in Club 5!

We have the talent just have to play smart and disciplined. 

17 hours ago, foosballer said:

Numbers pulled from Va Dept of Ed for fall enrollment. I added the 8th grade numbers for what 22/23 will look like for SW and M7.

image.png.c26913ff1853f7c11ef7f7b8c90c7750.png

image.png.ba7ba33d158a9e5652c5ddb44c32e868.png

The 9th grade class is bigger than the 12th grade at every school except Va High and Battle. It is also the largest class out of every grade except Va High and Battle. Guess the snow storm that year missed Bristol altogether! 😂

This is for all the marbles, and both teams have earned their way here, no gimmes.  Both teams will have to play their best to gain the win.  Wish the best for both teams and hope that the Gmen bring home the hardware, but guys you have to be ready for anything as both teams have the cabability and talent along with great coaches. Wishing a safe journey for all and good luck to both teams, Go GMEN!! (Hard for a true blue fan to say that, but I said it)

7 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

l think both teams are prepared to leave it all on the field on Saturday.  Should be a good one for sure.  I believe if the G men execute their game-plan well and limit miscues and turnover, they have a good chance.

I will say this. Tackling is important in every game but in this one Graham will have to tackle better than they have all year. KW will be hard to bring down. 

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

The 9th grade class is bigger than the 12th grade at every school except Va High and Battle. It is also the largest class out of every grade except Va High and Battle. Guess the snow storm that year missed Bristol altogether! 😂

Not to burst any bubbles, but the 12th grade class is usually a bit smaller.  That 9th grade class will dwindle down a bit by the time they become seniors.  A few will drop out or move and a few will get their GED for one reason or another.

8 minutes ago, Graham32 said:

I will say this. Tackling is important in every game but in this one Graham will have to tackle better than they have all year. KW will be hard to bring down. 

I agree.  Claiborne especially is very elusive, compact and low to the ground.  Closest thing to him that Graham has faced is Lomax.  But Claiborne is shiftier and has more straight away speed. 

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Not to burst any bubbles, but the 12th grade class is usually a bit smaller.  That 9th grade class will dwindle down a bit by the time they become seniors.  A few will drop out or move and a few will get their GED for one reason or another.

9th is even bigger than the 8th grade classes too. I'm sticking with the snow storm theory! haha

9 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I agree.  Claiborne especially is very elusive, compact and low to the ground.  Closest thing to him that Graham has faced is Lomax.  But Claiborne is shiftier and has more straight away speed. 

Right on the money with this. Gonna be a tough challenge for the G-Men.

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I would bet the coaches have well prepped the players for what it's going to take to bring Claiborne down. If the boys execute what they've been taught & practiced, GMen have a really good chance on Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham's offense will be equally as challenging for KW to stop   The more disciplined team should win 

Anyone see the film of KW vs Woodstock. Central was lining up in a 2 wide set and KW was running a cover 3. If they do that against Graham we will run it down their throats. 

With Appomattox County, Graham had lots of 1 on 1 coverage with Bradshaw with little help over the top and Graham didn't take any shots with him in the passing game.  Graham didn't have to.  They ran it so well that they didn't need to take any shots.  I wouldn't be surprised if KW tries this as well.  They may come into the game feeling like Graham won't take a shot even with Bradshaw 1 on 1.  That could serve Graham well.  If I'm Graham and I have a first down play that has Bradshaw in 1 on 1 coverage, I'm telling my QB to cancel the play and audible with him and the throw deep ball.  1 out of 2 times or at least 1 out of 3 times when he's in 1 on 1 coverage, it's usually going to be a touchdown.  Appomattox County gave Graham a gift with that 1 on 1 coverage and the only reason they didn't get burned with it was because Graham didn't have to use it.  

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

With Appomattox County, Graham had lots of 1 on 1 coverage with Bradshaw with little help over the top and Graham didn't take any shots with him in the passing game.  Graham didn't have to.  They ran it so well that they didn't need to take any shots.  I wouldn't be surprised if KW tries this as well.  They may come into the game feeling like Graham won't take a shot even with Bradshaw 1 on 1.  That could serve Graham well.  If I'm Graham and I have a first down play that has Bradshaw in 1 on 1 coverage, I'm telling my QB to cancel the play and audible with him and the throw deep ball.  1 out of 2 times or at least 1 out of 3 times when he's in 1 on 1 coverage, it's usually going to be a touchdown.  Appomattox County gave Graham a gift with that 1 on 1 coverage and the only reason they didn't get burned with it was because Graham didn't have to use it.  

We will probably see Claiborne matched up on Bradshaw the whole game imo.